Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:49:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 151757 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1425 on: November 13, 2014, 07:36:27 PM »

im sure bushie got another one of his 'doctor's notes.'

but he is still fired.  id be surprised if the boss doesnt tell him to go home tomorrow.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1426 on: November 13, 2014, 07:47:54 PM »

It's about time to eat.  My head feels much better this evening.  I am really looking forward to getting back in the groove tomorrow.  I believe I'm fine, based on what my boss told me yesterday and today.  We'll just see what happens in the coming days and weeks.  I don't plan on missing any more days for a long time.  I need to get back and continue training and getting ready for our big onslaught of work.

So the last two days were planned then?  Oh, okay.  I get it now. 

No, they were manager initiated.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1427 on: November 13, 2014, 07:50:03 PM »

im sure bushie got another one of his 'doctor's notes.'

but he is still fired.  id be surprised if the boss doesnt tell him to go home tomorrow.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is fired tomorrow, but I could also see him sticking around for a few more weeks until some unforeseen company or illness causes him to miss more time.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1428 on: November 13, 2014, 07:50:23 PM »

Kudos on blaming the shot for your "slightly sour stomach."

It was just a guess.  Not a definitive blame or anything.  I hadn't had anything to eat before that sour stomach hardly except a bowl of cereal and a couple sandwiches.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1429 on: November 13, 2014, 07:54:02 PM »

It's about time to eat.  My head feels much better this evening.  I am really looking forward to getting back in the groove tomorrow.  I believe I'm fine, based on what my boss told me yesterday and today.  We'll just see what happens in the coming days and weeks.  I don't plan on missing any more days for a long time.  I need to get back and continue training and getting ready for our big onslaught of work.

So the last two days were planned then?  Oh, okay.  I get it now. 

Okay, so your manager came up to you and said "you don't look good and sent you home?"
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1430 on: November 13, 2014, 07:54:12 PM »

How many sandwiches?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1431 on: November 13, 2014, 07:55:05 PM »

Anyway, my head is feeling much better.  The shot knocked it way down to a Grade 3 or 4.  I can barely feel it.  They had to turn out the overhead light in the examination room because my head was just throbbing then.  That was 8 1/2 hours ago, though.  It doesn't matter, though, because I'm going to work tomorrow come hell or high water.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1432 on: November 13, 2014, 07:55:41 PM »

J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1433 on: November 13, 2014, 08:01:47 PM »

Anyway, my head is feeling much better.  The shot knocked it way down to a Grade 3 or 4.  I can barely feel it.  They had to turn out the overhead light in the examination room because my head was just throbbing then.  That was 8 1/2 hours ago, though.  It doesn't matter, though, because I'm going to work tomorrow come hell or high water.

Interesting. Headache's so bad that you can't even stand the light on in the doctor's office, but you could stand watching literally hours of pulsing, rapidly moving colored light the night before, right after the "grade 8."

You are lazy and manipulative.

What's on TV tonight?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1434 on: November 13, 2014, 08:07:07 PM »

Guys, stop being so mean to Bushie. You can't seriously expect him to do something as difficult as drinking water. Let's break this down into simpler steps. Maybe in the shower, open your mouth a bit and swallow just a tad. No pressure. Once you master this, we can work our way up to a full bottle.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1435 on: November 13, 2014, 08:08:05 PM »

It's about time to eat.  My head feels much better this evening.  I am really looking forward to getting back in the groove tomorrow.  I believe I'm fine, based on what my boss told me yesterday and today.  We'll just see what happens in the coming days and weeks.  I don't plan on missing any more days for a long time.  I need to get back and continue training and getting ready for our big onslaught of work.

So the last two days were planned then?  Oh, okay.  I get it now.  

Okay, so your manager came up to you and said "you don't look good and sent you home?"

It doesn't really matter, because in either case, the manager sees a sickly, incapable person and that will most certainly result in early termination. Bushie doesn't seem to get that the rest of the world isn't like his coddling, enabler household and religious clique: people being nice to you at first is no indicator that they're going to subsidize your inability to function, nor that you're going to perpetually get away with pulling the wool over their eyes.  
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1436 on: November 13, 2014, 08:27:51 PM »

Interesting. Headache's so bad that you can't even stand the light on in the doctor's office, but you could stand watching literally hours of pulsing, rapidly moving colored light the night before, right after the "grade 8."

What's on TV tonight?

Buffalo Bills vs. Miami Dolphins on NFL Network.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1437 on: November 13, 2014, 08:31:17 PM »

We'll just see how my manager handles my return in the coming days and weeks.  No one here can say definitively that I am automatically fired without a doubt.  I cannot say definitively that I will have a job.  It's all in his hands, but moreover, it is in God's hands.  All I know is my boss gave me no reason to worry, and I don't think he would lie to me.  I am going to go back in tomorrow and pick up where I left off at 0915 Wednesday morning.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1438 on: November 13, 2014, 08:32:27 PM »

Guys, stop being so mean to Bushie. You can't seriously expect him to do something as difficult as drinking water. Let's break this down into simpler steps. Maybe in the shower, open your mouth a bit and swallow just a tad. No pressure. Once you master this, we can work our way up to a full bottle.

You'll be surprised to hear that I did have two glasses of water this afternoon while I played Skip-Bo.  It sure tasted good, too.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1439 on: November 13, 2014, 08:49:09 PM »

We'll just see how my manager handles my return in the coming days and weeks.  No one here can say definitively that I am automatically fired without a doubt.  I cannot say definitively that I will have a job.  It's all in his hands, but moreover, it is in God's hands.  All I know is my boss gave me no reason to worry, and I don't think he would lie to me.  I am going to go back in tomorrow and pick up where I left off at 0915 Wednesday morning.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1440 on: November 13, 2014, 09:00:13 PM »

Anyway, my head is feeling much better.  The shot knocked it way down to a Grade 3 or 4.  I can barely feel it. They had to turn out the overhead light in the examination room because my head was just throbbing then.  That was 8 1/2 hours ago, though.  It doesn't matter, though, because I'm going to work tomorrow come hell or high water.

What's on TV tonight?

It will no doubt become tolerable again at 1925 when he watches the Buffalo Bills take on the Miami Dolphins on Thursday Night Football.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1441 on: November 13, 2014, 09:06:02 PM »

Anyway, my head is feeling much better.  The shot knocked it way down to a Grade 3 or 4.  I can barely feel it. They had to turn out the overhead light in the examination room because my head was just throbbing then.  That was 8 1/2 hours ago, though.  It doesn't matter, though, because I'm going to work tomorrow come hell or high water.

What's on TV tonight?

It will no doubt become tolerable again at 1925 when he watches the Buffalo Bills take on the Miami Dolphins on Thursday Night Football.

I thought of you when I wrote that. Smiley  Although, the overhead light is off in my room so I don't have a hot, bright light glaring at me.  I likely won't watch the entire game and may go to bed within the next hour to hour and a half.  My headache is much, much lower than it was, but I don't want to bring it back.  I haven't watched TV all day since the news this morning until I turned it on for the game.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1442 on: November 13, 2014, 09:27:42 PM »

I know it is only 2030, but 9 hours sleep is looking mighty delicious right now.  I've had a headache for 12 straight days and I don't want to make it 13.  It feels pretty good right now, so I think sleep - laying still in a cool, dark room - is exactly what I need tonight.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1443 on: November 13, 2014, 09:37:34 PM »

What's on TV tonight?

I thought of you when I wrote that. Smiley  Although, the overhead light is off in my room so I don't have a hot, bright light glaring at me.  I likely won't watch the entire game and may go to bed within the next hour to hour and a half.  My headache is much, much lower than it was, but I don't want to bring it back.  I haven't watched TV all day since the news this morning until I turned it on for the game.

Able to look at the bright lights of a television and a computer, yet incapable -- totally, utterly unable -- to even consider practicing the software that he hopes becomes the basis of a "career."
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1444 on: November 13, 2014, 09:52:48 PM »

I've had a headache for 12 straight days and I don't want to make it 13.  It feels pretty good right now, so I think sleep - laying still in a cool, dark room - is exactly what I need tonight.
To be, or not to be--that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them. To die, to sleep--
No more--and by a sleep to say we end
The heartache, and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to. 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep--
To sleep--perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1445 on: November 13, 2014, 10:04:42 PM »

I know it is only 2030, but 9 hours sleep is looking mighty delicious right now.

Good luck on your delicious sleep.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1446 on: November 13, 2014, 10:11:09 PM »

Delicious Sleep.  The early contender for Season XIX.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1447 on: November 14, 2014, 01:13:31 AM »

Bushie's theme song:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1MMDugt8ZRk
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1448 on: November 14, 2014, 01:26:41 AM »

I think this generally fits better: https://youtube.com/watch?v=jdC9nJzZNyI
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1449 on: November 14, 2014, 07:58:26 AM »

Good Friday morning!  I feel much better this morning.  I only have a small headache that is fading in and out.  I'll leave in about 2 minutes for work.  I'm looking forward to getting back in the groove.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies