Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:20:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 151882 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: November 14, 2014, 09:47:09 PM »

Well, the corn and green beans were good. Corn is a grain and a veggie. Whole corn is quite good for you. The ice cream canceled it, though, probably. Hopefully only one piece of pumpkin pie was consumed.

Dude the veggies were swimming in butter and salt.  No applause necessary.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1476 on: November 14, 2014, 09:50:31 PM »

The veggies didn't have any margarine or salt.  That's not the way Grandma fixes them.  I lightly salted and peppered them at the table, but just enough to enhance the flavor.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1477 on: November 14, 2014, 10:37:35 PM »

Damn, he can certainly eat a lot of stuff in one sitting.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1478 on: November 14, 2014, 10:59:27 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2014, 11:08:39 PM by J-Mann »

Honestly, growing up in the Midwest, that type of dinner isn't all that out of the ordinary. Nor are the portions abnormal.

Some of our big dinners were Mexican food, and on a Friday night (which was our Mexican night), I'd eat a hardshell flour taco, a hardshell flour tostada, beef enchilada, tamale, a bowl of refried beans and a large sancho (sort of like a burrito with pork chile on top). Everything was salted appropriately and anything fried was fried in honest to goodness lard.

That being said, I'm not 125+ pounds overweight for my height and never have been. And if I was, I'd probably watch what I was putting in my mouth. And all that happened when I was in my late teens. So ... yeah ...
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1479 on: November 14, 2014, 11:03:44 PM »

Yeah, but he has years of practice. Rome wasn't built in a day.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1480 on: November 15, 2014, 01:00:18 AM »

Update Season XIX: Enhance The Flavor
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1481 on: November 15, 2014, 01:17:32 AM »

bushie let your poor 98-year-old grandmother eat cereal for dinner if she wants to!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1482 on: November 15, 2014, 08:28:55 AM »

Wow... such a sad, sad life.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1483 on: November 15, 2014, 10:10:09 AM »

Good Saturday Morning!  I slept for almost 10 hours and slept very well.  Breakfast is over and now I am watching College Game Day on ESPN.  I will watch the first half of the Clemson vs. Georgia Tech game and then start moving over to Grandma's sometime this afternoon.  I will come back to my parents' for supper and then will go to a birthday party for a handsome 13-year-old.  It will be one of the last times I get to see him as he and his family are about to spend two years in Cameroon, Africa on a .  They leave December 26 which is now less than 6 weeks away.  I am excited for them.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1484 on: November 15, 2014, 10:13:38 AM »

I will come back to my parents' for supper and then will go to a birthday party for a handsome 13-year-old.  It will be one of the last times I get to see him as he and his family are about to spend two years in Cameroon, Africa on a . 

Handsome 13 year olds in Cameroon live on periods?  I hope there's political stability there, as I wouldn't want any question mark warlords to engage in punctuation cleansing.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1485 on: November 15, 2014, 10:23:10 AM »

As of a few days ago, you "planned" to practice AutoCAD today. Glad to see that it's been moved to the pay-no-mind list today.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1486 on: November 15, 2014, 10:27:15 AM »

Good Saturday Morning!  I slept for almost 10 hours and slept very well.  Breakfast is over and now I am watching College Game Day on ESPN.  I will watch the first half of the Clemson vs. Georgia Tech game and then start moving over to Grandma's sometime this afternoon.  I will come back to my parents' for supper and then will go to a birthday party for a handsome 13-year-old.  It will be one of the last times I get to see him as he and his family are about to spend two years in Cameroon, Africa on a .  They leave December 26 which is now less than 6 weeks away.  I am excited for them.

.....WHAT....
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1487 on: November 15, 2014, 10:34:14 AM »

.....WHAT....

I see the kiddie birthday parties are back in full swing.  Who actually invites you to these things? 
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1488 on: November 15, 2014, 11:22:25 AM »

She is going to stop me from having fast food every night and I will stop her from having a bowl of cereal every night. 

At night? If you're going to have poor eating habits, the former is a whole lot worse than even a bad example of the latter. So she's doing you the favor.

Good Saturday Morning!  I slept for almost 10 hours and slept very well.  Breakfast is over

No exercise = no energy.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1489 on: November 15, 2014, 12:01:15 PM »

I decided to come over to Grandma's early and get things set up on account of the supper at Mom and Dad's and the birthday party that will keep me busy for about 5 hours total this evening.  I've got my main computer set up and I'm posting this update on the main computer.  I'll head over to Mom and Dad's about 1500 and help them get supper started.  We're having homemade pizza, in case you want to know.  I'll leave for the birthday party about 1710 and should be home between 1930 and 2000.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1490 on: November 15, 2014, 12:03:15 PM »

.....WHAT....

Troubling to say the least. Ick.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1491 on: November 15, 2014, 12:03:45 PM »

.....WHAT....

I see the kiddie birthday parties are back in full swing.  Who actually invites you to these things? 

Well, considering they are moving to Cameroon for two years leaving Dec 26 and the next birthday is in February, this will be the last one for quite a while.  I only go to this family's birthday parties.  That's because my cousin and I have been best friends since we were knee high to a grasshopper.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1492 on: November 15, 2014, 12:08:21 PM »

bushie let your poor 98-year-old grandmother eat cereal for dinner if she wants to!

You just aged her 10 years...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1493 on: November 15, 2014, 12:09:09 PM »

.....WHAT....

Troubling to say the least. Ick.

Hard to give Bushie the benefit of the doubt here when he's sinful and gluttonous in every other aspect of his life.
Anonymouse
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1494 on: November 15, 2014, 12:11:38 PM »

I will come back to my parents' for supper and then will go to a birthday party for a handsome 13-year-old. 

The FBI is now monitoring this thread.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1495 on: November 15, 2014, 12:28:10 PM »

.....WHAT....

Well, considering they are moving to Cameroon for two years leaving Dec 26 and the next birthday is in February, this will be the last one for quite a while.  I only go to this family's birthday parties.  That's because my cousin and I have been best friends since we were knee high to a grasshopper.

Okay, some play on this phrase has got to be the title for the next season.  Mouth High To A Cheeseburger?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1496 on: November 15, 2014, 12:55:10 PM »

Aren't you going to watch the Game of the Year, when outrageously disrespected Mississippi State justifies its well-deserved #1 ranking yet again by defeating the unimpressive, overrated Alabama?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1497 on: November 15, 2014, 12:57:36 PM »

Aren't you going to watch the Game of the Year, when outrageously disrespected Mississippi State justifies its well-deserved #1 ranking yet again by defeating the unimpressive, overrated Alabama?

Absolutely everything in Bushie's world is head-scratching... so I can only assume some very obscure Div. III hoops game is on the docket.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1498 on: November 15, 2014, 01:20:35 PM »

Absolutely everything in Bushie's world is head-scratching... so I can only assume some very obscure Div. III hoops game is on the docket.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with watching small school athletics.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1499 on: November 15, 2014, 01:22:38 PM »

Hey, there's nothing wrong with watching small school athletics.

Perhaps, but the Mississippi State/Alabama game has an amazing David-turned-Goliath vs. Satan vibe to it that you don't usually see.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies