Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:29:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 151709 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: November 15, 2014, 01:23:26 PM »

Aren't you going to watch the Game of the Year, when outrageously disrespected Mississippi State justifies its well-deserved #1 ranking yet again by defeating the unimpressive, overrated Alabama?

Absolutely everything in Bushie's world is head-scratching... so I can only assume some very obscure Div. III hoops game is on the docket.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with watching small school athletics.

No, there's nothing wrong it.  What I'm saying is that you are the type to watch a ton of sports, and then when there's a huge national game, watch something relatively obscure.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1501 on: November 15, 2014, 03:00:53 PM »

As of a few days ago, you "planned" to practice AutoCAD today. Glad to see that it's been moved to the pay-no-mind list today.

there is a kiddie party to attend.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1502 on: November 15, 2014, 03:02:52 PM »

lol Bushie wastes his days away watching meaningless football but a huge game that 40 million Americans will probably watch is on and he'll pass.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1503 on: November 15, 2014, 03:12:31 PM »

BushOK, if your Medigan family member ever challenges me on pizza/Italian food again, we are going to have a problem.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1504 on: November 15, 2014, 03:14:22 PM »

BushOK, if your Medigan family member ever challenges me on pizza/Italian food again, we are going to have a problem.

Classic exchange.  Fritos. Haha.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1505 on: November 15, 2014, 03:26:56 PM »

Phil, that was a funny exchange.  You both have valid opinions on the matter from personal experience.  He was just stating his opinion of real Italian pizza.  Just because he has a different opinion than you were expecting doesn't mean you should blow up at him about it.  Not everyone likes the same things you do.  I'm not sure about the Spanish involvement in the tomato sauce, but that's a minor point.  Don't blow up at someone just because they don't like "real Italian pizza".
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1506 on: November 15, 2014, 03:34:12 PM »

I understand people sometimes aren't going to like what I like, BushOK, but your cafone family member started it by saying real pizza is "horrible." What a sad case.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1507 on: November 15, 2014, 03:35:28 PM »

Bushie can't do anything productive this weekend because, alas, he has to go to a 13 year old's birthday party because blah blah blah went to high school with somebody's cousin blah blah blah knee high to a grasshopper blah blah blah. #ClassicBushie #YOLO #RIPCADD
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1508 on: November 15, 2014, 03:35:48 PM »

I understand people sometimes aren't going to like what I like, BushOK, but your cafone family member started it by saying real pizza is "horrible." What a sad case.

Still no reason to blow up at them.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1509 on: November 15, 2014, 03:37:55 PM »

Bushie can't do anything productive this weekend because, alas, he has to go to a 13 year old's birthday party because blah blah blah went to high school with somebody's cousin blah blah blah knee high to a grasshopper blah blah blah. #ClassicBushie #YOLO #RIPCADD

I did have a glass of water just a bit ago.  16 oz. worth.  Not much, I'll admit, but it's better than having nothing!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1510 on: November 15, 2014, 03:39:06 PM »

Oh, and I still plan to work with my AutoCAD some this evening after the birthday party.  I should be home at or before 2000, so while I watch some late night football, there's no reason I can't work with it some.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1511 on: November 15, 2014, 03:40:41 PM »

Harry, I am going to watch at least the first quarter of the MSU/Bama game.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1512 on: November 15, 2014, 03:59:05 PM »

I'd understand the passion if he was trying to justify, say, New York vs. Chicago-style, or some other valid argument. This was all in the name of justifying how good boxed pizza from IGA is.

"I've been to Italy ... went there to fight dagos for my country! I ate their sh[ink] pizza, and I can tell you FOR A FACT, one Mr. Ettore Boiardi KNOWS what he's doing when it comes to pizza."
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1513 on: November 15, 2014, 04:03:37 PM »

Natural selection must have weeded tastebuds out of the Brown family gene pool.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1514 on: November 15, 2014, 05:16:16 PM »

I will come back to my parents' for supper and then will go to a birthday party for a handsome 13-year-old.  It will be one of the last times I get to see him as he and his family are about to spend two years in Cameroon, Africa on a . 

Handsome 13 year olds in Cameroon live on periods?  I hope there's political stability there, as I wouldn't want any question mark warlords to engage in punctuation cleansing.

OK, in seriousness, can you explain what he and his family are doing in Cameroon?  You wrote "he and his family are about to spend two years in Cameroon, Africa on a ."  What's a "."?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1515 on: November 15, 2014, 05:25:44 PM »

Oh, sorry, I meant to add mission trip.  They are going to manage the front desk of a guest house for Bible translators.  They are with the Wycliffe organization.
Anonymouse
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1516 on: November 15, 2014, 05:30:58 PM »

Oh, sorry, I meant to add mission trip.  They are going to manage the front desk of a guest house for Bible translators.  They are with the Wycliffe organization.

The Wycliffe organization? OMG! Quit your job and join them!
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1517 on: November 15, 2014, 06:50:29 PM »

So basically they are spending two years in a developing country not to do actual missions work but to do a mundane front office job that could easily be done by local Cameroonians with basic English skills?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1518 on: November 15, 2014, 07:25:18 PM »

Bushie, please don't love on a 13-year-old boy.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1519 on: November 15, 2014, 07:26:29 PM »

It's too late. I fear the poor 13-year-old boy is being loved by the whole clan as we speak.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1520 on: November 15, 2014, 07:32:39 PM »

It's too late. I fear the poor 13-year-old boy is being loved by the whole clan as we speak.

i feel bad for this boy.  he is being dragged off to some backwater (even worse than oklahoma) to spread the white man's religion to a people who arent interested.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1521 on: November 15, 2014, 07:46:39 PM »

i feel bad for this boy.  he is being dragged off to some backwater (even worse than oklahoma) to spread the white man's religion to a people who arent interested.

I feel bad for him because in all likelihood this birthday party isn't going to involve normal 13 year old pursuits like paintball or laser tag but will rather be a bunch of middle-aged people shoveling fried salty foods down their gullets and then playing Skip-Bo.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1522 on: November 15, 2014, 07:52:02 PM »

I feel bad for him because in all likelihood this birthday party isn't going to involve normal 13 year old pursuits like paintball or laser tag but will rather be a bunch of middle-aged people shoveling fried salty foods down their gullets and then playing Skip-Bo.

The only thing that can salvage this party is a good old-fashioned game of Update-opoly.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1523 on: November 15, 2014, 07:53:39 PM »

The only thing that can salvage this party is a good old-fashioned game of Update-opoly.

Strip Update-opoly, for the loving on.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1524 on: November 15, 2014, 08:07:34 PM »

They probably throw a movie on while the adults sit around and gossip. You know... A party.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies