Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:04:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 151705 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1575 on: November 16, 2014, 07:40:45 PM »

Because of my past fears of winter driving.  I'm a little better on winter roads, but he wants to make absolutely sure I get to work tomorrow.  He knows I can't miss with two days gone last week.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1576 on: November 16, 2014, 07:45:28 PM »

This sounds like a terrible job anyway. 32 miles away. Burden on grandma. Still paying rent on a Tulsa apt not being used. Literally working just to work not actually making real money.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1577 on: November 16, 2014, 07:47:57 PM »

The more you post, the more I think you've got some serious handicaps.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1578 on: November 16, 2014, 07:53:23 PM »

Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates: there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with enjoying yourself and eating the whole box in one sitting.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1579 on: November 16, 2014, 08:05:27 PM »

That's kind of it. We regularly point fingers at his family for coddling him, but there very well could be a reason that we're not aware of.

That, plus the complete inability to do anything that would help him help himself ... the evidence is mounting.

This sounds like a terrible job anyway. 32 miles away. Burden on grandma. Still paying rent on a Tulsa apt not being used. Literally working just to work not actually making real money.

The distance thing isn't too unheard of in the Midwest ... although 32 miles one way is significant. I have a 12 mile one-way commute each morning, and if there's general levels of traffic in Kansas City, it takes 20 to 25 minutes.  Of course, the money his parents are paying for an apartment that no one is living in could have been redirected to an apartment (or even temporary housing) closer to work if he weren't too lazy to do five minutes of research on how to sublease an apartment.

But that's what big kids have to do. They may encounter unfamiliar situations and, ya know, have to figure out how to deal with them. That's too much to ask for our dear friend.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1580 on: November 16, 2014, 08:36:48 PM »

If it's any consolation, all the school districts in central and western Oklahoma are closed for tomorrow because of the treacherous travel.  This means the traffic should be lighter in the morning for me as I head in to work.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1581 on: November 16, 2014, 08:50:06 PM »

I remember last winter I was in school and school kept getting called off every time I turned around.  I have no such luxury this winter.  Especially working with the Department of Defense, it's kind of important that I be there as often as I can.  Even though my boss is cool with me taking off for officially 14.7 hours last week, I really do feel bad that I had to take the time off.  I really like this job and I want to do everything I can to protect it.  This includes not talking about it much and not talking at all about the sensitive information that I'm exposed to.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1582 on: November 16, 2014, 09:11:53 PM »

between snow and headaches, work isnt looking promising for bushie tomorrow.

Bushie is the biggest pussy alive when it comes to snow. RIP CHURCH, RIP JOB.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1583 on: November 16, 2014, 09:13:36 PM »

Bushie you don't work for the Department of Defense. You work for a subcontractor that is a body mill.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1584 on: November 16, 2014, 09:21:04 PM »

Grumps, I never said I wasn't going to work tomorrow.  You can't be putting words in my mouth and jumping to conclusions.  It is natural and safer to take the routes that are treated before you take the back roads which may be a skating rink.  I'm not being a pussy, I'm being smart and safe.

Also, my contractor works with the DoD.  It is not a body mill.  It is a legitimate job for a globally known and respected defense contractor.  You can't dismiss this job as a body mill.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1585 on: November 16, 2014, 09:26:38 PM »

Jeff, why do you have a fear of winter driving when you've lived your entire life in Oklahoma (save for that Utah stint) where it has always snowed every now and then in the winter? Surely you grew up observing your parents driving in icy conditions and learned how to handle those when you learned how to drive.

It would be like me having a fear of driving in heavy rain despite being exposed to it all my life.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1586 on: November 16, 2014, 09:30:39 PM »

Jeff, why do you have a fear of winter driving when you've lived your entire life in Oklahoma (save for that Utah stint) where it has always snowed every now and then in the winter? Surely you grew up observing your parents driving in icy conditions and learned how to handle those when you learned how to drive.

It would be like me having a fear of driving in heavy rain despite being exposed to it all my life.

I was always very timid about driving in winter weather.  I moved to Utah and that changed that.  I'm a whole lot more comfortable on winter roads than I was 3 years ago.  I still don't like driving in the stuff and will stay home when I can in the snow, but I'm more comfortable on it now.  I can't explain why I didn't get used to it until 3 decades into my life, but it's better now.  Nothing I have said tonight should convey that I am timid about winter driving.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1587 on: November 16, 2014, 09:36:18 PM »

This includes not talking about it much and not talking at all about the sensitive information that I'm exposed to.

You're doomed.

I mean….someone who gave up his Social Security number to a stranger on the internet is being trusted with national security secrets?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1588 on: November 16, 2014, 09:43:17 PM »

Bushie can be Accidental Edward Snowden.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1589 on: November 16, 2014, 10:03:21 PM »

This includes not talking about it much and not talking at all about the sensitive information that I'm exposed to.

You're doomed.

I mean….someone who gave up his Social Security number to a stranger on the internet is being trusted with national security secrets?

Let's put things into perspective.  It can't be that sensitive.  I didn't have to get a security clearance, so it's not that secure.  The information I am exposed to are just floor plans of buildings on 11 bases in the United States plus one base overseas.  The floor plans show where the comm rooms are located which is where most of the changes have been made.  It's only about 1-3 rooms per building on average.  So, none of it is inherently classified, but it is still information that's best not to be divulged.  I made it sound more classified than it actually is.

Ah, well ISIS and al-Qaeda will appreciate being able to plan to only need explosives in 1 to 3 locations in a given building. Keep up the good work!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1590 on: November 16, 2014, 10:34:44 PM »

I only give him a 1/3 chance of making it in tomorrow.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1591 on: November 16, 2014, 10:35:41 PM »

You know, I always kind of had a feeling that Update's end would come about because Bushie was arrested on espionage charges.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1592 on: November 16, 2014, 10:45:06 PM »

Bushie can be Accidental Edward Snowden.

That didn't take long:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=200654.msg4383695#msg4383695
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1593 on: November 16, 2014, 10:57:07 PM »

You know the Feds are tracking this site for dangerous political radicals (just to be safe), but I don't think it was their intent to find someone like Bushie. Oh geez
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1594 on: November 16, 2014, 11:04:44 PM »

You know the Feds are tracking this site for dangerous political radicals (just to be safe), but I don't think it was their intent to find someone like Bushie. Oh geez

Poor, poor, Snowstalker.

By the way, how did you find out this information?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1595 on: November 17, 2014, 07:29:48 AM »

bushie let your poor 98-year-old grandmother eat cereal for dinner if she wants to!

You just aged her 10 years...

No, that would be you.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1596 on: November 17, 2014, 10:44:35 AM »

I got a pleasant surprise early this morning. My boss sent out a mass text to all of us peasants saying that because of the roads today was optional.  He said it was our call, just be safe.  So, I stayed home today.  I was really dreading the 25 mile drive on ice, so I'm glad he sent out a mass text.  That's the sign of a good boss!!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1597 on: November 17, 2014, 10:45:58 AM »

Wow.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1598 on: November 17, 2014, 10:50:38 AM »

However, I am considering going in for a half a day.  The sunshine has been at work on the roads for three hours so they should be better.  We're still in the middle 20's right now, but the sunshine is the big key.  I feel like I need to get some work done as things are starting to get a little busier than they were the beginning of last week.  I haven't made up my mind either way, yet, it's just a thought.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1599 on: November 17, 2014, 10:52:06 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies