Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:20:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 151645 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: November 18, 2014, 09:52:12 PM »

Bushie, I still want you to go see Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas at the movie theater and give us a full review.  
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1751 on: November 18, 2014, 09:53:44 PM »

We have plenty good reason. Your 'faith' is a vapid husk and it's making your life even worse.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1752 on: November 18, 2014, 09:56:06 PM »

Another night, another night of ridiculing me and attacking me endlessly and for no good reason.  You guys are hopeless.

Welcome to our world. Frustrating, eh?

Since when is asking a question considered ridicule? I guess when you know you won't like the answer, it can be considered an attack ...

Some of these questions, though, are pointed questions.  They are not intended for informational value, but intended to point fingers and discredit everything I believe in or enjoy doing or something.  Adam is attacking my faith as a whole (he is currently on ignore).  Nathan is attacking my Southern Baptist beliefs which are nothing different than what I believe.  The Southern Baptists are the largest Protestant denomination in the country.  Our views are not that off.  We're not perfect, and we have never claimed to be perfect, but we are a Bible-believing denomination.  You are not really attacking, yourself, but it still seems you don't like my Christian faith and are trying to get me to not rely on God, but rely on myself.  That's hogwash.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1753 on: November 18, 2014, 09:56:50 PM »
« Edited: November 18, 2014, 09:58:26 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

Don't do that to my posts, memphis.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1754 on: November 18, 2014, 10:01:14 PM »

Shouldn't your unshakable believe in Christ make you want to learn as much as possible about Christianity without fear of coming upon the information that may alter your opinion somewhat?  Or do you not have faith?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1755 on: November 18, 2014, 10:03:36 PM »

Another night, another night of ridiculing me and attacking me endlessly and for no good reason.  You guys are hopeless.

Since when is asking a question considered ridicule? I guess when you know you won't like the answer, it can be considered an attack ...

Some of these questions, though, are pointed questions.  They are not intended for informational value, but intended to point fingers and discredit everything I believe in or enjoy doing or something.  Adam is attacking my faith as a whole (he is currently on ignore).  Nathan is attacking my Southern Baptist beliefs which are nothing different than what I believe.  The Southern Baptists are the largest Protestant denomination in the country.  Our views are not that off.  We're not perfect, and we have never claimed to be perfect, but we are a Bible-believing denomination.  You are not really attacking, yourself, but it still seems you don't like my Christian faith and are trying to get me to not rely on God, but rely on myself.  That's hogwash.

.....but you need to rely on yourself to do things.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1756 on: November 18, 2014, 10:05:55 PM »

Nathan is attacking my Southern Baptist beliefs which are nothing different than what I believe.

I'm not sure what you're saying, unless this is meant to be a tautology.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Popularity does not equal soundness.

They're not outside the mainstream, certainly, and I never claimed they were.

Which is a good start, but not really the end of the matter.

You have to rely on God to strengthen and fortify you, not to do everything for you while you spin your wheels in the hopes that it will somehow turn out all right.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1757 on: November 18, 2014, 10:10:35 PM »

I actually think Bushie might be a reincarnation of the Buddha having a laugh to see what it's like as a Southern Baptist. He certainly has all the characteristics. Passive. Fat. Optimistic. He's not directly expressing any Buddha-like wisdom but perhaps that is part of the lesson, part of the joke.  Certainly his story is a parable for our times.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1758 on: November 18, 2014, 10:11:08 PM »

That's some pretty damn expedient-ass means he's got there if so.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1759 on: November 18, 2014, 10:11:57 PM »

Another night, another night of ridiculing me and attacking me endlessly and for no good reason.  You guys are hopeless.

My my, you certainly are always the victim! We ridicule you because you never care to actually explain yourself, you take no advice whatsoever, refuse to answer any difficult questions and then can offer zero rational explanations as to why you do anything that you do. Whenever someone questions you, that's "attacking" in your eye. Whenever someone criticizes any part of your life or beliefs, you somehow correlate that to your "faith" as a defense mechanism. You aren't a Christian; you're a Bushiest, as you do exactly what you want, make no apologies for it, and believe nothing should change. Real Christians are mortified of your behavior, your life choices and your decisions.

Newsflash:  My life is going great right now.  I have nothing to be worried about and everything to be thankful for.

You are currently failing at everything, but won't listen to anyone about any of that, or if you supposedly "listen", all you do is offer the generic, empty "I'll try harder", "I need to do this better', "There's always tomorrow", "Nobody's perfect", blah blah blah blah blah. For one, there isn't always going to be a tomorrow, and you have relatively few of them left statistically-speaking because you literally have been eating for two for decades now.

Your complete lack of dietary restraint pours over into other aspects of your life, and is accentuated by your completely inability to exert any willpower or responsibility whatsoever over your own choices. Things like "I eat a terrible diet that gives me headaches, but my headaches don't come from that: they come from my genetics". Or maybe (!), just maybe, those sorts of things are genetic because there's a environmental factor at work that prevents you and others in your family from actually accepting responsibility for the fact that you are destroying yourselves and only you can fix it.  

Then, you use your bad decisions as a crutch to enable other bad decisions, such as only showing up to your jobs, school and anything else 60-70% of the time (and this is NOT something that is isolated or just to do with this one job; look at CADD class, and your other fifty jobs from which you've been fired or quit in the past year).

Compounding all of this is the fact that you refuse to grow up, and apparently, your family refuses to make you do so, either. You're a damn 30-something year-old man and you're talking about watching claymation movies made for 5-7 year-olds, for f[inks]'s sake! You can't cook anything. You can't clean up after yourself. You can't hold down a steady job. You make horribly ignorant decisions that could only be made by someone who's never been self-sustainable or functional as an adult (like moving in with family while maintaining a residence that's probably costing you more than what you make at this latest month-long job when you factor in time missed), your parents have to go with you to pick out clothes, you can't pay your own bills (neither in financial terms or physical terms), you can't drive confidently in inclement weather, you go to more children's birthday parties than actual children do, you look for every excuse possible to take off of work or reject responsibilities, you constantly borrow money from your parents, you can't make it through a normal day consistently without taking a kindergarten nap, and on and on and on.

You refuse to get help for any of this. Apparently, your family refuses to do anything about it, either. One of two things is happening here, as I've always said.

The first is that you are a manipulative man-child who is the most disgustingly hedonistic person on the face of the planet, and who exists at this point solely to take advantage of anyone who will give you money, time, attention and a roof over your head. In this case, it is likely your family's fault for coddling you and encouraging this sort of behavior; they can certainly be "proud" of the son they raised.

The second is that you are legitimately developmentally-disabled, and your family knows it. They allow you to run rough-shod over them because in effect, you are literally incapable of taking care of yourself, will need permanent support for the rest of your life, and they know it; basically, a notch above or below someone with Down Syndrome, depending (I know a guy with Down Syndrome who's had the same job for 25 years and has his own place - just putting it out there).

Whatever the case: you are in no position to be getting pissy with anyone when they critique or offer you advice. You are completely reliant upon others, stubborn as shit, unwilling to evaluate any aspect of your life that is going poorly (which is all of them), maintain a child-like mentality that reinforces all of this, and on top of all of that, are objectively blasphemous when it comes to how you treat your own religion (which is just an amalgamation of what a few people around you personally believe, and your own selfish interpretation that just so happens to align everything that is "good" what everything that you already do).

You're the hopeless one, Bushie: not the people here who are pointing out all of your miserable failures that you refuse to correct.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1760 on: November 18, 2014, 10:13:59 PM »

That's OK: I'll keep posting, I know you'll keep clicking "Show", and you'll either respond like a child or ignore responding to valid questions completely like you do with so many others.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1761 on: November 18, 2014, 10:16:15 PM »

I couldn't care less about any Christian's faith, as long as it's not contradictory or condemning of me.

But that last part ... I think the gap is that, often, you throw up your hands and don't do everything you (ie: a being created by God and given abilities by that God) to do things for yourself. You don't seem to ask the question, "What skills, abilities and environment did God give me to succeed and how can I use what he gave me to be better?"

That, if anything, would be my problem with your faith. You have so many abilities and so much latent potential. You just choose not to do anything with it.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1762 on: November 18, 2014, 10:18:35 PM »

This would be the perfect time for another cameo appearance by jmfcst.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1763 on: November 18, 2014, 10:19:44 PM »

I'm planning to watch John Huston's excellent and intensely personal film adaptation of The Dead at some point during the Christmas season, by the way.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1764 on: November 18, 2014, 10:23:03 PM »

I couldn't care less about any Christian's faith, as long as it's not contradictory or condemning of me.

But that last part ... I think the gap is that, often, you throw up your hands and don't do everything you (ie: a being created by God and given abilities by that God) to do things for yourself. You don't seem to ask the question, "What skills, abilities and environment did God give me to succeed and how can I use what he gave me to be better?"

That, if anything, would be my problem with your faith. You have so many abilities and so much latent potential. You just choose not to do anything with it.

Every morning, I do ask God how can I use my gifts and talents to further glorify His kingdom.  I don't always follow through with the results of that prayer, but sometimes I do.  I do try to do everything I can to advance the kingdom of God and be a vessel that He can use for His purposes.  He has created me for a purpose.  That purpose is to know Him and make Him known.  Underneath that he has given me a job to use my talents as a computer-aided drafter.  I go in every morning with the hope and expectation that I can accomplish what He wants me to accomplish that day.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1765 on: November 18, 2014, 10:24:48 PM »

Every morning, I do ask God how can I use my gifts and talents to further glorify His kingdom.  I don't always follow through with the results of that prayer, but sometimes I do.  I do try to do everything I can to advance the kingdom of God and be a vessel that He can use for His purposes.  He has created me for a purpose.  That purpose is to know Him and make Him known.  Underneath that he has given me a job to use my talents as a computer-aided drafter.  I go in every morning with the hope and expectation that I can accomplish what He wants me to accomplish that day.

You make God cry with how you live your life, twist his words, and take advantage of others.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #1766 on: November 18, 2014, 10:33:14 PM »

He can do whatever He wants and no one can deny that. 

No no no no no no no. He cannot go against His law. He put himself under the law He created.

Think of when the pharaoh was oppressing the Israelites. What did God do? He, through Moses, went to the pharaoh (submitting to the anointed powers of the world as God commands us) and said let my people go. Of course the pharaoh told him to get lost and God sent the plagues to make the pharaoh change his mind.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1767 on: November 18, 2014, 11:06:22 PM »

I actually think Bushie might be a reincarnation of the Buddha having a laugh to see what it's like as a Southern Baptist. He certainly has all the characteristics. Passive. Fat. Optimistic. He's not directly expressing any Buddha-like wisdom but perhaps that is part of the lesson, part of the joke.  Certainly his story is a parable for our times.

Despite a common portrayal, it's very unlikely the actual Buddha was fat at all, and the lifestyle he lived and advocated is about as far from Bushie's as is humanly possible. It's pretty obvious that if Buddha was alive today he wouldn't be constantly shoving garbage into his stomach while slouched on the couch watching football games for hours a day.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1768 on: November 18, 2014, 11:22:16 PM »

I do try to do everything I can to advance the kingdom of God and be a vessel that He can use for His purposes.
Really? Because you've been telling us that you spend most of your days napping, watching tv, and eating fast food.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1769 on: November 18, 2014, 11:31:03 PM »

I know that you believe, through your prayer, you talk to God. So, does he every ask:

"Why do you abuse the body which I provided you?"
"Why do you squander your time and not hone your talents which I've allowed you to gain?"
"Why do you reject the advice provided by those I've brought into your life?"

Just curious as to why the things you know would be good for you to do don't seem to get yours or God's attention.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1770 on: November 18, 2014, 11:37:10 PM »

Very good point, J-Mann. Bushie, how do you know this thread and the advice/"ridicule" you receive are not part of God's plan for you and a message he is giving to you? Why else would so many people from around the country/world be so compelled to follow your fairly mundane updates about your life if we weren't drawn for some mystical reason?

Perhaps this thread's inability to go away is because you have not yet answered God's calling with regards to Update?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1771 on: November 18, 2014, 11:45:25 PM »

Bushie, how do you know this thread and the advice/"ridicule" you receive are not part of God's plan for you and a message he is giving to you?

Because our advice is not bathed in prayer.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1772 on: November 18, 2014, 11:47:42 PM »

Are the handsome boys bathed in prayer before or after they are loved on?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1773 on: November 18, 2014, 11:47:50 PM »

Actually King, perhaps I spoke too broadly.  Most of us are not bathed in prayer, but you are:

I wash my face with Jesus every morning.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1774 on: November 18, 2014, 11:48:25 PM »

Actually King, perhaps I spoke too broadly.  Most of us are not bathed in prayer, but you are:

I wash my face with Jesus every morning.

Of course. Jesus is the King of Kings after all.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies