Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:34:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 150897 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: November 19, 2014, 06:11:18 PM »

Yes napping once a week is false. Even if he went to work all 5 days in a week (which never happens), Saturday and Sunday are two nap days.

Isn't Saturday for NCAA football and Sunday for NFL football? 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1826 on: November 19, 2014, 06:49:49 PM »

My vote goes to this.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1827 on: November 19, 2014, 06:52:46 PM »

his excessive sleeping is a sign of depression.

I think it has been established that he is depressed. The anger and  crying episodes along with the excessive sleeping means it is pretty obvious. I think he also said at one point he was.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1828 on: November 19, 2014, 07:14:19 PM »

Sounds like someone just needs a good dose of focusing on Christmas!

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1829 on: November 19, 2014, 07:29:36 PM »

his excessive sleeping is a sign of depression.

I think it has been established that he is depressed. The anger and  crying episodes along with the excessive sleeping means it is pretty obvious. I think he also said at one point he was.
Can you blame him? If you lived with your 134 year old grandmother in Oklahoma, weighed 350 lbs, and couldn't keep a job, even a low paying one, to save your life, you'd probably be depressed and seek out childish pleasures also.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1830 on: November 19, 2014, 07:33:31 PM »

bushie can you confirm that your very elderly grandmother was busy cooking your supper while you napped?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1831 on: November 19, 2014, 08:27:44 PM »

bushie can you confirm that your very elderly grandmother was busy cooking your supper while you napped?

We didn't have supper together this evening.  She went to church and I was going to go to church, but I needed a new office chair in my room at Grandma's because the one that was in here was wreaking havoc on my back and was not ergonomically friendly in any way, shape, or form.  I voiced this to Mom and this evening Dad and I went to Office Depot to get a new chair and we decided to have supper next door at McAllister's Deli.  I had a four cheese grille sandwich.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1832 on: November 19, 2014, 08:30:20 PM »

We didn't have supper together this evening.  She went to church and I was going to go to church, but I needed a new office chair in my room at Grandma's because the one that was in here was wreaking havoc on my back and was not ergonomically friendly in any way, shape, or form.  I voiced this to Mom and this evening Dad and I went to Office Depot to get a new chair and we decided to have supper next door at McAllister's Deli.  I had a four cheese grille sandwich.

I assume your parents forked out for this egonomic chair? Was is the most expensive, therefore, best in the store?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1833 on: November 19, 2014, 08:34:09 PM »

I assume your parents forked out for this egonomic chair? Was is the most expensive, therefore, best in the store?

Yes, they bought it.  It was actually the cheapest in the store, by a sizeable margin.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1834 on: November 19, 2014, 08:37:49 PM »

Once again it's looking like it's more expensive to keep Bushie employed than not.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1835 on: November 19, 2014, 08:40:38 PM »

Once again it's looking like it's more expensive to keep Bushie employed than not.

Would you rather my back completely go out on me in a chair that doesn't fit me?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1836 on: November 19, 2014, 08:43:10 PM »

Congrats, your sandwich alone was 800 calories. RIP diet

Well, a power outage really would put the brakes on things. We lost our internet a few weeks ago, and I was pretty helpless. But Gramps is right, Jeff -- you seem to have a celebratory attitude about such things: snow days, power outages, etc. Those are bad things, you realize, because they're a total loss in productivity at a job AND hurting you financially, right?

Oh, and the Christmas thing ... not "wrong," but incredibly socially strange. You are an extreme outlier, sort of like if a 40-year-old only dated 16-year-olds because it was technically legal in his state. AND he makes a big deal about it. Not wrong. Just plain weird.

What are you doing to live your fullest for Jesus today and further his kingdom?

Perhaps the celebratory attitude was a bit excessive.  I should not have put the two exclamation points on there.  Whoops.  I spent the day about like I did last Wednesday when I was off for the headache - napping.  I decided to wake up because 1) I want to sleep tonight and 2) I am going to church in a few hours for dinner and the final Wednesday night service before Thanksgiving and the Advent Season.  Next week we are having our midweek service on Tuesday, a special Thanksgiving service, so families can have Wednesday night with family or preparing for the feast on Thursday or what not.  We are having our all church Thanksgiving Dinner this Sunday at 1700.  Last year's dinner was canceled due to wintry weather.  This time looks either dry or maybe just rain.

Holy crap, you nap way too much, Jeffie. What is wrong with you? Last night I went to bed at 11, woke up at 4:30am for an hour long high intesnity workout with my trainer at 5am, got home, went to work for 7:15, worked till 5:30, worked out at the gym in my office till 6:30, and went home and ate dinner.... now I'm on here. I do this several days a week, and don't nap.

Why do you need to keep napping? It's your horrible diet, and your lack of exercise. Keep it up, before you know it you'll be napping yourself into a grave.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1837 on: November 19, 2014, 08:44:17 PM »

Sounds like someone just needs a good dose of focusing on Christmas!

Oh wow! I guess we had to see this at some point.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1838 on: November 19, 2014, 08:45:06 PM »

You know what, guys, I am not going to spend another night being yelled at for every little, insignificant thing.  I'm too good for that.  Have a nice night.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1839 on: November 19, 2014, 08:48:54 PM »

Would you rather my back completely go out on me in a chair that doesn't fit me?

I'd rather have your spine transplanted into a paraplegic that would actually use it.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1840 on: November 19, 2014, 08:57:43 PM »

You know what, guys, I am not going to spend another night being yelled at for every little, insignificant thing.  I'm too good for that.  Have a nice night.

Typical.. You get called out, know that we are right, and just leave. Go ahead, go back to sleep. It's really quite sad and pathetic. Maybe, just maybe one of these days you will get your life on track and understand what it's like to really live life.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1841 on: November 19, 2014, 09:11:01 PM »

This is the cheapest chair in the "ergonomic office chairs" category at Office Depot that is sold in stores. $169.99

How many hours would Jeff have to work to pay for this?

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1842 on: November 19, 2014, 09:27:49 PM »

Typical.. You get called out, know that we are right, and just leave. Go ahead, go back to sleep. It's really quite sad and pathetic. Maybe, just maybe one of these days you will get your life on track and understand what it's like to really live life.

You are not at all right.  I do not nap all the time.  Besides, 2 hour naps are acceptable and normal on weekends.  I said this last night but no one ever believes me for some stupid reason.  My life is going very well right now, I am living my life enjoyably right now.  I have a darn good job and I have a great God and great friends.  I am not letting life pass me by.  For you or any one else to claim otherwise is absolutely asinine.  Yes, I'm a big boy, but that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying life.  I'm not overly worried about it and nor should I be.  I don't lose sleep over it (obviously).

Oh, and Indy, this chair was on sale for $79.99.  All the other chairs were $117.99 and north.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1843 on: November 19, 2014, 09:41:10 PM »

I'd rather you took care of your health and lost enough weight so you stand normal, human-style activities like sitting without hurting yourself. Alas, that won't happen, will it?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1844 on: November 19, 2014, 09:49:06 PM »

I'd rather you took care of your health and lost enough weight so you stand normal, human-style activities like sitting without hurting yourself. Alas, that won't happen, will it?

That takes time and needs to happen.  I needed relief IMMEDIATELY.  I can't lose 100 pounds overnight.  I'm going bowling Saturday night and I don't need a painful back while I bowl.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1845 on: November 19, 2014, 09:49:46 PM »

No, you're not. If anything, you needed more yelling and belittlement as a child to prevent you from turning into what you are.

You know what, guys, I am not going to spend another night being yelled at for every little, insignificant thing.  I'm too good for that.  Have a nice night.

You are not at all right.  I do not nap all the time.  Besides, 2 hour naps are acceptable and normal on weekends.  I said this last night but no one ever believes me for some stupid reason.  My life is going very well right now, I am living my life enjoyably right now.  I have a darn good job and I have a great God and great friends.  I am not letting life pass me by.  For you or any one else to claim otherwise is absolutely asinine.  Yes, I'm a big boy, but that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying life.  I'm not overly worried about it and nor should I be.  I don't lose sleep over it (obviously).

Oh, and Indy, this chair was on sale for $79.99.  All the other chairs were $117.99 and north.

Yes, you do, and no, it's not normal to take 2-hour naps when you sleep 8-9 hours every damn night. It's normal to take a nap on the weekends if you have a full-time job, kids to raise and sleep only a few hours every night throughout the week. In addition, just because you insist something is normal doesn't mean it is true or normal, LOL. When are you going to get it? So revealing of your true self, and likely why you get so pissy on here compared to real life where everyone must believe all the lies you tell: "I already told you my lies and made-up facts - now you're supposed to believe it!".
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1846 on: November 19, 2014, 09:54:08 PM »

My life is going very well right now, I am living my life enjoyably right now.  I have a darn good job and I have a great God and great friends.  I am not letting life pass me by.  For you or any one else to claim otherwise is absolutely asinine.  Yes, I'm a big boy, but that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying life.  I'm not overly worried about it and nor should I be.  I don't lose sleep over it (obviously).

Jeff, you're no doubt tolerating existence (I hesitate to call it a life, aside from what seems like a warm family life), but enjoying? How are you OK with these things:

- Your "great job" is a temp / contract position where you've missed 25 percent at least in less than three weeks. Granted, some of that wasn't your fault ... but some was. That means less money out of an already low-paying job (there's nothing wrong with the position itself ... it's just not allowing you to even get close to self-sufficiency based on the setup and the way you're treating it.)

- You are totally reliant on your family to care for you. If you are indeed mentally sound, as you claim, you should be ashamed and be working your ass off to get out from that situation (instead of napping, watching sports, etc.).

- You are in awful health. You're not a "big boy" and OK (that, by the way, is what obese children say to themselves because an idiot doting mother has said it to them) ... you're an obese adult who sees the truth staring him in the face and turns to another greasy cheeseburger to drown out the thought of doing anything to help yourself.

- Again, health. It's so bad that it impacts every single thing you do. Too tired to do much at any time (your weight is impacting your energy level and you very likely have sleep apnea because of your fat chest weighing on your lungs). You can't even sit without threat of injury.

- One more time -- health. You're not worried about it? Look in the mirror. Try to do 10 jumping jacks. Sit without hurting yourself. Try to spot your dick without looking in a mirror. Sleepy yet? Probably ... and it ought to worry the hell out of you.

I've come back to this so many times and you simply ignore it, but I don't understand how someone who can claim to "do everything I can to further God's kingdom" can justify the type of lifestyle you have.

You really think your God is OK with you being a sloth? When I ask you "what have you done to further God's kingdom today," I don't mean attending a church dinner or some cursory scan of a Bible. I mean what have you done to improve yourself so you can help others?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1847 on: November 19, 2014, 09:56:16 PM »

That takes time and needs to happen.  I needed relief IMMEDIATELY.  I can't lose 100 pounds overnight.  I'm going bowling Saturday night and I don't need a painful back while I bowl.

Had you shown an iota of dedication and follow-through five years ago when you started all the weight loss talk, do you think you'd be in this position?

You need to change your sedentary and lazy lifestyle IMMEDIATELY. No excuses.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1848 on: November 19, 2014, 10:11:11 PM »

Any more title ideas?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1849 on: November 19, 2014, 10:13:01 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2014, 10:14:49 PM by Christmas Bushie 2014 »

My life is going very well right now, I am living my life enjoyably right now.  I have a darn good job and I have a great God and great friends.  I am not letting life pass me by.  For you or any one else to claim otherwise is absolutely asinine.  Yes, I'm a big boy, but that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying life.  I'm not overly worried about it and nor should I be.  I don't lose sleep over it (obviously).

Jeff, you're no doubt tolerating existence (I hesitate to call it a life, aside from what seems like a warm family life), but enjoying? How are you OK with these things:

- Your "great job" is a temp / contract position where you've missed 25 percent at least in less than three weeks. Granted, some of that wasn't your fault ... but some was. That means less money out of an already low-paying job (there's nothing wrong with the position itself ... it's just not allowing you to even get close to self-sufficiency based on the setup and the way you're treating it.)

- You are totally reliant on your family to care for you. If you are indeed mentally sound, as you claim, you should be ashamed and be working your ass off to get out from that situation (instead of napping, watching sports, etc.).

- You are in awful health. You're not a "big boy" and OK (that, by the way, is what obese children say to themselves because an idiot doting mother has said it to them) ... you're an obese adult who sees the truth staring him in the face and turns to another greasy cheeseburger to drown out the thought of doing anything to help yourself.

- Again, health. It's so bad that it impacts every single thing you do. Too tired to do much at any time (your weight is impacting your energy level and you very likely have sleep apnea because of your fat chest weighing on your lungs). You can't even sit without threat of injury.

- One more time -- health. You're not worried about it? Look in the mirror. Try to do 10 jumping jacks. Sit without hurting yourself. Try to spot your dick without looking in a mirror. Sleepy yet? Probably ... and it ought to worry the hell out of you.

I've come back to this so many times and you simply ignore it, but I don't understand how someone who can claim to "do everything I can to further God's kingdom" can justify the type of lifestyle you have.

You really think your God is OK with you being a sloth? When I ask you "what have you done to further God's kingdom today," I don't mean attending a church dinner or some cursory scan of a Bible. I mean what have you done to improve yourself so you can help others?

Things don't have to be perfect for me to enjoy life.  Sure, there are many things I would like to and need to change, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying life.  My job pays pretty good.  It pays $15.00 an hour which for a bachelor in Oklahoma is pretty good.  It is going to get me a lot closer to self-sustenance, because 1) it's more money than I've made in a long time, 2) It has the potential to be a longer term job than what I initially thought.  You have to count today as a full day because I went to work and was sent home due to an uncontrollable circumstance.  Had that circumstance not happened, I would have stayed all day.  With today counting as a full day, I have only missed two full days plus 90 minutes in the 13 days.  That's much more than 75% attendance.  So, I reject your notion that life is not enjoyable for me right now.  I never said things were perfect and you cannot equate the two.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies