Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:13:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 152167 times)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« on: October 19, 2014, 10:54:19 AM »

BUSHIE please tell us you have your own hotel room? 

Yes, this worries me. Especially coupled with the fact that we haven't heard anything from him on this yet.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 01:26:50 PM »

I have nothing against those working for lower wages, but I am not going to apply for anything paying less.  Everyone here thinks I can only work minimum wage jobs and be stuck there my entire life, but I do deserve to be paid more.  Heck, I'm worth $20 an hour, but I know I won't get it.  $11-$12 is as low as I can go.

Jeff, this is when you have to realize that a vote for Republican politicians like James Lankford is a vote against your own quality of life. Increase the wage to $15, you might easily make $20/hr.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 06:12:04 PM »

You've gained a lot of weight from doing no physical exercise since 1999. You'd do about the same or worse.

Hating yourself during off hours is a recipe for quitting/getting fired aka unemployable. If you are going to hate yourself off hours, you aren't fit to do the job.

It's not a stumbling block on its own, but combined with your other problems, it makes it difficult to find something for you to do. If you were fit but had Tourettes and ADHD, there are things you could do. If you had Tourettes and obesity but not ADHD, there are things you could do. All things combined? There's not one task that wouldn't be physically painful or mentally/emotionally straining on you.

You like the idea of working, but you can't actually work. You've proven that time and time again.

So, you're God now?  I didn't know that...

King, you better get some ointment for that sick burn.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 08:41:14 AM »

we have company coming through for the first half of November, so I won't be able to use the computer with the AutoCAD until they all leave on November 15.

RIP Granny.  Now I see why Our Dear Friend doesn't feel he's overwhelming Granny.  His whole family takes advantage of her so it's just normal everyday living.  Ugh.

Yeah poor granny, and I mean that seriously. Whenever my family gets together we never have it at my 84 year old grandmother's house. Instead we have it at my aunt and uncle's where generally me and my uncle will do all the grilling, while Nana sits and relaxes. And seriously, what kind of assholes feel entitled to come through for the entire first half of November to impose on granny? I've honestly never even heard of the way Bushie's family does things, with the exception of some of the radical evangelical beliefs, only me and a couple of my uncles dare question that.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 09:48:36 AM »

I didn't put gobs of meat on. I just put enough to cover the bun, but not spill over.

"Gobs of meat" "cover the bun" amazing.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 09:57:25 AM »

Yeah, I bought a pair of black boots from Kohl's last year, they had a zipper on the side, and one day when I zipped them up the zipper just popped off. I thought it was just me being a dumbass, but sure enough I returned them for another pair and the same thing happened, even as I was being extra gentle the second time. Kohl's is fine for buying a couple of flannel shirts or whatever, but unless it's Nike or another similarly trusted brand I would not buy shoes there.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 04:46:51 AM »

Hahahahaha. Bushie is love. Bushie is life.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 09:40:22 AM »

The thing about chain restaurants that I think you are all forgetting is that portion sizes there are usually enormous. I suspect that is the real reason the Brown family frequents them exclusively.

That certainly plays into it.

How much does the Clan Bushie tip, I wonder?  In my experience, as a pizza guy in high school and valet in college, the biggest Christians tip horribly.

Papa Bushie can't tip in excess, hockey. How on earth would he be able to invest in his train room if all his non-Bushie/mama money was going to the pizza guy, and the chili's waitress?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 11:07:10 AM »

The thing about chain restaurants that I think you are all forgetting is that portion sizes there are usually enormous. I suspect that is the real reason the Brown family frequents them exclusively.

That certainly plays into it.

How much does the Clan Bushie tip, I wonder?  In my experience, as a pizza guy in high school and valet in college, the biggest Christians tip horribly.

Papa Bushie can't tip in excess, hockey. How on earth would he be able to invest in his train room if all his non-Bushie/mama money was going to the pizza guy, and the chili's waitress?

If you can't afford to tip well, you don't go out to eat.  That simple.  It infuriates me how many people go out to eat and then say "Oh I'm sorry, we don't have to money to tip much more than a couple bucks".  It's the most BS thing you can imagine and indicative of a spoiled, indulgent culture that also displays all the worst elements of greed and selfishness. 

Yes, improper tipping happens to be a huge pet peeve of mine. 

Bushie, tell mom and dad that you should be upping that tip to 20%.  It's not Northeastern arrogance or new-timey ignorance, but simply a pure moral argument.  Imagine trying to support a family or household or yourself on the bare-ass minimum of what's socially acceptable to tip?  Would Jesus condone that [Inks]?

I wholeheartedly agree. I myself tip at least 20-25% and if my bill wasn't much I'll almost always go over 50%. My point was, is that papa has had to fund his adult son and wife for years, and we know he's not a skilled cook. Thus meaning he's strapped for cash and often eats at chain restaurants. When you're strapped for cash you aren't going to tip well. Even if we all agree he shouldn't eat out if he can't tip, it isn't going to happen.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 03:12:06 AM »

It's beautiful, Joe. Absolutely glorious. Just the kind of game Our Lord and Savior would want us playing during our times when we're fellowshippin hardcore at Men's game night.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 10:12:52 AM »

Bushie, have you helped Grandma with any dinners yet as you promised?

How would he have the time? He's busy preping to install his CAD(D) software.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2014, 09:24:58 AM »

Bushie's sister in law likes all 4 posts from me on his fb.  Smart lady.

I wish her husband would be as hard on his brother as she is.  Bushie might respond to a bit of military discipline.  

I've long believed that what Bushie needs the most in life is someone to pull down his pants, put him over their knee, and give his butt a good, hard whupping.

Yeah Lief, except that Bushie seems to have given up on the dream of finding a good woman.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2014, 01:00:18 AM »

Update Season XIX: Enhance The Flavor
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 10:22:17 AM »

He is a postal worker and has 10 years seniority.  The union allows him to take a year sabbatical, come back work for a few days, then take one more year off and still come back to work. 

and we wonder why the post office is bankrupt...

Anyone still wondering why Our Dear Friend is politically registered the way he is?

I mean he's from Middlesex County.  They're mostly social liberals who aren't too fond of poors.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 11:32:33 AM »

He is a postal worker and has 10 years seniority.  The union allows him to take a year sabbatical, come back work for a few days, then take one more year off and still come back to work.

and we wonder why the post office is bankrupt...

Anyone still wondering why Our Dear Friend is politically registered the way he is?

I mean he's from Middlesex County.  They're mostly social liberals who aren't too fond of poors.

I was talking about Our Dear Friend, not Walter.

He's probably hoping for a union gig, so that he too can take a 2 year missions leave at some point. Merely not believing that unions and welfare are a work of Satan makes you a radical leftist in Oklahoma.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 07:32:22 PM »

one thing is certain:  granny doesnt have the option of taking a day off  from waiting on bushie hand and foot.

I wonder what meal she fixed him tonight!

Most likely a lovely enchilada casserole, which he unfortunately won't be able to eat because of a Braum's trip to reward himself for his half day of work.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 10:04:58 AM »

what behavior do you consider unacceptable Bushie? Genuinely curious. Other than drugs and murder, of course.

Is Bushie still accepting of the gays, or he is back to believing it's an abomination?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 10:13:46 AM »

what behavior do you consider unacceptable Bushie? Genuinely curious. Other than drugs and murder, of course.

Is Bushie still accepting of the gays, or he is back to believing it's an abomination?

I believe Our Dear Friend has backtracked from his liberalization on the "gay issue".  Sunday-workers, liars, and idol-worshippers still get a pass, though.  

And especially those who like to mix dairy with beef, like for instance, a triple bacon cheeseburger from Braum's. They get a speed pass to heaven.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 10:53:21 AM »

It appears Our Dear Friend is offline now. Over/Under: 3 hour nap.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies