Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:14:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 151970 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: October 20, 2014, 04:04:43 PM »

If Bushie was worth $20/hour then he would have no problem not being fired from jobs that pay just over half of that.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 09:47:30 PM »

One thing about this company is that it's such a big operation (they mention CAD workstations) that you better cross your Ts and dot your Is on your work. It's likely going to be a mill operation where bad employees are purged fast. I imagine they are going to do metrics on you rather than have eye test personal supervision of your work. If your output is subpar, you'll be brought into the office for a talk pretty quick.

Especially if they're doing the hiring like this because of needed quick help. It sounds like they're hiring anyone with a CAD certificate and some experience. But once they get enough folks if they don't need that many any more, the standards will increase, and if Bushie continues to phone it in like he tends to do, he will be gone.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 04:10:19 PM »

I have zero actual knowledge of the CADD industry, but from the way Bushie describes things, it seems standard to hire just about anybody temporarily on a 3 month trial. It doesn't sound like a usual job hire, where they make damn sure you're the right person before they offer you the job. I can see the advantages of doing things this way. It's not so crazy. And it's nice that it offers more people a chance to get a foot in the door than might be the case otherwise. Problem is, the Bushie family have a 1957 perspective on it, where "you're hired" means something very different than what is really the case. Bushie, they've allowed you an audition. Nothing more. Don't screw it up.

That's not uncommon today. Call centers tend to do it too which is why Bushie keeps getting hired at them despite how obviously wrong for it he is.

I'll give Bushie an undeserved benefit of the doubt but I wouldn't be willing to bet a dime on him still being employed here at the end of the year.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 04:42:29 PM »

How much is Bushie's cable package? I don't have one now but in college mine was about $30/month. $175 in discounts means it's over $175, geez.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 09:18:30 PM »

We all know there's no reason you have to return to Tulsa. Quit the excuses.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 12:07:35 PM »

Gustaf vs. Bushie,  tough to say who's worse.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 11:58:07 PM »

Bushie's "interpretation" of sola gratia theology is quite warped and a flagrant abuse of it, though granted not an uncommon one, but one you would never hear straight up defended by even the most conservative evangelical theologian. Besides think of the double standards that would open, think about LGBT Christians for starters. Even if homosexuality is a sin, if Bushie's interpretation of sola gratia is correct they'd be fine and are going to Heaven anyway, but that's obviously not what most people who adhere to it to believe. But most such people probably wouldn't see Bushie as much better off than LGBT people if they know the whole story.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 12:01:04 AM »

What does it any of it matter anyway?  The world is going to end before he turns 40, when he gets handed a brand new perfect body and anything he could ever want.  (Undeniable fact.)  He certainly deserves such a fantastic reward!

I remember on an episode of Real Time With Bill Maher he was busting out some PPP poll numbers he actually commissioned for the show, and found that an absurdly high number of Americans thought the Rapture would be in their lifetime.  I always thought it was so kooky because I had met not one person who says that.  Low and behold, we have one right here in our Forum.  Worse is that it's such an unbelievably selfish and, yes, prideful thing to say, because it has everything to do with that fact that you feel you are so, so special that the end of days will literally be happening for you.  

The worst thing about it is that trying to predict the Armageddon is in complete contradiction with the Bible.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 08:43:19 AM »

The Rapture is also pretty weakly Biblically based and wasn't believed by anyone until the 17th century.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 09:02:39 AM »

Even jmfcst's understanding of Armageddon wasn't that crazy, he didn't believe that Israel would fight a war against the entire world for basically no reason for example.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 09:46:06 PM »

The weirdest thing about that endtime site is all the stuff they have claiming global warming is a hoax. But why would people obsessed with believing the world is about to end think global warming isn't real? If anything they should cite that as more evidence. It's kind of weird to be saying "Yeah look at all these vague signs...the end is coming! Oh except global warming, that's a complete hoax and has nothing to do with the end of the world."

And unlike evolution, it's not like global warming even contradicts a truly literal reading of the Bible either. There's no reason for fundies to doubt or dispute it, unless they want to basically disbelieve all science on principle or something...which also isn't exactly Biblical either.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 08:15:23 PM »

Man this makes it all the more hilarious in hindsight that Bushie wanted to pursue A+ Certification.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 01:32:42 PM »

Luckily not true in Minnesota. Though it's not like $7.75/hour is great either.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 04:39:11 PM »

Luckily not true in Minnesota. Though it's not like $7.75/hour is great either.

Freedom state.  I would still tip 20%.

My brother went to school in Grand Forks, ND. He talked about how getting a job at a restaurant or bar in East Grand Forks, which is in Minnesota was considered a great deal because of that and far better than in Grand Forks. Unfortunately East Grand Forks is a small town with nowhere near as many establishments.

Also Tom Emmer in 2010 openly campaigned for dropping tipped employees to a lower minimum wage...prick.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 10:27:56 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2014, 10:36:31 PM by black and white band photos »

Maybe he saves it for tomorrow. So 5 sandwiches every two days.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 09:18:46 AM »

So having glazed over the walking debate the and classic Bushie excuses, I have to ask: Why can't you just go walking after work at the mall? No need to drive all the way back to your grandmother's and then to the mall (which apparently is the only place you can go walking at.)

Here's a tip I read once for people trying to lose weight or walk more: Try always parking in the furthest possible area of the parking lot away from the work entrance even if closer spots are available. The extra walking does eventually add up. Of course I know there's no way Bushie would ever consider doing that even like one day a week.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 12:26:02 PM »

The other issue here is pay. Bushie is obviously not PTO eligible yet so every day he misses, excused or not is basically docked pay. Even if the job gives opportunities to make up the lost hours we all know if Bushie will actually do so...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 11:19:12 AM »

I don't see how any can claim Mary's exact age based on the Bible.

Now based on the standards of the time and that she was a virgin we can conclude that she was young but 14 is kind of specific. A statistical guess based on laws of averages and all that would put her at probably considered a minor in today's society but still above age of consent in most places (16-17)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 11:24:41 AM »

Good morning, guys.  I'm about to leave for work at 0700.  It's not so much that my brother finally got to me, but he's reinforcing what many have said.

You may call God a pervert, but remember He created the people who created the laws.  He can do whatever He wants and no one can deny that.  History shows that Mary was probably a 14 year old girl.  If that happened by anybody else it would be a crime, but everyone agrees that God is above all worldly laws.

Uh... I don't.

He of course means everyone within his ridiculously purified social circle (or perhaps just all of Oklahoma). I have no idea what his Facebook is like, but I imagine it and his entire community is just filled with people who interject "AMEN!" and "HALLELUJAH" and "PRAISE HIM, GLORY" and every other variation you can think of into everything, no matter how (in)appropriate or irrelevant in context, including things where they just try to make selfishness, greed or other sinful behavior seem holy by adding a shoutout to God on the end of it.  I actually saw this come across my FB feed just a few minutes ago at the same time I was reading this, and thought to myself, "this would definitely be one of Bushie's "spiritual" counterparts if they lived in the same neighborhood (well, if she wasn't black; it is Oklahoma, after all):

That's basically from what I gathered what his Facebook feed is like. The exception being his sister-in-law who is the only person willing to call him out on the crap that to us is blatantly obvious and we do all the time.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 02:55:21 PM »

What about religion isn't misogynistic? The whole ball of wax is about a small number of men (specifically) controlling a population.

In my church women are total equals in all things including being pastors and leadership. And I would never join a church where this was not the case.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 11:06:22 PM »

I actually think Bushie might be a reincarnation of the Buddha having a laugh to see what it's like as a Southern Baptist. He certainly has all the characteristics. Passive. Fat. Optimistic. He's not directly expressing any Buddha-like wisdom but perhaps that is part of the lesson, part of the joke.  Certainly his story is a parable for our times.

Despite a common portrayal, it's very unlikely the actual Buddha was fat at all, and the lifestyle he lived and advocated is about as far from Bushie's as is humanly possible. It's pretty obvious that if Buddha was alive today he wouldn't be constantly shoving garbage into his stomach while slouched on the couch watching football games for hours a day.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 02:52:24 PM »

Bushie: if your work offers to let you make any hours up will you do it? And how much of your new off time are you spending practicing AutoCAD?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies