Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:06:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 151984 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: October 20, 2014, 02:17:35 PM »

I don't understand the logic here. Bushie NEEDS $11/hour to ease the burden on his parents, yet he refuses to make any money whatsoever in the meantime. I bet $250/week would help ease their burden if he took a temporary job while looking for full-time employment.

Of course, he doesn't think that way and would never agree with me.

I also still can't get over what a prideful man he is. His snobbery rivals even the worst people I know and he has no reason to be whatsoever. This is a guy that hasn't held a steady job in 5 years. What makes him think he's better than other people?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 04:29:27 PM »

I don't understand the logic here. Bushie NEEDS $11/hour to ease the burden on his parents, yet he refuses to make any money whatsoever in the meantime. I bet $250/week would help ease their burden if he took a temporary job while looking for full-time employment.

Of course, he doesn't think that way and would never agree with me.

I also still can't get over what a prideful man he is. His snobbery rivals even the worst people I know and he has no reason to be whatsoever. This is a guy that hasn't held a steady job in 5 years. What makes him think he's better than other people?

At no time have I ever said or implied that I'm better than other people.  I'm just relaying my own needs.  The $11.00 an hour is something my parents and I have discussed together.  Personally, I wouldn't mind going for a $9 or $10, but they want me to get $11 an hour or more even if it means waiting a little longer.  Since I am in their checkbook, I am inclined and kind of obligated to agree with them.  In no way do I think I am better than minimum wage workers.  I understand their desire to make more money, I just can't be in their shoes and not live paycheck to paycheck.

So your parents prefer you make $0 an hour than make something under $11 for the time being? Do you realize how silly that sounds? I can't believe they actually said something like that.

And you're 32, if you want to work and make some money on your own, do it. It's ridiculous you keep saying things like "we" when discussing your life. It's your life. You're a grown man.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 07:05:32 PM »

Let me just say, I don't have all the answers, either, and I do value your advice, but I value constructive advice, not posts that attack my abilities.

See, you don't understand what constructive advice is. All of the advice here has been constructive. What you are looking for is for us to blindly cheer you on as you walk towards another dead end like your family/friends do when we know how it will end. You have strengths and you have weaknesses. We all do. "Thinking" about things harder or focusing harder on things doesn't always lead to success.

I don't think any Updaters want to see you fail, but you are by far your biggest enemy. Sometimes I wonder if you even read what you are saying.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 07:20:03 PM »

Let me just say, I don't have all the answers, either, and I do value your advice, but I value constructive advice, not posts that attack my abilities.

See, you don't understand what constructive advice is. All of the advice here has been constructive. What you are looking for is for us to blindly cheer you on as you walk towards another dead end like your family/friends do when we know how it will end. You have strengths and you have weaknesses. We all do. "Thinking" about things harder or focusing harder on things doesn't always lead to success.

I don't think any Updaters want to see you fail, but you are by far your biggest enemy. Sometimes I wonder if you even read what you are saying.

I know my abilities and I am an excellent judge of my own abilities.  The forum as a whole (not all, but most) says I have no meaningful abilities, thinks I am mentally ill, thinks i am worthless to society, etc.  Or, at least that's what I get from it.

First, you are not an excellent judge of your own abilities. Multiple times we have seen you exclaim that you are doing just excellent only to hear you were fired literally days later for poor performance. Unfortunately, you are very poor at judging your abilities, your skills and your job performances. Evidence confirms this regardless of what you say.

Second, no one has said you are mentally ill. We have said you have some mental issues, but again, we all do, and many of us have been to psychologists in the past to deal with those issues, myself included, I am not ashamed to say.

Third, no one is saying you are worthless to society, but you do have weaknesses that leave you unable to do certain kinds of work. The problem is, you refuse to do certain kinds of work you can do that could lessen the pressure on your parents checkbook, viewing that work as beneath your holy self, all the while holding out for a specific job that may never come. You have basically said you prefer to make $0/hour over making any money because that somehow helps your parents out financially.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 01:39:03 PM »

Is this a CADD job?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 08:50:29 PM »

Has anyone reviewed this job yet? It sounds a bit...strange...that a large defense firm hired Bushie that quickly. His first job sort of made sense, small mom and pop operation, but this sounds strange.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 09:06:00 PM »

What did you eat at McDonalds as a celebratory meal??
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 01:48:09 PM »

Because of the job, I am back down at my parents for the night as I came back to talk strategy.

Oh I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that talk.

Me too! I love how the Bushie family always meet to talk strategy face to face. God forbid they speak on the phone.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 04:05:27 PM »

I love Bushie. "I just paid off a bill!" when in reality his parents paid it off.

Are all your bills paid off now like credit cards, etc, or are those still a problem?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 12:26:11 AM »

His mom still takes him pants shopping? What did you wear to your previous job?

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 11:39:10 PM »

Where did Bushie learn to be so prideful?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 12:02:54 AM »

More importantly, where did he get the idea that he has the right, let alone justification to be prideful?

I assume it is something to do with his religious beliefs. He does, after all, think that as long as he accepts Jesus as his savior, he can do, say and act in any way he wants without any ramifications. Hence why he doesn't feel any guilt for his pride, his slothfulness, and his gluttony.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 11:09:39 AM »

More importantly, where did he get the idea that he has the right, let alone justification to be prideful?

Where did I justify my pridefulness?  The past few posts have been admitting I have a problem that I'm dealing with (pride).

Yes, but like with all your problems, you just "deal" with it and nothing actually changes. You haven't made one meaningful change in your life during this entire Update saga. You just talk about changes.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 03:25:39 PM »

Oh goodness. He's keeping an apartment there for his parents to pay for so he can go to church sometimes on the weekends? This is the problem. He is constantly signing leases in other cities before he really establishes himself at a job and then refuses to sublease it so his parents won't have to continue to pay rent. He's just sooooooo incredibly selfish it's amazing!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 04:18:53 PM »

I love how Bushie "checks on things" constantly. Like it's going to run away. Remember when he moved home from Utah to "check on his house" daily and never actually did it?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 04:37:08 PM »

I love how Bushie "checks on things" constantly. Like it's going to run away. Remember when he moved home from Utah to "check on his house" daily and never actually did it?

Wait wasn't there some bang fest in his house?

Yes, he claimed he came home so he could ride by his house every day and then he never followed up on it. The garage orgy was a great moment in Update history.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 08:54:53 PM »

I suggest you sublet your Tulsa apartment and use the money from that to find temporary accommodations in Oklahoma City. If the job lasts, then you'll be abandoning your apartment anyway. And if it doesn't, you won't have thrown away what is likely $800 a month on an apartment that sits empty with an extravagant cable package that won't be watched.

Also, keeping an apartment there so you can put 212 miles round trip on your car on weekends to have a church picnic and watch football alone is utterly ridiculous. As if you weren't throwing enough money away by sitting on an empty apartment 100 miles away, you decide to rack up miles on your car and gas by making a meaningless trip.

This is what a sane person would do, but we all know Bushie... his behavior is becoming even more erratic and confusing to me now.

Where do his parents come up with the money for all of this? He throws so much of it away, and I know they aren't that wealthy. I doubt they have a lot in savings.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 08:56:48 PM »

It's my money and if I want to be "financially wasteful", I should be allowed to.  I should not be subjected to hours of insults and character assassinations because of it.  I'm seeing clearly what kind of people some of these posters are, and frankly, it is disturbing.

Except it's not. You're still not self sufficient. You're burdening your grandmother. Will you be 100% self sufficient now and pay all the bills in your apartment in Tulsa? If so, then be my guest, don't sublease it and keep the cable, otherwise, it's not your money.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2014, 12:49:33 AM »

I think he's finally broken. For the first time, I think I'm finally done offering any advice to him. His lack of regard for his family and grandma is just really sad. Now I see why Allison left this selfish, prideful man.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2014, 05:31:14 PM »

I sure hope not, but it does worry me that since you can't take care of yourself, that your old granny will be step and fetching things for you while you nap and live with her.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2014, 11:12:45 PM »

I still can't imagine a religion where you're told you can do whatever you want as long as you accept Jesus as Lord. I know you say it isn't a license to sin, but that's exactly what you use it as and use God as a crutch whenever you commit a sin.

I've never been taught that it's ok to do whatever you want because hey, its not your fault, God is just not finished working on you yet! It seems like a perversion of Christianity that so many people buy into these days.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 11:20:00 AM »

This is reminding me of the Tiffanye fiasco! "We can talk today, then she said tomorrow, then she hinted maybe next week."
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 06:44:51 PM »

I think I'll read through that website once I have a few more bourbons. Can I register on their forum without any restrictions?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 06:52:58 PM »

Jesus christ he even falls for scam websites when it comes to his own theology.

Wait, is that site Bushie visits a scam like landoverbaptist.org? I remember laughing a ton at that website back in high school.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2014, 12:14:29 PM »

Things sure are going off the deep end this season. I didn't think people actually read sites like that, much less take them seriously. Then again, I guess that's how these groups make so much money.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies