Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:47:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 151965 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 18, 2014, 06:58:20 PM »

Bushie….do your parents get at all suspicious about you stopping every couple of hours on this trip to post on the forum?  What exactly do they think you're doing online?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 08:05:33 AM »

I'm confused about what Bushie gets out of this trip.  What do you actually *do* once you get to New Mexico?  "Go to the train store and walk around Old Town"?  That's it?  And the train store is something that's mainly of interest to Papa and not Bushie himself?  Other than that, it's just the opportunity to eat at some restaurants that you don't normally visit?

Bushie said "We had a very good day", but I'm unclear on what was so good about it?  Not trying to pick a fight here.  I'm just confused.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 06:42:30 PM »

RIP Kenya.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 11:49:42 PM »

So your parents prefer you make $0 an hour than make something under $11 for the time being? Do you realize how silly that sounds? I can't believe they actually said something like that.

And you're 32, if you want to work and make some money on your own, do it. It's ridiculous you keep saying things like "we" when discussing your life. It's your life. You're a grown man.

Par for the course for Bushie.  Remember, he moved back to OK and took the CADD class because his father told him to.  "If it was just up to me, I would have probably stayed in Utah….", etc., etc.

In any case, Bushie, if you don't get a job offer tomorrow, will you apply for one of the pizza delivery jobs that Memphis recommended?  You can always quit that if you subsequently get a CADD job.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 09:00:11 AM »

If you don't get a job offer tomorrow, will you apply for one of the pizza delivery jobs that Memphis recommended?  You can always quit that if you subsequently get a CADD job.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 06:59:30 PM »

If this job is in OKC, can you just break the lease in Tulsa and move out of there, presumably paying some sort of penalty?  How high would such a penalty be?  Cheaper than maintaining two separate apartments for all this time?  Or is breaking the lease legally impossible?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 09:06:35 PM »

Tweed, I will say this is a globally respected defense contractor.  If this plays out with either 3 or 6 months, it will really boost my resume.  I know what to do this time and I will practice every night for a while.

alright, sounds good man.  good luck.  what scares you about what Mondale might do?

Contact the employer on Facebook and try to badmouth Bushie.  Given Mondale's past behavior (re: contacting Maisha Orphanage and the like), this is not an unfounded concern.  Though Mondale may have lost interest by now.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 09:50:51 AM »

Bushie does not plan to thrive until the afterlife.

So he only has to wait 7-10 years.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 12:39:31 AM »

Where did Bushie learn to be so prideful?

More importantly, where did he get the idea that he has the right, let alone justification to be prideful?

I assume it is something to do with his religious beliefs. He does, after all, think that as long as he accepts Jesus as his savior, he can do, say and act in any way he wants without any ramifications. Hence why he doesn't feel any guilt for his pride, his slothfulness, and his gluttony.

Of course, he also thinks that the world will most likely end in 7-10 years, which I imagine tends to give one something of a carefree attitude.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 06:53:07 PM »

Terminating the lease might not be a bad idea. His credit rating is terrible anyway.

That would be even more silly.  As of right now, I plan on returning to Tulsa after this job ends, unless I am kept onto a new contract after this one expires.

Why are you returning to Tulsa?  You don't have any other obligations there, do you?  It's not like you have some deep roots there.  And OKC is a bigger metro area, no?  So if/when you have to job search again, you'd probably have more options in OKC.  If the penalty for breaking the lease isn't a killer, why not just do it, and use the money you're saving from rent there to get your own apartment in OKC and stay there?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 09:58:39 PM »

Have you inquired with your landlord as to what it would cost to break the lease and leave the old apartment behind?  I don't think you've given that sufficient consideration.  Yes, you might get some future job offer in Tulsa, but that's rather hypothetical.  Your job right now is not there, so I don't see why you wouldn't consider ditching it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 10:09:33 PM »

Have you inquired with your landlord as to what it would cost to break the lease and leave the old apartment behind?  I don't think you've given that sufficient consideration.  Yes, you might get some future job offer in Tulsa, but that's rather hypothetical.  Your job right now is not there, so I don't see why you wouldn't consider ditching it.

That's an idea that has been tossed around, but considering I still have through May 31 on my lease, I imagine it would be a very high price and potentially damning to my credit score.  It's already suffered enough, it doesn't need to be permanently ruined.

Do you actually know what the price is, or are you just making an assumption here?

Is this even something that affects your credit score?  You're not declaring bankruptcy or anything.  You're not even necessarily defaulting on anything if you just come to some agreement with your landlord.  Your landlord might even prefer that you pay some penalty and then they get someone else in there with a longer lease.  Why don't you just ask?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 06:16:49 PM »

Although, I do look at www.endtime.com and get a lot of guidance from them.

Please, please, please tell me that you're joking.

I love the clickbait style links on that page (e.g., "5 Places Where World War Three Could Break Out").
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 08:58:56 PM »

The site asks you to fund a Holocaust?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 11:00:55 PM »

I've sort of lost track of what's going on here.  Bushie's moving back to OKC and living with Grandma, OK.  But then, who is this company visiting, who's going to be there until mid-November?  Are they visiting Grandma, taking up the room that Bushie would otherwise be staying in, and causing Bushie to stay at his parents' place until the company leaves?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 09:34:00 AM »

I'm completely lost now. Where is bushie's computer? Where is he staying? Where does he sleep at his parents house now that his room has been turned into the train room?

^^^^

Bushie, are you staying with your grandma or with your parents now?….because I'm confused.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 11:30:01 AM »

Guys….talking about shoes won't help you get girls.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2014, 12:29:33 AM »

convenient that you get to go in with an extra hour of sleep from Sat to Sun

Of course he'll have to give back that hour in March.  Unless he manages to lose the job between now and then, but what are the odds of that happening?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2014, 11:07:13 PM »

I want to know what makes a chain establishment "proven."

Well, the "chefs" at chain restaurants cut-and-paste meals together, basically, so you know what you are going to get most of the time.  I just feel like its a case of Papa Bushie liking a certain thing at the Cracker Barrel (for example) so he feels no need to switch it up.  I would hardly call the Clan Bushie creative when it comes to food, but this behavior seems common across the plains. 

I want to know, though... if you are an Oklahomie and you ask a girl out on a date do you take her to Chili's or something?  I would never, ever, ever even think of taking a girl to a chain restaurant until we've dated for weeks and we were in a rush and oh wow whaddya know there's a Don Pablo's sure why not.

If you think back to the early seasons of Update, I took Susan to IHOP of all places.

Yeah, and IIRC, that was only your 3rd or 4th date or so.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2014, 11:49:52 PM »

The length talk is all speculation at this point. All that matters right now is getting off to a good start.  I can't worry about how long this will last right now.

There's a good "that's what she said" joke somewhere in there.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2014, 08:22:18 AM »

What in the world made you choose IHOP?  A very simple Yelp search reveals many nice little romantic Mexican and Italian spots, but instead it's IHOP with it's gaggle of senile senior citizens and little [Inks]ers screaming and yelling about crayons and pancakes.  What did you get to eat? 

You're very late to the party on this.  This was already discussed thoroughly nearly five years ago now.  Start reading from here:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=109091.msg2332294#msg2332294
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2014, 08:27:37 AM »

Actually, that reminds me….while there were some scattered precursor "Update" threads in 2009, "Update" as we know it began on Jan. 17, 2010:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=109091.0

It was really at that point that it became an essentially continuous chronicle of Bushie's life in something like its current state.  So the five year anniversary is coming up in two and a half months.  Any special anniversary episode plans?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2014, 09:06:27 PM »

Bushie, are you upset that Fallin was re-elected?

I'm disappointed, but I'm not all that upset.  I really wasn't voting against her as I was voting for Joe Dorman.  I like Fallin, but I liked Dorman better.  My main issue in that race as well as State Superintendent was education.  I voted for the Democrat John Cox in the latter race, although Republican Joy Hofmeister won.  The results weren't surprising at all considering this is Oklahoma and the nationwide Republican tsunami that drowned many Democrats.

You seem to find an unusually high number of political races in which you "like both candidates".  For the average voter, "not liking both candidates" is far more common, but you do things the Bushie way.

The Bushie way is different.  You can't say that it's any worse, as it's a perfectly valid way of doing things, but it is different.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2014, 08:53:40 PM »

I am going to spend the weekend watching my election coverage from the DVR.  I should get in 4 hours tonight, then I'll watch from 1100-1630 before I go to Grandma's for the final family dinner of this round of company.

OK, so we shouldn't post any election spoilers in this thread, since you haven't watched it yet, and don't know how it ends?

All I can say (without getting into plot specifics) is that Wolf Blitzer gives an Emmy-worthy performance.  And the Mark Udall fight sequence had some amazing special effects (and some great stunt work).
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2014, 05:58:00 PM »

That's how you want me to fail.  Then, you get mad at me or try to pry information out of me when I try to stay silent.  I seriously don't understand how you guys can say you're so concerned about me when you actively do things that are detrimental to the process.

If you actually believe that people's commentary here is detrimental to your success, then why do you keep posting in the Update thread?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies