Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:56:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 152405 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 18, 2014, 09:43:49 AM »

Welcome to the latest season of Update! Let's make it a good one!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 10:14:02 AM »

I can't wait to hear about the train store (again)!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 10:26:28 PM »

I don't have anywhere to go tomorrow, so I am going to spend the day job searching at my parents' house and also preparing for Tuesday morning's interview.  The interview is at 1000 and I'll return to Tulsa right after the interview.  I should get back to Tulsa by 1300 and should be able to make at least one of the job fairs that I want to go to.  One job fair ends at 1400 and the other ends at 1500.  Depending on what happens with Tuesday's interview, if I don't get the job, I will be down Halloween weekend for family dinners and then I'll wait until Thanksgiving weekend after that to come back down again.

Does the Bushie family-clan celebrate Halloween?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 02:12:37 AM »

And just so we're clear, Jeff, if you're going to be staying with Grandma, you will provide her with some form of compensation - be it monetary or in-kind such as mowing the yard - and she will not perform any domestic duties like laundry or cleaning for you. That woman already spent half her life raising her own kids; she doesn't need to spend the other half raising her kids' kids. At the very least, let's aim for a situation where she's no worse off for having you than if you weren't there.

You know the woman will have to wait on him hand and foot. Poor thing.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 03:20:04 AM »

So when Bushie gets to heaven he'll no longer be a fat?

Very early days, but 'The Fourth Pair of Pants' should be a contender for the title of Update XIX.

We may have to hold a vote for the next season's title. I've seen several possible titles pop up already.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 03:27:45 AM »

Jeff, you've admitted before that you don't really know how to use the AutoCADD program that your parents bought for you. What concrete steps are you taking to address this issue? Or will you just continue to "play" around with it while watching football and pretend that doing that will really help you to grasp the material (even though it is utterly pointless)?

I don't think it's even pridefulness that is stoping Jeff from trying J-Mann's list method. I think it's sheer laziness.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 07:04:26 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2014, 06:21:56 AM by Eraserhead »

Is keeping the other apartment part of the latest game plan cooked up by Mama and Papa Bushie?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 07:08:44 PM »

Is keeping the other apartment part of the latest game plan cooked by Mama and Papa Bushie?

It's mostly my decision, they are just endorsing it.  The reason is just in case this job turns out to be a bust, I'll have something to go back to with very little hassle.

Sounds like Papa Bushie isn't too eager to get rid of his train room.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 07:11:03 PM »

Bushie, do you really need the premium cable package? It doesn't seem like you watch anything other than sports and a couple of reality TV shows.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 09:40:34 AM »

Good Morning, friends.  I don't blame you for abandoning me and jumping ship, but I want to tell you that my response to Patrick was completely honest and 100% how I felt.  I know it sounds like part of the "cycle", but it came out of a true, repentant, broken heart.  There is no reason I should have been so prideful.  I didn't have to agree with what was being said, but I didn't have to get so pridefully upset about it.  I don't blame you if you still want to stay away, but I would be honored if you would give me another chance even though I don't deserve it.  Think about it and do what you feel is best.  I will not be upset or offended either way.

I for one will never truly give up on you, Bushie.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 10:23:57 PM »

lol Bushie.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 08:44:38 AM »

Good news, Bushie! Joe Dorman is within striking distance (kinda)!

http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=27169521&catId=112032
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 08:11:05 PM »

Bushie, are you excited about Joe Dorman's surge in the polls?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2014, 09:57:42 AM »

Dad gave me an interesting project to do in my spare time today on the AutoCAD.  Draw his train tracks.  He gave me two small pieces of track, a curved piece and a straight piece.  He wants me to make a .GIF file out of them and then email them to him so he can print them out.  My laptop won't recognize their printer, so I can't print it out myself.

Man, I love how important/symbolic trains are in this story.

Bushie's train has yet to leave the station.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2014, 10:10:08 AM »

Damn, somewhat random thought but wouldn't Update Monopoly be awesome?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 07:03:09 PM »

If you guys have ideas on names for the board, I can make it.

I'm not sure the railroads aspect of the game should be a reconquest of Bushie's bedroom by owning all four of dad's lines or a side mission of owning Bushie's 4 favorite restaurants: Braum's, Cracker Barrel, Eskimo Joe's, and On The Border.

What about The Golden Corral?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2014, 07:40:20 PM »

If you guys have ideas on names for the board, I can make it.

I'm not sure the railroads aspect of the game should be a reconquest of Bushie's bedroom by owning all four of dad's lines or a side mission of owning Bushie's 4 favorite restaurants: Braum's, Cracker Barrel, Eskimo Joe's, and On The Border.

What about The Golden Corral?

If anything, Golden Corral should replace Eskimo Joe's as I've only been there once where I've been to GC many times.

But I bet you don't own a Golden Corral T-shirt!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 08:29:37 PM »

I love throwing out ideas and letting you guys do the heavy lifting. Excellent job, Joe!

Now how do we get this game into the production line?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2014, 02:30:49 PM »

He didn't mean to order the chocolate cake, but he accidentally did without thinking! Whoops! He was always taught not to waste food, so he didn't send it back.

Remember the Dr. Pepper incident at Burger King (I think?) when he pushed the wrong button. Great episode!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2014, 10:30:13 PM »

What sort of food did granny cook for you today?

I haven't moved over there, yet, because of all the company.  I won't be over there for another week.  I've been over at my parents' since I got down here two weeks ago.  I had Braum's for lunch and a couple ham sandwiches for supper.

What kind of burger did you have at Braum's.  I see their website is currently featuring a caesar burger of all things.  Yum!

He gets the same burger every time.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 07:10:06 PM »

Good Wednesday Evening!  I've actually been home most of the day.  I told my boss that I had a migraine this morning and he came to be about 8:45 and told me that it would be better for me to go home and not suffer so I can come back to work feeling great and able to concentrate.  He kept emphasizing to me that there are no worries, it won't hurt my job to take off today.  His reasoning is that we are still slow right now as our heavy influx of work hasn't started coming in, yet, so right now he can afford to let me take the rest of the day off.  Later on, especially after the first of the year, it will be a lot harder to take off early because we'll be under a lot more stressful conditions, but for now and probably the rest of November, it is a lot easier and won't derail the train to use his words.  He also told me that if I still have a migraine in the morning to not even attempt to come in, just call him and let him know.  He wants me there on Friday for sure, but he wants me well and feeling good.  I took off about 9:20 and came home and took a 5 hour nap, not waking up till 1500.  Right now, my headache is back down to the moderate stage it was at for the last 10 days.  If it stays like this, I'll have no problem going in tomorrow.  If it goes back up, then I will heed his advice.  Hopefully, I can go tomorrow.

More use of the "train" metaphor. The writers are on fire right now.

Anyway, it's time to start looking for the next job of the week, Jeff.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 07:47:44 PM »

Guys, there is no reason to worry.  I have nothing to be worried about.  My boss would not give me false expectations.  If he says there is nothing to worry about, then there is nothing to worry about.  Period.

You literally said the exact same thing about your last boss/job.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2014, 10:05:43 AM »

BREAKING NEWS: Bushie is officially taking another day off from work.

He will be visiting his Indian doctor according to my sources (aka the facialbooks).
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2014, 01:13:31 AM »

Bushie's theme song:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1MMDugt8ZRk
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2014, 10:37:35 PM »

Damn, he can certainly eat a lot of stuff in one sitting.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies