Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:11:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 152016 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« on: November 15, 2014, 08:28:55 AM »

Wow... such a sad, sad life.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 10:27:15 AM »

Good Saturday Morning!  I slept for almost 10 hours and slept very well.  Breakfast is over and now I am watching College Game Day on ESPN.  I will watch the first half of the Clemson vs. Georgia Tech game and then start moving over to Grandma's sometime this afternoon.  I will come back to my parents' for supper and then will go to a birthday party for a handsome 13-year-old.  It will be one of the last times I get to see him as he and his family are about to spend two years in Cameroon, Africa on a .  They leave December 26 which is now less than 6 weeks away.  I am excited for them.

.....WHAT....
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 06:22:04 PM »

I just picked out the clothes I am going to wear tomorrow.  It's a minor decision, probably only saves me 1-2 minutes of a morning, but it is one less decision I have to make that early in the morning.  I pick out my clothes for the next day every work night when I first get home from church and/or work.

..You say this like it's a first time. Do you normally not? Do people still pick out what to wear for work? I just open the drawer, and whatever polo on top is what I wear, or whatever dress shirt is first on the hanger is what I grab.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 12:05:01 PM »

Good morning, guys.  I'm about to leave for work at 0700.  It's not so much that my brother finally got to me, but he's reinforcing what many have said.

You may call God a pervert, but remember He created the people who created the laws.  He can do whatever He wants and no one can deny that.  History shows that Mary was probably a 14 year old girl.  If that happened by anybody else it would be a crime, but everyone agrees that God is above all worldly laws.

Uh... I don't.

He of course means everyone within his ridiculously purified social circle (or perhaps just all of Oklahoma). I have no idea what his Facebook is like, but I imagine it and his entire community is just filled with people who interject "AMEN!" and "HALLELUJAH" and "PRAISE HIM, GLORY" and every other variation you can think of into everything, no matter how (in)appropriate or irrelevant in context, including things where they just try to make selfishness, greed or other sinful behavior seem holy by adding a shoutout to God on the end of it.  I actually saw this come across my FB feed just a few minutes ago at the same time I was reading this, and thought to myself, "this would definitely be one of Bushie's "spiritual" counterparts if they lived in the same neighborhood (well, if she wasn't black; it is Oklahoma, after all):

That's basically from what I gathered what his Facebook feed is like. The exception being his sister-in-law who is the only person willing to call him out on the crap that to us is blatantly obvious and we do all the time.

I used to as well, but we all know how that ended. He couldn't afford having me disgrace his good name by telling the truth about him. Oh well, at least there is his sister in law to do it.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 08:43:10 PM »

bushie can you confirm that your very elderly grandmother was busy cooking your supper while you napped?

We didn't have supper together this evening.  She went to church and I was going to go to church, but I needed a new office chair in my room at Grandma's because the one that was in here was wreaking havoc on my back and was not ergonomically friendly in any way, shape, or form.  I voiced this to Mom and this evening Dad and I went to Office Depot to get a new chair and we decided to have supper next door at McAllister's Deli.  I had a four cheese grille sandwich.

Congrats, your sandwich alone was 800 calories. RIP diet

Well, a power outage really would put the brakes on things. We lost our internet a few weeks ago, and I was pretty helpless. But Gramps is right, Jeff -- you seem to have a celebratory attitude about such things: snow days, power outages, etc. Those are bad things, you realize, because they're a total loss in productivity at a job AND hurting you financially, right?

Oh, and the Christmas thing ... not "wrong," but incredibly socially strange. You are an extreme outlier, sort of like if a 40-year-old only dated 16-year-olds because it was technically legal in his state. AND he makes a big deal about it. Not wrong. Just plain weird.

What are you doing to live your fullest for Jesus today and further his kingdom?

Perhaps the celebratory attitude was a bit excessive.  I should not have put the two exclamation points on there.  Whoops.  I spent the day about like I did last Wednesday when I was off for the headache - napping.  I decided to wake up because 1) I want to sleep tonight and 2) I am going to church in a few hours for dinner and the final Wednesday night service before Thanksgiving and the Advent Season.  Next week we are having our midweek service on Tuesday, a special Thanksgiving service, so families can have Wednesday night with family or preparing for the feast on Thursday or what not.  We are having our all church Thanksgiving Dinner this Sunday at 1700.  Last year's dinner was canceled due to wintry weather.  This time looks either dry or maybe just rain.

Holy crap, you nap way too much, Jeffie. What is wrong with you? Last night I went to bed at 11, woke up at 4:30am for an hour long high intesnity workout with my trainer at 5am, got home, went to work for 7:15, worked till 5:30, worked out at the gym in my office till 6:30, and went home and ate dinner.... now I'm on here. I do this several days a week, and don't nap.

Why do you need to keep napping? It's your horrible diet, and your lack of exercise. Keep it up, before you know it you'll be napping yourself into a grave.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 08:57:43 PM »

You know what, guys, I am not going to spend another night being yelled at for every little, insignificant thing.  I'm too good for that.  Have a nice night.

Typical.. You get called out, know that we are right, and just leave. Go ahead, go back to sleep. It's really quite sad and pathetic. Maybe, just maybe one of these days you will get your life on track and understand what it's like to really live life.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies