Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:31:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 152009 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: October 19, 2014, 12:31:46 AM »

BUSHIE please tell us you have your own hotel room? 

You know he's got a fold-away bed at the foot of his parent's, like any 8 year old.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 08:26:40 AM »

Obviously, going for the ride is its own reward.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 06:30:03 PM »

Tweed, I will say this is a globally respected defense contractor.  If this plays out with either 3 or 6 months, it will really boost my resume.  I know what to do this time and I will practice every night for a while.

nek minnut

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 10:17:48 PM »

I just don't understand these companies hiring practices. Unless he's lying on his CV... I would never, ever hire Bushie based on what we know about his work history.

The quickest I've ever been hired for a job was 2 days between interview and offer. I just don't understand... especially when CADD has actual issues of technical knowledge requirements and PROFICIENCY. Surely that needs to be assessed and verified?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 11:18:08 PM »

what was Bushie wearing at his previous job if he didn't have enough business casual clothes to last more than three days?

I'm glad I had lunch BEFORE those shorts gave me an image I want removed with fire and/or acid.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 12:05:25 AM »

Btw, anyone else find it hard to respond to Bushie here in update without cursing?

Nigh on impossible. God bless the IRC.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 12:28:05 AM »

His mom still takes him pants shopping? What did you wear to your previous job?

It's a guess, but I'm going to say something... elasticated.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 07:23:15 PM »

Hence the issue with people like Bushie. They don't make plans or work incrementally towards goals, because they think there is an individual plan that God has determined. Why work on yourself, when God will do it for you?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 11:56:14 PM »

Where did Bushie learn to be so prideful?

More importantly, where did he get the idea that he has the right, let alone justification to be prideful?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 10:59:16 PM »

See, here is the problem. You say you know your flaws and want to work on them, etc. But then you characterize as insults and attacks people pointing these things out. Your life is getting worse, not better because you continue to act the same way. A lot of people here derive entertainment from your failures so they continue to encourage it. Others are saintly enough to actually try and give you constructive advice on how to improve. This latter group tends to be the most critical of you, which should tell you something.

Whether your job pays well is irrelevant, firstly because you'll soon lose it like you lose every other job. That's not due to bad luck it's because of who you are and you clearly won't change. Secondly, your lifestyle is so irresponsible I doubt any income could sustain you.

Lastly, your blasphemous abuse of God's name is a shame on Christianity. You use it for selfish and manipulative purposes and as an excuse to continue your behaviour. It's frankly offensive to real Christians and would probably be sufficient for sending you to hell even without all your other countless sins.

To be honest, I am actually excited where my life is right now.  Sure, its not where I had hoped it would be, but I can see good things in the very near future.

Why don't you give me a chance to prove myself on this job instead of already writing me off before I even begin?  Sound like a good idea?

Thank goodness for grace.  God's grace is all I need to cover EVERY sin I commit past, present, and future.  It is by God's grace that I will enter heaven.  I know for an absolute certainty that my home and my destination is heaven.  I do not have to worry about being separated from God for eternity in hell.  There's nothing, absolutely nothing, that can change that, because I can never lose my salvation no matter what I do.  The same goes for anyone who accepts Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.  The Baptist phrase "once saved, always saved" is guaranteed fact.  You can take it to the bank.

Please don't use the word 'fact' in this context...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 11:39:14 PM »

This is the problem of Bushie's entire life... 'God's grace' why have a sense of personal responsibility when either Ma or Pa Bushie will save him and once he asks for God's forgiveness... the slate is clean. Sounds like a good deal for the emotionally juvenile.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 04:03:25 PM »

Anyone who has ever done even a rudimentary real Bible "study" will know (emphasis on the word study).
a) No one knows which 'John' actually wrote Revelation
b) that the story is a coded allegory about the domination of the Roman Empire...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 05:14:17 PM »

Although, I do look at www.endtime.com and get a lot of guidance from them.

Please, please, please tell me that you're joking.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 06:46:46 PM »

Bushie, you seem to have fallen for a common misconception. Revelation is the final book of the Christian New Testament, heavily steeped in obscure imagery. It was written by an unknown author during the first century CE.

You seem to be referring to events described in the best-selling apocalyptic thriller Left Behind, co-written by the American evangelical Chistian minister Tim LaHaye in the mid-90s and loosely inspired by imagery described in Revelation. It was made into a direct-to-video movie starring Kirk Cameron in 2000.

Revelation was written by the Apostle John, the same John that was a disciple of Jesus.

I have never read nor seen Left Behind, so this is all personal belief and study from what I read in Revelation.  Although, I do look at www.endtime.com and get a lot of guidance from them.  They are a Pentecostal organization based in Plano, Texas that is all about the end time.  I do not take them as knowing exactly what will happen, but a general guideline of what to expect.  They are the best interpretation of Revelation that I have seen in a long time.

Isn't the i-word dirty?

Not if it's the correct interpretation...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 10:45:03 PM »

Bushie... read this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/greg-carey/revelation-2012_b_1168906.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

How about listening to this actual trained theologian?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 06:07:26 PM »

Indeed... have you been paying attention to the last, well, every day?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 06:55:09 PM »

No, unfortunately.  The AutoCAD computer is not set up, yet and even when it is later this week, we have company coming through for the first half of November, so I won't be able to use the computer with the AutoCAD until they all leave on November 15.

Roll Eyes

My sentiments exactly...

Why exactly does the presence of company make it impossible for you to prepare for the job for which you've claimed multiple times that you're going to actually work?

Because the computer will be at my grandmother's and that's where the company will be, too.  They will be using the bedroom that my computer is in.  I don't want to set it up here and then take it down two weeks later and move it.  First off, there's no room at my parents' for the computer.

How big is this computer?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 07:11:26 PM »

No, unfortunately.  The AutoCAD computer is not set up, yet and even when it is later this week, we have company coming through for the first half of November, so I won't be able to use the computer with the AutoCAD until they all leave on November 15.

I see you are still preparing to fail.

You cannot deduce that from my post.

Past is prologue.  You are a lazy, excuse machine.  Until you ever face reality, make changes and work hard you will continue to fail.  Right now you just waste your own time and others.

I don't think having company for a half a month, which I did not schedule, and not being able to use that bedroom is my fault.  It's not by choice that I cannot practice right now.  I wish I could, but I can't.

That's all we're going to talk about it tonight.  Conversation closed.

Oh Bushie... you know that's not how this works.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 11:52:21 PM »

Memphis, I wasn't feeling real well and wasn't real hungry so I let Dad clean up the meat.  I only had 3 sandwiches instead of my normal 4.  The malt I had at lunch kind of upset my stomach a bit.

you're eating four sandwiches for every meal

four.

bushie.

i don't even know what to say.

He doesn't feel full if it's less than that?!! He doesn't want to starve... oh and a malt? Really?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 09:56:24 PM »

Thanks, guys for alerting me to this.  I guess I was too lazy to try it myself.

End thread.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 09:11:03 PM »

Indy, it's not my lack of skill, it's an old computer that I'm working with.  My laptop is almost 4 years old and needs to be replaced, but I naturally don't have the money to replace it.

Wait wait... didn't Bushie say that he needed to set-up his computer? It's an f'ing laptop.

Oh and my laptop is grazing 3.5 years old and, aside from new heavy graphic-required games, can run pretty much anything.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2014, 05:15:19 PM »

Happy Halloween everybody.  Today is the beginning of the 2014-2015 Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday Season.  The words Happy Holidays, Happy Thanksgiving, and Merry Christmas are all valid starting today.  The words Happy Holidays will cease to be valid after Thanksgiving.  In sane America, it is Merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays.

So, with that said... Merry Christmas everybody!!

As a child, I always assumed "Happy Holidays" included New Years and Three Kings Day.

Those are usually called out separately and by name.

That seems unnecessary...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2014, 06:14:55 PM »

Is there lettuce on a taco salad? IIRC, Bushie doesn't like lettuce with dressing and thus doesn't like salad.

He gets a pass for that as lettuce has almost nothing in it. 

I doubt he's tried that mango, yet.  It perturbs me that suggest a tasty and healthful fruit for lunch ad he probably packed Lunchables or something today.

Lettuce is fibrous material and water.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2014, 11:10:42 PM »

I bet it's that horrible orange plastic cheese that snaps when you try to bent it.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2014, 09:20:34 PM »

He's not salaried... but being hourly and sending him home, probably suggests it's not worth paying the extra to keep him around.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies