Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:44:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 152011 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 18, 2014, 05:55:14 PM »

Since he's not going to the mountain because he has ebola, what else is there to do in Albuquerque?

I have no idea why Bushie doesn't become a drug dealer.  He won't even sip wine, forget touching his own stash.  And could you imagine the market in the outskirts of OKC!?  I know I'd be operating on a multitude of psychoactives.

Do you even read Update? Bushie would get arrested almost instantly.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 02:46:06 PM »

If Jeff ever gets his act together, he needs to send Bushie père and Bushie mère on a couple's getaway to someplace exotic (perhaps Branson). Some alone time is the least he can give them.

Absolutely!  That's a great idea, and I'm sure Bushie would be more than happy to drive them there and back too.  And perhaps personally make sure they enjoy their romantic meal together.  Maybe he'll even pretend to offer to pay for it!

This is probably for the best, Bushie can't be trusted around the stove alone.

I don't think the idea of this "vacation" is all that strange. My family never went on any elaborate trips together, and a few of our getaways involved long-ish drives and short stays. If that's the Brown family's idea of a good time, let them have it.

The specifics ... mainly the fact that their 32-year-old son tagged along and stayed in the same room ... are odd, but not unheard of. I've traveled with my parents to events at different times over the last decade.

The same room stuff is certainly a bit strange

I shared a hotel room with my mother on a short trip this summer. It seems absolutely ridiculous to spend another $80 to $100 on a second hotel room per night when you can get one room with two beds. I mean, we are family.

Then again, this was just a trip to an antique festival, not a romantic getaway.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 12:22:00 AM »

Security Clearance Level: Bushie
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 03:26:22 PM »

You won't help fix dinner. You don't know how to cook. You can't use a knife to prep food. You aren't allowed near the stove. That's every stage of cooking right there. Don't lie.

"And I helped!"

Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 03:33:47 PM »

Oh goodness. He's keeping an apartment there for his parents to pay for so he can go to church sometimes on the weekends? This is the problem. He is constantly signing leases in other cities before he really establishes himself at a job and then refuses to sublease it so his parents won't have to continue to pay rent. He's just sooooooo incredibly selfish it's amazing!

One thing you need to realize is I'll be making $15 an hour, so most of it will be my money, not my parents'.  I know this is not what people would normally do, but I don't have to do what everybody else does in order to be right.  This is our decision, and there is nothing wrong with our decision.

My money. Our decision. Selfless!
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 10:06:53 AM »

I think it is very possible that Vladimir Putin could be the Antichrist.  That is nothing more than an educated guess on my part.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 09:44:38 PM »

I only had 3 sandwiches instead of my normal 4.  The malt I had at lunch kind of upset my stomach a bit.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 02:09:59 AM »

Kohl's isn't for fats? I thought that's what they catered to?

I used to buy my fat guy clothes at Kohls. Size 38 JNCOs off the clearance rack. I had pockets for daysssssssssssssssss.

Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 02:43:16 PM »

Happy Halloween everybody.  Today is the beginning of the 2014-2015 Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday Season.  The words Happy Holidays, Happy Thanksgiving, and Merry Christmas are all valid starting today.  The words Happy Holidays will cease to be valid after Thanksgiving.  In sane America, it is Merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays.

So, with that said... Merry Christmas everybody!!

As a child, I always assumed "Happy Holidays" included New Years and Three Kings Day.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 09:35:19 PM »

Depending on where you get it in Oklahoma it costs anywhere between $1.50 and $5.00.  Cashier's checks are $8.00 at the bank.

Walmart does money orders for 70 cents. Of course, there's no reason for an adult with decent credit and a checking account to pay his rent by money order.

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Bill-Payment/632045
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 11:54:42 AM »

You cannot get the full Update story by reading Update alone. You need to follow the Update story on Facebook and subscribe to the Update app which offers exclusive Update content, Update contests and bonus Update footage unavailable anywhere else.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies