Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:27:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 152172 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: October 20, 2014, 01:26:57 PM »

I have nothing against those working for lower wages, but I am not going to apply for anything paying less.  Everyone here thinks I can only work minimum wage jobs and be stuck there my entire life, but I do deserve to be paid more.  Heck, I'm worth $20 an hour, but I know I won't get it.  $11-$12 is as low as I can go.

Why is it so difficult to fathom that $9 temporarily is still better than a grand total of zero?

And unless you're logic is that pretty much every worker is worth $20 an hour (for which there is a fair argument, although it's still problematic), I don't see why what you offer is worth that amount. That's not to say you couldn't be in the future, but you have to keep in mind what you're offering a potential employer at this point.

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 01:38:47 PM »

Besides, I'm not desperate enough to work minimum wage jobs. 

Yes, you damn well are. Or should be at least. Seriously, I'm not trying to be Inks here, but your biggest problem is your perception of your own situation.

Anyone who's deep in the red, paying for rent, cable TV and bacon cheeseburgers twice a day is in quite a desperate situation if their income is 0.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 06:18:00 PM »

Thanks for the well wishes everybody.  I've learned a few lessons from last time that I will apply to this job.  I will practice on my CAD at home most evenings.  I will focus further attention to the detail.  I will relax and do my job.  They promise to fully train me rather than throw me out to the wolves immediately like I was at my previous company.

Happy you've found something.

But what training do you require? I thought that's what CADD school was for?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 03:41:32 PM »

Bushie, will you at least cancel the cable package when you don't live there at all?

Realize every month that one entire week of your work will be spent on the rent and utilities at a place you don't live in at all. Perhaps more than a week when factoring in gas.

But how would he watch the University of Northeastern South Dakota take on Topeka College after those church meetings?

You can't expect a man to give up everything.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 07:14:48 AM »

See, here is the problem. You say you know your flaws and want to work on them, etc. But then you characterize as insults and attacks people pointing these things out. Your life is getting worse, not better because you continue to act the same way. A lot of people here derive entertainment from your failures so they continue to encourage it. Others are saintly enough to actually try and give you constructive advice on how to improve. This latter group tends to be the most critical of you, which should tell you something.

Whether your job pays well is irrelevant, firstly because you'll soon lose it like you lose every other job. That's not due to bad luck it's because of who you are and you clearly won't change. Secondly, your lifestyle is so irresponsible I doubt any income could sustain you.

Lastly, your blasphemous abuse of God's name is a shame on Christianity. You use it for selfish and manipulative purposes and as an excuse to continue your behaviour. It's frankly offensive to real Christians and would probably be sufficient for sending you to hell even without all your other countless sins.

To be honest, I am actually excited where my life is right now.  Sure, its not where I had hoped it would be, but I can see good things in the very near future.

Why don't you give me a chance to prove myself on this job instead of already writing me off before I even begin?  Sound like a good idea?

Thank goodness for grace.  God's grace is all I need to cover EVERY sin I commit past, present, and future.  It is by God's grace that I will enter heaven.  I know for an absolute certainty that my home and my destination is heaven.  I do not have to worry about being separated from God for eternity in hell.  There's nothing, absolutely nothing, that can change that, because I can never lose my salvation no matter what I do.  The same goes for anyone who accepts Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.  The Baptist phrase "once saved, always saved" is guaranteed fact.  You can take it to the bank.

I'm not in a position to give you chances. I don't affect your life one way or the other. Given that you've failed every past job and refuse to change I can predict the same thing will happen now, but my opinion makes no difference to the outcome.

And you're not getting God's grace. You're following false prophets and you know how that ends!

How about we let God decide that?

You should take your own advice.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 02:01:24 PM »

Bushie, since we're discussing religion at the moment...

Why is it you think God will always provide you with material things on Earth? You've said multiple times that just by having faith, God will certainly give you a job, for example. If this is the case, how do you explain....say....the millions of Christians in Africa (who have just as much faith as you) that are starving to death?

Please view this as an honest question in good faith and not as an attack or an attempt to mock your religious beliefs.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 06:37:26 PM »

No, unfortunately.  The AutoCAD computer is not set up, yet and even when it is later this week, we have company coming through for the first half of November, so I won't be able to use the computer with the AutoCAD until they all leave on November 15.

Roll Eyes
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 06:41:11 PM »

No, unfortunately.  The AutoCAD computer is not set up, yet and even when it is later this week, we have company coming through for the first half of November, so I won't be able to use the computer with the AutoCAD until they all leave on November 15.

Roll Eyes

My sentiments exactly...

Why exactly does the presence of company make it impossible for you to prepare for the job for which you've claimed multiple times that you're going to actually work?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 09:11:24 AM »

The Braum's cheeseburger and extras were probably 2,000 total and I didn't put gobs of meat on the sloppy joes.  I just put enough to cover the bun, but not spill over.  I did have a couple regular cokes yesterday, so I may have had 2,500-3,000 calories.

You believe several sloppy joes and a couple of regular cokes are only 500-1000 calories?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 09:21:40 AM »

The Braum's site lists their bacon cheeseburger at 730.  Plus fries and a couple cokes?  I'll ballpark that at 1400-1500.  Then 3 sloppy joes?  That's a lot, but probably no more than 400 each.  Hell, I'll give him 500 and then he still is at 2500-3000 for the day, so I don't think Our Dear Friend is lying with this one.  

Wait he said that what he stuffed himself with at Braum's was worth 2.000 alone, no? Then add the 1200 for the sloppy joes, and then another 500 or so for the sodas he just had to drink, and we're getting closer to 4000.

But more importantly, even if his calorie estimates were correct, they're utterly useless calories. Is it that difficult to eat real food?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 10:02:44 AM »

Dad gave me an interesting project to do in my spare time today on the AutoCAD.  Draw his train tracks.  He gave me two small pieces of track, a curved piece and a straight piece.  He wants me to make a .GIF file out of them and then email them to him so he can print them out.  My laptop won't recognize their printer, so I can't print it out myself.

Man, I love how important/symbolic trains are in this story.

Bushie's train has yet to leave the station.

Oh it's left the station, but the locomotive keeps dying, forcing it to be towed back to the station over and over.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 12:42:49 PM »

20%? 50%? WTF?

Few things do I despise more than American tipping culture. Just raise the damn prices and pay the waiters properly.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 12:57:07 PM »

20%? 50%? WTF?

Few things do I despise more than American tipping culture. Just raise the damn prices and pay the waiters properly.

I agree, but we live under the iron fist of free market capitalism, Franzl.  As long as there are families like Bushie's that go to chain restaurants for half their meals it will never change. 

I mean, I see the point of a small tip for reasonable service (although here you normally just round up, like from 28€ to 30€), but what happens in the US seems extremely dishonest. If I see something on the menu for $20, then tax is added....and a 20% tip, and I'm not far from $30 when all is said and done.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 01:00:45 PM »

20%? 50%? WTF?

I agree, but we live under the iron fist of free market capitalism, Franzl.  As long as there are families like Bushie's that go to chain restaurants for half their meals it will never change. 

I mean, I see the point of a small tip for reasonable service (although here you normally just round up, like from 28€ to 30€), but what happens in the US seems extremely dishonest. If I see something on the menu for $20, then tax is added....and a 20% tip, and I'm not far from $30 when all is said and done.

Yup, that doesn't change the fact that Smilin' Steve doesn't eat this week unless I display the requisite generosity.

I know, and I try to consider that when in the US. Still feels like I'm being ripped off.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies