Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:29:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 152039 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 18, 2014, 10:09:52 AM »

While I'm sure it's good, you can't survive in this town as a bad Mexican restaurant, I want to know the process of going from walking to famous Garduno's to driving to a complete unknown Papa Felipe's.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 11:22:00 AM »

Since he's not going to the mountain because he has ebola, what else is there to do in Albuquerque?

Eat more delicious Mexican food.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 12:12:20 PM »

You know, if Bushie likes it here, moving here might be a good idea. There is a loophole someone who loves driving like him can exploit. Santa Fe's minimum wage is $10.66 an hour and people get paid way above that just to do menial tasks, especially during high tourism months. A friend from high school works as a security guard for a gated community in Santa Fe, makes $25/hr, and owns a house in the Albuquerque suburbs.

If he's willing to commute 45 minutes coming and going, he could seriously work at a Wendy's in SF and support himself with an apartment in Enchanted Hills or Bernallilo for about $500 a month.  There are probably call centers and CAD here, too.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 09:43:44 AM »

Every day is a good day to Bushie. Even days when he "comes out a winner" at his job.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 12:50:20 PM »

Meh, I doubt his parents have had relations in 30 years. Who cares if he's in the room?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 10:28:26 PM »

They celebrate eating candy, surely?!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 01:11:37 PM »

Everyone needs 11+/hr to survive Bushie. The people working at Braums for $7.25/hr need $11 too.

Unfortunately, politicians like James Lankford and the like who are against minimum wage increases make that impossible. You have to live in the world the rest of us live in and take what you can get.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 01:18:11 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2014, 01:20:34 PM by King »

The past year Bushie has worked about 22 weeks, been unemployed about 30 weeks because he keeps getting fired from call centers and going to school for CAD. Making $10/hr. That's $8800 pre tax.

If he had a nice cozy do nothing $8/hr job and kept it for 52 weeks because no expectations, he'd have $16640 pre tax right now. Plus no student debt for his parents because of CAD certification.

It's Tortoise and the Hare and he's going to make some nice rabbit stew. RIP.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 01:25:42 PM »

The refusal to take $8 or $9 is simply nutso when his parents are struggling to pay his rent and other bills.  My kid would be homeless if she did that sh**t.  I wouldn't pay a dime.

If he were 22, I'd empathize. My parents let me slack off and not get a job right away after I graduated college. They never pushed me because they had the money, but after a freeloading few months, my own guilt pushed me into the workforce despite it not being a job I wanted.  I know that feeling. But 32 years old? Jeez.

There are poor people out there, some with kids, who are making $8-9 and no parents to help ease the burden AT ALL. It's disgraceful. It's like he doesn't know how less fortunate others' situations are. They need to Bible Study on that next time.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 01:37:09 PM »

What's funny is everyone here thinks I'm being lazy and not actively looking for a job and napping all day or watching 15 hours of TV everyday.  Everybody are grossly mistaken if they think that.  The thing is I'm actively seeking employment during all business hours.  I may take a short nap here and there and I do watch TV, but that does not mean I'm being completely lazy.  I can search and watch TV at the same time.

1. You're not in business, so you need to work longer than 9-5
2. It's one thing to look for jobs. It's another to get it. You never do interview prep. You reach for the stars with job offerings you are not qualified for. You are STRIKING OUT at the plate every time, going for the home run. You could walk into any restaurant or store with a hiring sign in the window RIGHT NOW and have job starting MONDAY MORNING.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 01:39:29 PM »

Besides, I'm not desperate enough to work minimum wage jobs.

What about the burden of poor old Mama and Papa? I'm sure they'd appreciate the $200 a week.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 01:42:26 PM »

Also, I've tried fast food restaurants, but I cannot lift the darn grease pans to clean up without spilling it all over the floor.

How can somebody not even fit for a fast food restaurant be worth $20/hour?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 02:18:23 PM »

Bushie should cancel the cable package and visit http://www.vipleague.se/
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 02:23:30 PM »

You can get a $9 hour job and then quit it if another something comes along. You've quit your call center jobs to chase another job before...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 03:14:27 PM »

Why not apply to all jobs you are qualified for and know you can do? The worst that can happen is turning them down for a better offer.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 04:26:45 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2014, 04:32:09 PM by King »

Bushie, stating you physically get easily exhausted, can't do the physical labor to work fast food, mentally do not improve fast enough in your educated field, mentally are prone to boneheaded mistakes, emotionally struggle with customer service interaction, etc. only paints a picture that you are completely unfit for any kind of employment.

Given your monetary demands and your admitted shortcomings, I couldn't create a stable job for you if I tried. I've worked in offices a long time and just running through all the tasks that have to be performed from bottom to top:

>File clerk, a lot of bending, standing, moving around. No.
>Mail clerk, can't lift heavy shipped items like paper and bottled water. No.
>Front receptionist, not physically attractive for customers. No.
>Secretary/general clerk, can't answer the phones. No.
>Custodian, too much physical labor. No.
>Proofreader, ADHD and slow at learning to understand new material. No.
>Accountant, paralegal, bookkeeping, server administration, etc., etc. no education credentials
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 04:29:58 PM »

I would never pay anyone with your employment history, your educational transcript, your physical energy level, your mental attention level, etc. $20 to do anything for one hour. Sorry, buddy, but that's the truth.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2014, 04:39:24 PM »

Bushie, muscles lift grease pans not minds. If by "put your mind to it" you mean hit the gym and do some squats until you have enough lower body strength to carry the grease, yes, but I know you well enough to know you mean "Focus on Grease Pans" aka do nothing but hope.

If your back hurts from standing too long and your cardio system makes you exhausted from moving around too much, there's nothing mentally you can do about it.  You're going to be in tremendous pain.

Now, if you want to get on a diet of lean meats, fruits, and vegetables, and get a personal trainer, and work out every day, and lose a bunch of weight instead of getting a job, IMO that would be tremendously worth it and would make you far more employable. But we know that's not going to happen. As you are physically, combined with your ADHD and Tourette's you are unemployable at more than the minimum wage. Perhaps unemployable period.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2014, 04:55:43 PM »

You've gained a lot of weight from doing no physical exercise since 1999. You'd do about the same or worse.

Hating yourself during off hours is a recipe for quitting/getting fired aka unemployable. If you are going to hate yourself off hours, you aren't fit to do the job.

It's not a stumbling block on its own, but combined with your other problems, it makes it difficult to find something for you to do. If you were fit but had Tourettes and ADHD, there are things you could do. If you had Tourettes and obesity but not ADHD, there are things you could do. All things combined? There's not one task that wouldn't be physically painful or mentally/emotionally straining on you.

You like the idea of working, but you can't actually work. You've proven that time and time again.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2014, 07:17:16 PM »

You've gained a lot of weight from doing no physical exercise since 1999. You'd do about the same or worse.

Hating yourself during off hours is a recipe for quitting/getting fired aka unemployable. If you are going to hate yourself off hours, you aren't fit to do the job.

It's not a stumbling block on its own, but combined with your other problems, it makes it difficult to find something for you to do. If you were fit but had Tourettes and ADHD, there are things you could do. If you had Tourettes and obesity but not ADHD, there are things you could do. All things combined? There's not one task that wouldn't be physically painful or mentally/emotionally straining on you.

You like the idea of working, but you can't actually work. You've proven that time and time again.

So, you're God now?  I didn't know that...

I... I don't get the connection with what I said and God.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2014, 07:23:19 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2014, 07:25:27 PM by King »

You think you know definitively that I can't work?  Only God knows that.  Not you.  

Well, considering you're 32 and perpetually unemployed, I think GOD is trying to tell you something. Unless he's specifically spoken to you and told you something else.

You have no meaningful abilities AS IS Bushie. This isn't a diss on you but a BIBLICAL TRUTH: "for whatever a man sows, that is what he shall reap"

If you sowed exercise and diet, you'd be very good for physical labor and reap a job
If you sowed spending every day working on AutoCAD, you'd be very good very good for CAD and reap a job.
If you sowed every day working on your public speaking skills, you'd might even be very good for customer service jobs and a reap a job.

HOWEVER, you spend every day whether it's 1 hour or 10 hours watching TV, napping, and eating, so as is you're only good at watching TV, napping, and eating. You sow nothing and reap no money.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2014, 07:35:29 PM »

Trying to look is one part of it but you're not actively becoming someone who can succeed at a job. Unless you get a job as a professional application filler outer, filling out applications isn't preparing for anything.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2014, 07:59:53 PM »

You view work as nothing more than a means to not mooch off mère et père and to subsidize your Braum's and Comcast bills. If you think any firm is going to let you sit around doing entry-level CADD work until you're 65, you're dead wrong. Organizations expect you to either move up the ladder or GTFO. You're not willing to put in the 50+ hour weeks or exercise any sort of initiative that is necessary for higher-level roles with more responsibility. Assuming you correct whatever went wrong at your last job, you're going to float along in neutral for a couple of years and eventually management's going to wonder why a man in his mid-30s has gone nowhere professionally and you're going to get booted out in favor of someone younger and hungrier. That process will repeat itself a couple more times, at which point your only options will be the sort of minimum wage jobs you're currently turning up your nose at because you'll be a washed-up 50 year old whose litany of health problems would probably destroy an employee health insurance plan.

You don't know this is how companies work!! Only God knows this!!!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2014, 08:12:57 PM »

Perhaps we should call the guys from Inception during Bushie's next 10 hour sleep. It's clear he doesn't take any advice that doesn't produce organically in his own mind.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2014, 09:02:53 PM »

http://www.theonion.com/articles/man-now-too-exhausted-to-repress-both-anger-and-sa,37224/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies