Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:05:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 152003 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: October 18, 2014, 10:03:51 AM »

Boy, I must have missed a lot! Time to catch up on my reading.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 06:10:14 PM »

Bushie, will you at least cancel the cable package when you don't live there at all?

Realize every month that one entire week of your work will be spent on the rent and utilities at a place you don't live in at all. Perhaps more than a week when factoring in gas.

I thought about cancelling the cable package, but that would incur a huge disconnect fee that it wouldn't be worth it.  I called today about downgrading, but the agent spoke to me honestly and said I currently have $175 in discounts and if I take items away, I lose the discounts and that could likely cause my bill to actually skyrocket.  So, it's more cost effective to keep it as is.  That's okay with me because I will be come up here every other Friday after work and spend the night and watch some football and go back to Grandma's Saturday evening.

This clarifies everything.

I'm mainly coming up here to check on things and pay rent.  Football is a nice additive.

As if you're in the position to be "checking on" anything. Go home and leave your poor grandma alone.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 06:20:47 PM »

Bushie, will you at least cancel the cable package when you don't live there at all?

Realize every month that one entire week of your work will be spent on the rent and utilities at a place you don't live in at all. Perhaps more than a week when factoring in gas.

I thought about cancelling the cable package, but that would incur a huge disconnect fee that it wouldn't be worth it.  I called today about downgrading, but the agent spoke to me honestly and said I currently have $175 in discounts and if I take items away, I lose the discounts and that could likely cause my bill to actually skyrocket.  So, it's more cost effective to keep it as is.  That's okay with me because I will be come up here every other Friday after work and spend the night and watch some football and go back to Grandma's Saturday evening.

This clarifies everything.

I'm mainly coming up here to check on things and pay rent.  Football is a nice additive.

As if you're in the position to be "checking on" anything. Go home and leave your poor grandma alone.

Okay, that makes no sense whatsoever, so I'll dismiss it.

You're a burden. I'm sure she's cooking for you and cleaning up after you, ugh.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 07:12:58 PM »

Where do you suggest I live while I work?  Under a bridge?  At the homeless shelter?

Yes. At some point in your life, you need/are going to have to learn the consequences of your stupid and selfish decisions, so it might as well be right now.

No guilt here.  I'm just annoyed.  The only thing I'm guilty of is continuing the Update.  I am very comfortable with my decisions while I work this job.

You shouldn't be, because they're either fycking stupid decisions or selfish decisions. How you can say "you're not wrong", "I feel no guilt", "I'm different" with a straight face is laughable. YOU'RE SPENDING $1000+ PER MONTH ON A STORAGE BIN AND CABLE, AND YOUR RECOURSE FOR SAID STUPID DECISION IS TO GO MOOCHING OFF OF YOUR 90 YEAR-OLD GRANDMOTHER. You shouldn't be "comfortable" with the decisions you're making. You should in fact be made to feel very uncomfortable, so that maybe you'll snap out of this permanent rut you've been in where everyone around you lets you get away with acting like a child because they most likely think you're semi-handicapped. You shouldn't be comfortable; you should be flensed.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 07:49:44 PM »

Listen, guys, I know my decisions are rarely popular, but this one is no worse than any of the previous decisions.  You are trying to get me to admit guilt.

"I make horrible, terrible, stupid decisions all the time while mooching off of my family, so why should anyone be upset about this one?"

I can't find where I should admit guilt, because my conscience is completely clear.

Of course you can't and of course it is, because you are delusional, as you've clearly demonstrated for years.

If you were here in Oklahoma with me you would understand where I'm coming from a lot of times.  If you sat in on the family meetings you would understand.  As it is, you are all arm-chair quarterbacking and pointing fingers. You did know that every time you point a finger you have three pointing back at you, right?

Don't try to exclusively blame your environment for the bad decisions you make. It is a huge problem, and mostly because you perpetuate it - "family meetings" - you're a grown-ass man who should be making grown-ass decisions. No doubt the only reason anyone would continue to help you out at this point is because they either already know what you're unwilling to admit, or have an unnatural desire to keep you close to their bosoms instead of making you do what's best for your long-term sustainability. Either you're making bad, selfish, stupid decisions on your own, or this so-called advice is terrible (hint: likely both). People removed from the situation are able to provide more objective advice than anyone who's trying to justify every single bad decision they've made, or the people who continue to reinforce the behavior.

Hint: if all of the decisions you make invariably wind up leading you back to mooching off of your family and quitting jobs to chase pipedreams, then maybe you shouldn't be taking advice from them. I have a strung-out relatives who can't be trusted with money and others who can't give the slightest bit of helpful advice: I don't go have pow-wows with them because they're "family".

Do not judge me.  I'm not a horrible person.  None of you are any better than me.  You're not any worse, but none of you are any better.

Who are you trying to convince, us or you? I always love this type of commentary from you, because I always imagine you screaming it at yourself in the mirror to reassure yourself of the lies that you continue to try to trick the rest of us into believing.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 08:22:31 PM »

I suggest you sublet your Tulsa apartment and use the money from that to find temporary accommodations in Oklahoma City. If the job lasts, then you'll be abandoning your apartment anyway. And if it doesn't, you won't have thrown away what is likely $800 a month on an apartment that sits empty with an extravagant cable package that won't be watched.

Also, keeping an apartment there so you can put 212 miles round trip on your car on weekends to have a church picnic and watch football alone is utterly ridiculous. As if you weren't throwing enough money away by sitting on an empty apartment 100 miles away, you decide to rack up miles on your car and gas by making a meaningless trip.

Again, I'm not doing anything wrong.  I'm a different duck.  I'm not a wrong duck.

It's not "wrong," Jeff. It's financially wasteful. And the fact that you've become so irritated and keep reiterating how right you are is revealing. You know you're holding onto an apartment you're not living in, an expensive cable package you're not watching and will try to justify that all by wasting gas and mileage to have a weekly confab with a church group you've known for all of a few months. At this point, you're not facing the reality of that foolishness and are too proud to admit otherwise.

I'm not irritated at the forum being perplexed, but I'm irritated by the viciousness of the attacks.  I thought we could talk about things cordially and calmly, not insulting someone because they don't like what they're doing, but apparently chivalry is dead.  You yourself are not being mean, but there are posters here this evening that are engaging in very vicious and vile attacks and insults over something they really shouldn't even care about.

Yep, me included, because you need to snap out of it. You want things your way all the time - we all get it - but talking nicely just doesn't seem to break through that thick head of yours. Your parents are too nice to you, your family is too nice to you, and probably most others in your life as as well - and that's what reinforces your ability to walk around acting like you are never in the wrong whatsoever. The only people who are honest with you are the people on this forum and some of your in-laws according to Facebook reports (and neither are blood-related, which is why they don't put up with your crap). You needed more yelling at as a child, but since you still act like one today, I suppose it's not too late.

And if we're not supposed to care, then please quit fycking telling us about every aspect of your life, kthx. Seriously: shut up and go do some CADD practice with your time or something (and more than 45 MINUTES MAX).
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 08:28:51 PM »

It's my money and if I want to be "financially wasteful", I should be allowed to.  I should not be subjected to hours of insults and character assassinations because of it.  I'm seeing clearly what kind of people some of these posters are, and frankly, it is disturbing.

It'll be "your money" when you hold down a stable job for more than a few months, stop mooching off of your relatives on a constant basis and pay them back the thousands (tens of thousands?) of dollars that you owe them, you selfish brat.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 02:50:06 AM »

you don't make a 90 year old woman cook and clean for you

Like I said for most of the meals, we will cook together and I will clean up after myself, do my own laundry, and do everything that I would normally do by myself except eating somewhat healthier meals with more frequency, eating less fast food.  I will insist on pitching in on the grocery bill.  She has a very nice yard that I can walk around in so I can start following my doctor's recommendations from my September appointment.  Walmart is just 3 miles away so I will have an indoor place to go walking when it gets too cold outside to walk.  Plus, I can start walking with my pastor again.  I'll live there rent free, because she won't accept my money, but I will pitch in on certain things.  I'll make enough money that I can live a little more comfortably with her and not have to worry about too much except getting up every morning for work.

Really, the benefits of this stay with her far outweigh the negative.  She will drive me up the wall on occasion and I may drive her up the other wall, but I can work and get a head start on the next bill that I hope to pay off in 13 months.  I can also look after her and make sure she's doing okay and be there to alert Mom if things go south with her.

I love how Bushie is using this as a defense here.  I will walk and walk some more. 

Please do, Jeff, because just walking should not be a chore. 

Notice all the subconscious conditional indicators that tell us he's not going to walk or help out, as if prior history weren't a guide?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 02:32:14 AM »

No, unfortunately.  The AutoCAD computer is not set up, yet and even when it is later this week, we have company coming through for the first half of November, so I won't be able to use the computer with the AutoCAD until they all leave on November 15.

Roll Eyes

My sentiments exactly...

Why exactly does the presence of company make it impossible for you to prepare for the job for which you've claimed multiple times that you're going to actually work?

Because the computer will be at my grandmother's and that's where the company will be, too.  They will be using the bedroom that my computer is in.  I don't want to set it up here and then take it down two weeks later and move it.  First off, there's no room at my parents' for the computer.

How big is this computer?

I just want you to know how much I cussed when I saw that you had already posted this exact image.

Memphis, I wasn't feeling real well and wasn't real hungry so I let Dad clean up the meat.  I only had 3 sandwiches instead of my normal 4.  The malt I had at lunch kind of upset my stomach a bit.

Back in the diet days, Bushie had FOUR sloppy joes one time to clean up the meat rather than his usual three.  We all jumped on him about having more than three for dinner.  This was the origin of "clean up the meat".  Now he admits four sloppy joes is the new norm?  How big are these sandwiches where he's eating four?!  I had 4 White Castle sliders a week or so ago when I was really hungry and that was pretty filling, and those things are tiny. 

There's no chance he's south of 300.  None. 

Looking at the calories and assuming his entire family slops on more meat than what is the real serving size, Bushie would gain one pound per week by eating one additional sloppy joe per day. If he is merely eating just one additional sloppy joe per week (and who are we kidding), then he's still going to gain an extra pound 7 weeks or so; 7 pounds per year. If Bushie is at 300 as we all assume and continues to eat 1 sloppy joe extra per week for 10 years without altering current dietary trends, then he will weigh at least 370 pounds in 2024.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 11:27:24 AM »

we have company coming through for the first half of November, so I won't be able to use the computer with the AutoCAD until they all leave on November 15.

RIP Granny.  Now I see why Our Dear Friend doesn't feel he's overwhelming Granny.  His whole family takes advantage of her so it's just normal everyday living.  Ugh.

Yeah poor granny, and I mean that seriously. Whenever my family gets together we never have it at my 84 year old grandmother's house. Instead we have it at my aunt and uncle's where generally me and my uncle will do all the grilling, while Nana sits and relaxes. And seriously, what kind of assholes feel entitled to come through for the entire first half of November to impose on granny? I've honestly never even heard of the way Bushie's family does things, with the exception of some of the radical evangelical beliefs, only me and a couple of my uncles dare question that.

It's not one set of company.  It happens to be three different families.  We have it over at Grandma's because 1) Mom and Dad live in a trailer so we don't have the space and 2) Her house is big enough so we don't step on each other, and 3) We are the only family in Oklahoma and we're central to everybody else.  Also, they don't impose on Grandma.  They come mainly to check on her and make sure she's doing okay.  I get offended when people think we're imposing on her especially after I've explained it several times.  We are not leeches or moochers.

Well, whenever you come to "check in on her", it's invariably to mooch, so I don't see why it's any different for them. There are these things called phones; they're used to call people. Also, automobiles, which can quickly take someone to and fro once they've obviously overstayed what is a reasonable amount of time to be in one person's house without living there and paying the bills.

Old people like to have company - that means people visiting for "a spell" - and not have half the damn "family" (which sounds like a bunch of people who aren't even blood) rotating through the poor lady's bedrooms for weeks and weeks on end like a pay-by-the-hour motel. Except this is one where people make up excuses for free lodging. Didn't she just have a caravan of McPoyles roam through a couple of months ago for the better part of a month?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 07:06:49 PM »

Lief, Thanksgiving and Christmas begin today.

Not Lief, but it's Halloween. They begin on November 27 and December 25, respectively.

Those are the actual holidays, but the holiday season is all in one (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's) and lasts from Halloween Day to New Year's Day.

Only in the mind of a delusional man-child who views holidays like a five year-old. The holidays have already came and passed for you. Your gifts? A family who will put up with your chronic, immoral mooching. Happy Kwanzaa, now go to work!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 07:16:44 PM »

Not Lief, but it's Halloween. They begin on November 27 and December 25, respectively.

Those are the actual holidays, but the holiday season is all in one (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's) and lasts from Halloween Day to New Year's Day.

Only in the mind of a delusional man-child who views holidays like a five year-old. The holidays have already came and passed for you. Your gifts? A family who will put up with your chronic, immoral mooching. Happy Kwanzaa, now go to work!

There is nothing wrong or childish about getting very excited for Christmas in the summer time.  Neither for playing Christmas music anytime of the year.  That is not odd and not wrong and not childish.

Wrong? No, if you had a job and were able to enjoy all of this on your own dime. Odd and childish? Yes, it is, regardless, and probably the best visible indicator to all of us of the frame of mind in which you constantly live.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 07:25:35 PM »

There is nothing wrong or childish about getting very excited for Christmas in the summer time.  Neither for playing Christmas music anytime of the year.  That is not odd and not wrong and not childish.

Wrong? No, if you had a job and were able to enjoy all of this on your own dime. Odd and childish? Yes, it is, regardless, and probably the best visible indicator to all of us of the frame of mind in which you constantly live.

I do have a job, starting Monday, that should take me into 2015 at the worst case scenario, well past Christmas.

If it is childish then that is the best way to view Christmas.  One people group I cannot stand are Scrooges.

It's not scrooge-like to tell a man half-way through his natural life that subconsciously and randomly deeming the holidays to be literally half the year in order to escape reality because he refuses to grow up and support himself is childish. And that's exactly why you do it.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 07:54:09 PM »

There is nothing wrong or childish about getting very excited for Christmas in the summer time.  Neither for playing Christmas music anytime of the year.  That is not odd and not wrong and not childish.

I do have a job, starting Monday, that should take me into 2015 at the worst case scenario, well past Christmas.

If it is childish then that is the best way to view Christmas.  One people group I cannot stand are Scrooges.

It's not scrooge-like to tell a man half-way through his natural life that subconsciously and randomly deeming the holidays to be literally half the year in order to escape reality because he refuses to grow up and support himself is childish. And that's exactly why you do it.

No, it's not at all why I do it.  I do it because I genuinely love Christmas.  I do not use it to escape reality.  I know full well what is going on around me at most times.  And, rarely, outside of Christmas, do I act like a child.  In fact, if anything, I act like a senior citizen.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 09:56:43 AM »

The thing about chain restaurants that I think you are all forgetting is that portion sizes there are usually enormous. I suspect that is the real reason the Brown family frequents them exclusively.

That certainly plays into it.

How much does the Clan Bushie tip, I wonder?  In my experience, as a pizza guy in high school and valet in college, the biggest Christians tip horribly.

We My parents tip based on the service we receive, but usually try to give at least 10-15% unless they are absolutely horrible.

Like I said...

You do understand that servers, for whatever reason, are allowed to be paid far below minimum wage, must deal with many tables and people at a time, are worked ghastly hours, and still have to live off the relative generosity of others, right?  What the hell would qualify as "absolutely horrible" if they get the food to you?  The food is gonna be ready when it's ready, and that has nothing to do with the servers.  I don't ever give less than 25% unless the server literally slapped me across the face.

Don't harangue Bushie about tipping. It's not like it's ever been his money, anyway.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2014, 10:14:45 AM »

The thing about chain restaurants that I think you are all forgetting is that portion sizes there are usually enormous. I suspect that is the real reason the Brown family frequents them exclusively.

That certainly plays into it.

How much does the Clan Bushie tip, I wonder?  In my experience, as a pizza guy in high school and valet in college, the biggest Christians tip horribly.

We My parents tip based on the service we receive, but usually try to give at least 10-15% unless they are absolutely horrible.

Like I said...

You do understand that servers, for whatever reason, are allowed to be paid far below minimum wage, must deal with many tables and people at a time, are worked ghastly hours, and still have to live off the relative generosity of others, right?  What the hell would qualify as "absolutely horrible" if they get the food to you?  The food is gonna be ready when it's ready, and that has nothing to do with the servers.  I don't ever give less than 25% unless the server literally slapped me across the face.

Don't harangue Bushie about tipping. It's not like it's ever been his money, anyway.

The next post I implored him to bring up a tip hike to his parents on moral grounds.  If they can't afford it then why are they eating out so damn much?  

Ah, I missed that. I mean, 15% would be okay assuming they rack up a $100 food tab somewhere perhaps, but we all know they're just swimming around in the Chocolate Fountain at Golden Corral, destroying profit margins as-is. Personally, I usually tip around 30% (because I'm dainty, don't eat much and usually eat frugally when out anyway).
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 10:41:48 AM »

Jesus, Hokey, breathe a bit. Your becoming Inks-like here.

Just be glad he's making declarative statements, instead of peppering Bushie with questions like The Riddler.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2014, 01:20:26 PM »

Tipping 10% is not enough in the US? It seems I've learnt something today!

For the longest, 15% was considered "standard", but more and more of the conservative class as of late seem to want to insist that "I'm only going to tip if the service was excellent because muh free market and earning stuff and blah blah blah!" as a way to be cheap and to make a statement while dining. The problem is that in almost every state, the minimum wage for servers is ~$2.15/hour.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 08:38:25 PM »

If a few people who are situated more closely to Bushie's location are willing to get together, rent a van, kidnap him in the middle of the night, hog tie him and throw him in the back of said van, drive to a rural location in Wyoming or somewhere, throw him out in a cabin 100 miles from civilization with nothing but 60,000 calories of healthy food and water, and come back to pick him up in a month, I'll gladly chip in some seed money.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2014, 08:46:56 PM »

Jeff, bosses want someone who is reliable and who they can count on.  If you are not showing up this early it sends alarm bells about future problems. If they are smart they would rather cut bait early than deal with problems down the road.  You haven't shown real value for them to be able to gamble on potential chronic absenteeism down the line.

What was I supposed to do? Sit there and suffer in extreme pain in silence?

You've been told the cure to eliminating (or at least vastly reducing) your headaches for years. This was a situation you never should've been in in the first place.

It's taken the better part of 40 years to eliminating Mom's headaches.  They're still not totally gone, yet.  I can't eliminate mine overnight.  There is no reason to blame me for waking up with a migraine.  I have not had any chocolate, nor have I had anything real sweet (no cake or anything).  I have been eating better the past two weeks thanks to my mother's and grandmother's cooking.

http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/features/avoiding-food-related-headaches

in summary
>avoid cheese
>avoid nitrates (ham, bacon)
>avoid caffeinated drinks
>avoid bread
>avoid canned foods
>avoid chocolate

But please, enjoy those ham and cheese sandwiches with Coke for lunch.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 08:54:36 PM »

The fact that Bushie continues to ignore the posts relating to the simplest cure for his self-induced headaches - even engaging with parts of posts that have to do with something else, but ignoring the other parts with simple advice for avoiding his headaches - shows that he has both a chronic victim complex and serious mental illness.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 09:40:53 PM »

Even I'm drinking water right now, although I had 5 pops today. It's not that hard to drink water. It even tastes rather refreshing.

Please bring back Popdate!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 09:52:41 PM »

Yes. I seriously doubt Bushie has a special disease that makes the parameters of his headaches different than anyone else. He may not even have his mother's gene. He may have his fathers. It's hard to tell because he eats a diet that would give anybody a headache.

Until he starts drinking near a gallon water a day, eating spinach, mushrooms, avocados with every meal, and still has a headache, then he has a special disease. Otherwise, he's just being unhealthy.

Most health and scientific experts would probably agree not everybody reacts to the same things the exact same way.  It's part of what makes us unique individuals.  Caffeine may be a stimulant for some and a depressant for others.  Caffeine may cause headaches for some, and cure headaches for others.  God did not create everybody the exact same.  He created everybody different.  Nobody is exactly alike, not even identical, biological twins.  That's why the medical and pharmaceutical industries have created so many different medications to treat the same condition.  Not everybody responds to the exact same stimuli the exact same way.  I'm not saying I'm a special case, I'm just saying I am a unique individual.

So you don't require water? Your body is perfectly healthy in a state of constant dehydration?

The Lord created his body without the need for water. He is special. You have no right to question this.  This is the absolute truth. Do not mock his faith!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2014, 09:55:47 PM »

Yes. I seriously doubt Bushie has a special disease that makes the parameters of his headaches different than anyone else. He may not even have his mother's gene. He may have his fathers. It's hard to tell because he eats a diet that would give anybody a headache.

Until he starts drinking near a gallon water a day, eating spinach, mushrooms, avocados with every meal, and still has a headache, then he has a special disease. Otherwise, he's just being unhealthy.

Most health and scientific experts would probably agree not everybody reacts to the same things the exact same way.  It's part of what makes us unique individuals.  Caffeine may be a stimulant for some and a depressant for others.  Caffeine may cause headaches for some, and cure headaches for others.  God did not create everybody the exact same.  He created everybody different.  Nobody is exactly alike, not even identical, biological twins.  That's why the medical and pharmaceutical industries have created so many different medications to treat the same condition.  Not everybody responds to the exact same stimuli the exact same way.  I'm not saying I'm a special case, I'm just saying I am a unique individual.

So you don't require water? Your body is perfectly healthy in a state of constant dehydration?

The Lord created his body without the need for water. He is special. You have no right to question this.  This is the absolute truth. Do not mock his faith!

You're putting words in my mouth...

Well, then how about putting your mouth under a tap and putting some water in it instead?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2014, 10:20:27 PM »

Most health and scientific experts would probably agree not everybody reacts to the same things the exact same way.  It's part of what makes us unique individuals.  Caffeine may be a stimulant for some and a depressant for others.  Caffeine may cause headaches for some, and cure headaches for others.  God did not create everybody the exact same.  He created everybody different.  Nobody is exactly alike, not even identical, biological twins.  That's why the medical and pharmaceutical industries have created so many different medications to treat the same condition.  Not everybody responds to the exact same stimuli the exact same way.  I'm not saying I'm a special case, I'm just saying I am a unique individual.

Everybody requires water.  I will admit I haven't been getting enough lately.

OK. Then I'm assuming that your body works differently? That when you don't receive enough water, your brain tissue doesn't dehydrate to a degree?

My headaches might very well be caused by lack of water.  I've never denied that.  Something has to be causing them.

OK, good ... you're starting to put together some basic cause-and-effect deductions here. So ... in that case, you're saying that your desire for taste overrides the pain you feel in your head that could be caused by you choosing taste over necessity?

Sometimes, yes.

Then what's wrong with getting a glass of water? Unless it's pure laziness or defiance of good suggestion, there's no reason not to hydrate more. Right?

Don't worry: he's planning on getting a glass of water at some point in the future, but do remember that he is trying his best.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies