Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:50:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 152132 times)
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« on: October 19, 2014, 08:29:41 PM »

Have you applied for pizza delivery jobs yet?
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 01:22:42 PM »

bushie serious question:  other folks have asked, but i dont think youve ever given a good answer:  what makes you think you deserve at least $11 an hour?

i have a college degree.  i was out of the work force for a while.  i took a job at wendy's  on the late night shift washing dishes and scrubbing toilets for $8.85 an hour.  because i basically had to.  now, ive a better job.  but it takes work.  not just laying around and watching cable tv all day feeling entitled.

I've replied before that worth has NOTHING to do with it.  I NEED $11+ in order to make the most of my time and ease the burden on Mom and Dad.  I don't know how in the world that's not a good enough answer, but it's the only answer you're going to get.

$8 > $0. It's also been floated that you do not NEED $11+, and that simple lifestyle changes would make the lifestyle tenable (e.g. cooking your own goddamn food)
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 01:24:55 PM »

I have nothing against those working for lower wages, but I am not going to apply for anything paying less.  Everyone here thinks I can only work minimum wage jobs and be stuck there my entire life, but I do deserve to be paid more.  Heck, I'm worth $20 an hour, but I know I won't get it.  $11-$12 is as low as I can go.

All evidence points to the contrary.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 05:13:53 PM »

Bushie should just go on the government dole. When Momma and Papa Bushie croak, he'll be forced to do it then, so he might as well get it over with now.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 06:37:08 PM »

So, tomorrow, I have a CAD interview at 1000 and then will go straight to a Tulsa Career Fair afterwords.  I know no one here believes I will get either job, but is it wrong or misguided for me to have faith in myself and my abilities?

You've demonstrated shoddy abilities time and time again (see: All Update, King's Post), that end up getting you fired from a wide variety of employers. But this isn't where the Atlas community damns you. The community has continually stepped in again and again and told you explicitly things you could and must do to improve your life. You could do CAD(D) prep, or interview prep, learn to cook, or exercise, but you opt to do none of these things and instead sleep for 12 hours, watch TV for 10, nap for 1.5, and then fill out job applications for half an hour.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 11:28:29 AM »

Bushie does not plan to thrive until the afterlife.

He'll be disappointed.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 09:40:49 PM »

Gustaf, it's clear you don't like me.  You have the right to like who you want.  I must disagree that I'm not trying to be a good person.  With the risk of bringing faith into this, I am doing my best to worship and honor and glorify my God.  I fall short in many, many areas, and I have never said I'm perfect and have never meant I'm better than anybody else.  You are right that I'm not a good person.  There is no one good, except God, in the truest sense of the word that He created. He is the only definition of good.  Our definitions of what is good and our good works are indeed filthy rags in His sight.  That's why I'm so thankful for His grace that has cleansed me from all unrighteousness and has saved me from eternity in hell.  I know that through the lens of Christ's blood, I am seen as spotless.  That's the only way I can enter heaven.

I appreciate your honesty, and I've always respected you as a moderator because I've always seen you as fair even to those you do not personally like.

Yours truly,

Bushie

The only definition of ultimate goodness (for a Christian), but clearly there are good people out there and you make it too easy for yourself by just emphasising the dichotomy between God and us sinful humans. You cold clearly get much closer to being a good person and act less egotistical - be careful not to use God as an excuse for not pursuing any self improvement.

I will admit I am a very prideful person by nature.  It's one of the things I struggle with.  It is hard for me to act less egotistical, but I am trying.  I just fail way too many times and repeat the same mistakes over and over.  I take 3 steps forward and 2 1/2 steps back many times.  When I come across as egotistical, it's because it is something I am dealing with between me and God.  As the children's song goes "Don't judge me, yet, there's an unfinished part.  He's still working on me.".  God is still working on me, chiseling away the bad and molding me into the Jeff that He has called me to be.  I'm a tough project and my God is the only one that truly knows me and the only one who can properly mold me and make me.  He knows me better than I know myself (the forum says "Amen", LOL).  He will be working on me until the day I am called home to heaven and receive that perfect, immortal body that is waiting for me.

And here's the root of it all: he has been conditioned to believe he will be given everything that he wants.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 11:11:50 PM »

It really ought to be a good thing that eating out for lunch is apparently too difficult (and in fairness it looks to me like it really is).  Think how much money he'll be saving by bringing a packed lunch each day... oh who am I kidding it'll be six packets of ramen noodles.

So far, I have gone out to eat twice and taken my lunch twice.  When I take my lunch, I have two ham or turkey sandwiches with a slice of cheese on both, a bag of chips, 5 cookies, and a Diet Dr. Pepper.  I have eaten once at Chick-fil-a and once at McDonald's.  i am going to Whataburger tomorrow for lunch.

Dear lord.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 10:36:45 PM »

I once worked a summer job where I could technically 'leave early.' I was required to clock 8 hours on my shift, but if I came in 15 minutes early, they were generally fine with my leaving at 4:45. Granted, I was actually working doing computer programming during that chunk of time and would work from home to get projects done or stay overtime, things which Bushie doesn't do. Nor was I there for less than 8 hours of my day.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 08:34:04 PM »

Jeff, bosses want someone who is reliable and who they can count on.  If you are not showing up this early it sends alarm bells about future problems. If they are smart they would rather cut bait early than deal with problems down the road.  You haven't shown real value for them to be able to gamble on potential chronic absenteeism down the line.

What was I supposed to do? Sit there and suffer in extreme pain in silence?

You've been told the cure to eliminating (or at least vastly reducing) your headaches for years. This was a situation you never should've been in in the first place.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 09:48:56 PM »

Even I'm drinking water right now, although I had 5 pops today. It's not that hard to drink water. It even tastes rather refreshing.

soda*
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies