Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:12:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 152222 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:09 PM »

You are telling me that you dont own a pair of khakis or can't buy something off the rack.  You dont need a bloody tailor...
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 09:49:24 PM »

You are telling me that you dont own a pair of khakis or can't buy something off the rack.  You dont need a bloody tailor...

I've got 3 pair of slacks, I need one more to be comfortable.  I usually wear one pair twice depending on how dirty or sweaty I get.

Holy $hit, do a load of laundry mid week and stop wasting $.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 07:21:15 PM »

Jeff, are you a 10 year old at recess? No, Good. Then don't play at your AutoCADD, work at it damn it.  In the words of the great philosopher, Never Half-Ass Two Things, Whole-Ass One Thing
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 08:51:11 PM »

Don't be so hard on the guy pissing away a grand and gas on one day a week. A man's gotta briefly relax.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 09:28:20 PM »

Jeff, on so many fronts you have ample time. You are either just too lazy or scared to get things done.  Life isnt always sunshine, lollipops, football and brief relaxations. Some things are unpleasant but with discipline you push through them and learn from your experience. Playing around at CADD and putting arbitrary deadlines on developing what should be valuable life skills, so you can dick around and watch football?

You are falling back on your pride as an excuse but this is false pride man. Be better, stop being a jerk off.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 08:52:50 PM »

It's been a good day, guys.  I haven't done a whole lot, just watched football all day.  I have 9 nights and 8 days left until I start work.  I've got one more Sunday worship service tomorrow at my Tulsa church and then I have a fantasy basketball draft tomorrow evening at 1500.  I will be packing while I watch SNF tomorrow night and then I will pack my big computer Monday morning and hope to hit the road to my parents' by 0930.  I will go over to Grandma's tomorrow and set the computer up in the bedroom I will sleep in.  Then, I will go over to my mother's.  It looks like I won't have to go pants shopping as I have found 4 pair of slacks and khakis.  That will save a little bit of money and time.  We'll have our family dinners late next week and the beginning of the following week and then I'll start sleeping over at Grandma's on November 5.  Grandma's niece and nephew are coming in November 12-15, so I'll have to go back over to Mom and Dad's while they are here.  Then, it's just a short week and a half until Thanksgiving.

...bang up time management here Jeff.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 06:40:27 PM »

No, unfortunately.  The AutoCAD computer is not set up, yet and even when it is later this week, we have company coming through for the first half of November, so I won't be able to use the computer with the AutoCAD until they all leave on November 15.

I see you are still preparing to fail.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 06:53:58 PM »

No, unfortunately.  The AutoCAD computer is not set up, yet and even when it is later this week, we have company coming through for the first half of November, so I won't be able to use the computer with the AutoCAD until they all leave on November 15.

I see you are still preparing to fail.

You cannot deduce that from my post.

Past is prologue.  You are a lazy, excuse machine.  Until you ever face reality, make changes and work hard you will continue to fail.  Right now you just waste your own time and others.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 07:26:11 PM »

It is amazing how all of these forces align to leave you no other alternative but to watch sports, engage in idle chit chat and eat cheeseburgers.  We'll get to the bottom of this conspiracy someday, in the meantime I can only offer you my thoughts and prayers.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 09:24:04 PM »

Memphis, I wasn't feeling real well and wasn't real hungry so I let Dad clean up the meat.  I only had 3 sandwiches instead of my normal 4.  The malt I had at lunch kind of upset my stomach a bit.

Haha, hilarious.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 09:32:05 PM »

It is amazing how all of these forces align to leave you no other alternative but to watch sports, engage in idle chit chat and eat cheeseburgers.  We'll get to the bottom of this conspiracy someday, in the meantime I can only offer you my thoughts and prayers.

You're such a sweetheart.  If I had a dad like you when I was growing up, I probably wouldn't be such an asshole today.  Then again, I might have ended up a total weenie.

It is all tragicomic, Angus. Im sure your boy is more independent than Bushie. He quits at the first possible obstacle and shrugs his shoulders, what else am I supposed to do?  Maybe I can get Stelio Kontos to sort him out or I could just hire him for $20 an hour and  go full Drill Sergeant Hartman on him.  But really only Jeff will fix himself.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 08:22:28 PM »

I received some good news today at work.  As I mentioned this afternoon, I started drawing today about 1100 and then continued the rest of the day.  I cleaned and prepped about 30 drawings for the changes that will need to be made to them in the coming weeks and months.  The lead drafter came to review my work at 1645 today and took a look and said "wow! good job!".  That made me feel good.  It's still early, but it is a good start.  Tomorrow morning, I will do some more training, but that should only take an hour or two and then I will get back to drawing again by mid-morning and then should be able to draw most, if not all day, Friday.

Continue to practice, strive for timely, mistake free work and show up- on time without complaint.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 05:43:47 PM »

Hi, guys, it is lunch time.  My head still hurts, but it's not severe and is not stopping me today.  We are starting to get our changes starting to trickle in.  We received changes for four buildings from a base out west.  The lead drafter is having me experiment with a few things on those bases until he can get back to me around 1500.  These experiments won't become permanent on the drawing, so no need to worry.

Bushie, improve my day by saying you are having just one sandwich and water for lunch.

I'm not going to lie like that.  One sandwich plus water is jail food and would leave me starving and cause me to gorge myself on dinner.  That's an unreasonable request.

You know what some dudes in prison are? Freaking ripped and in a lot better shape than you are.  Surely they are getting enough nutrition from a prison food diet of one sandwich.  You just have a gluttony problem and zero self control and discipline.  The reason you are obese and get headaches are largely of your own making.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 06:49:51 PM »

Pat, I realize some inmates are buff.  I guess I could eat that little amount of food, but it would take a heck of a lot of patience and discipline realizing I will never satisfy the hunger.

Jeff, as others have said you have to wean yourself off the volume of food by eating higher quality, less caloric dense food, getting more fluids and eating some veg. Exercise in beginning of a diet can also stave off hunger, ironically.  A lot of time just staying active is key. If you are out doing stuff you are not sitting in front of the computer or tv mindlessly shoveling food in. There is also likely an emotional component here, people can feel unease and eat as a comfort.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 07:09:00 PM »

Patrick is one of the few people who can truly lecture Bushie on this one. He's overcome overwhelming odds to be where he is today.

yes but bushie doesnt care.

he literally doesnt get that his that his obesity will kill him.  he is in serious denial, like any addict.

Thanks Gramps. Yeah, 28 months sober, 140lbs down and keeping it off and 4 promotions in less than 2 years. However, I will not write Jeff off even though he drives me nuts.  I do not think Im special in any way. I put myself in the position I was in and got myself out, with many helping hands along the way of course. I think Jeff and everyone has it in them to improve their lot. Nothing is ever going to be perfect but you have to stay dedicated to continuous improvement.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 07:53:55 PM »

Patrick, first of all, thank you for not giving up on me when it'd be so easy and somewhat justified to do so.  I know things must change and change soon.  I've seen the scale go higher and I need to find a way to curb it.  All these family dinners that I have no control over are not helping, but I can't use that as an excuse.  One big thing is I've been having way too many regular sodas lately.  I need to switch exclusively (as far as pop goes) to Diet Dr Pepper or Diet Coke.  The reason I have sandwiches for lunch is it's the easiest thing to fix for lunch and is slightly better than Ramen or Mac & Cheese bowls.  I just have one small bag of chips and five cookies (usually fig newtons) for lunch with a Diet Dr Pepper.  Tonight for supper I had 3 ribs and a Diet Dr Pepper.  Nothing else.

People starving in famines have no control over how much they eat.  You most certainly do. No one is forcing you to "clean up the meat".  Eat slow and know when to put down the fork.  So you are broke right now and may not have many options, however, you have a computer and can keep track of the caloric level at the very least. You keep your calories down and put your exercise up, you will lose weight at your size. Even if you continue to eat poorly, you should still get some exercise in as it has positive mental impacts too.  With that said, Im going to go workout as its been couple of days. Indolence becomes a habit if you let it.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 08:05:39 PM »

Patrick, first of all, thank you for not giving up on me when it'd be so easy and somewhat justified to do so.  I know things must change and change soon.  I've seen the scale go higher and I need to find a way to curb it.  All these family dinners that I have no control over are not helping, but I can't use that as an excuse.  One big thing is I've been having way too many regular sodas lately.  I need to switch exclusively (as far as pop goes) to Diet Dr Pepper or Diet Coke.  The reason I have sandwiches for lunch is it's the easiest thing to fix for lunch and is slightly better than Ramen or Mac & Cheese bowls.  I just have one small bag of chips and five cookies (usually fig newtons) for lunch with a Diet Dr Pepper.  Tonight for supper I had 3 ribs and a Diet Dr Pepper.  Nothing else.

People starving in famines have no control over how much they eat.  You most certainly do. No one is forcing you to "clean up the meat".  Eat slow and know when to put down the fork.  So you are broke right now and may not have many options, however, you have a computer and can keep track of the caloric level at the very least. You keep your calories down and put your exercise up, you will lose weight at your size. Even if you continue to eat poorly, you should still get some exercise in as it has positive mental impacts too.  With that said, Im going to go workout as its been couple of days. Indolence becomes a habit if you let it.

I can definitely limit myself to one plate at the dinners.  I am not saying that.  I just have no control over when these family dinners occur.

How would I go walk outside for 30 minutes in 30 degree weather, I don't get home until 1745 and it's already nearly pitch black outside.  The last thing I want to do is get back in the car and go to a mall (which there are none real close) and walk for 30 minutes.  That would end up taking 2 hours including the drive and I don't have much time in the evenings to begin with.  Outside of Saturday's, my schedule and location don't lend themselves to walking for 30 minutes.

Well you could start by not being a whiny pu$$y for a few hours.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2014, 08:47:49 PM »

Apologize to yourself.  In the time it took to type out all of these excuses you could have done something. To follow the prison analogy from before, there have been plenty of people trapped in solitary confinement who managed to stay in shape.  You need to figure it out.  It is cold outside, get a jacket. Too dark, find a step- stack some old cadd textbooks if you have to. If you don't feel like it just say it but dont delude yourself into thinking you are trying.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2014, 09:14:43 PM »

This question has been asked for years, how much of Bushie's posts do you think are a troll job? I sincerely hope it is a lot.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2014, 08:03:49 PM »

You will be back in Tulsa by the end of next week

You have absolutely no faith that I can ever do anything good, do you?

Why should he?  You bang in sick a week into the job.  You are burying yourself.  When this job comes to an end; and it looks like it will soon, you really need to sort out your health or you will never make it.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 08:22:59 PM »

Jeff, bosses want someone who is reliable and who they can count on.  If you are not showing up this early it sends alarm bells about future problems. If they are smart they would rather cut bait early than deal with problems down the road.  You haven't shown real value for them to be able to gamble on potential chronic absenteeism down the line.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2014, 12:12:49 AM »

^He probably has some sleep apnea.

This saga has been well past the point of absurd a long time ago, but oh boy.  He is in too much pain to work but he can post about his water drinking habits for countless hours while likely watching basketball and snacking away. He just doesnt feel like doing anything unpleasant or difficult. I would have preferred to plop down and watch sports or workout a bit but I had some work projects to do. I'll likely be tired tomorrow but at least I put it behind me and grabbed control of things. Bushie, is just counting on the good nature and high level of patience from his boss,  a complete stranger, and putting his fate in his hands.  Bad idea brother.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2014, 10:14:14 AM »

He is a postal worker and has 10 years seniority.  The union allows him to take a year sabbatical, come back work for a few days, then take one more year off and still come back to work. 

and we wonder why the post office is bankrupt...

My dad was a letter carrier for 45 years and that doesnt sound right but who knows. However this decision can't be made by the union.  There are very clear guidelines and processes you must follow as a federal employee. 

Frankly someone who does this is not making a sound financial decision since they will be on leave without pay even if they get approved.  So essentially a homemaker and postal worker are taking their kids to Africa with poor education opportunities and no income.  This is bonkers rationally but this is clearly informed by a particular brand of faith.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2014, 07:10:08 PM »

Not surprised by any of this. It is all so predictable by now.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2014, 09:09:41 PM »

Well, as we've already been over in both this specific case and in a broader sense, you act like a child at Christmas because you are under-developed mentally and literally a manchild.

Does it seriously not give you pause to consider that a) there is no logical evidence to suggest that a man named Jesus would have been born in December in the climate of the Levant 2000 years ago (based on the tale of the shepherds tending their flocks), and that b) Christians did not celebrate Christmas until those idolaters known as Catholics adopted the celebration from Pagans in order to convince them to convert?

#callmeascroogeanddeflect

Heretic,  eh if only my boys the Dominicans were still running the Inquisition.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies