Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:47:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 153065 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« on: October 21, 2014, 04:57:28 AM »

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 06:41:44 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2014, 10:06:53 PM by politicus »

Gustaf, it's clear you don't like me.  You have the right to like who you want.  I must disagree that I'm not trying to be a good person.  With the risk of bringing faith into this, I am doing my best to worship and honor and glorify my God.  I fall short in many, many areas, and I have never said I'm perfect and have never meant I'm better than anybody else.  You are right that I'm not a good person.  There is no one good, except God, in the truest sense of the word that He created. He is the only definition of good.  Our definitions of what is good and our good works are indeed filthy rags in His sight.  That's why I'm so thankful for His grace that has cleansed me from all unrighteousness and has saved me from eternity in hell.  I know that through the lens of Christ's blood, I am seen as spotless.  That's the only way I can enter heaven.

I appreciate your honesty, and I've always respected you as a moderator because I've always seen you as fair even to those you do not personally like.

Yours truly,

Bushie

The only definition of ultimate goodness (for a Christian), but clearly there are good people out there and you make it too easy for yourself by just emphasising the dichotomy between God and us sinful humans. You could clearly get much closer to being a good person and act less egotistical - be careful not to use God as an excuse for not pursuing any self improvement.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 04:48:36 AM »

Whether or not I "like" somebody seems immaterial to me in a political campaign. I'm looking for a Congressman, not a date. Why do people favor personal details over actual positions? This drives me Inksing crazy!

Most American have a rudimentary to non-existent understanding of even the basics of public policy.

This is true of all people though. Most Swedish voters don't even know what government we have.

Sounds unlikely.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 10:24:01 PM »

FWIW, 2 sandwiches is bare minimum, but 3 sandwiches is too much even for me.

2 is "bare minimum", while 3 is too much?  Doesn't that mean that 2 is both bare minimum and absolute maximum?

2 1/2
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 04:38:56 PM »

Women, of course, are significantly more likely to be religious than men...

Let's have a terrific Atlas conversation as to why that may be.

Let's not.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies