CO-Mellman (D): Udall+3 in internal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:49:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  CO-Mellman (D): Udall+3 in internal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: CO-Mellman (D): Udall+3 in internal  (Read 2508 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2014, 01:06:27 PM »

Yes. Therefore this specific internal poll 4 years later in a different state with a different set of candidates is most likely correct ... because math and science. And because Gardner is an extreme extremisty extremist. Abortion!

5150 time. Please, calm down, no one likes overly dramatic posts. Again, I'm standing by my predictions, thanks.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2014, 01:08:04 PM »

Yes. Therefore this specific internal poll 4 years later in a different state with a different set of candidates is most likely correct ... because math and science. And because Gardner is an extreme extremisty extremist. Abortion!

5150 time. Please, calm down, no one likes overly dramatic posts. Again, I'm standing by my predictions, thanks.
The 5150 meme is getting really, really old. Did you just figure it out today? Because your giving KC Spanking Dem a run for his money.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2014, 01:11:50 PM »

The 5150 meme is getting really, really old. Did you just figure it out today? Because your giving KC Spanking Dem a run for his money.

You are on my ignore list, so stop posting to me. It's annoying.
JRP1994

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2014, 01:23:27 PM »

Nice to know Gardner is up 3.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2014, 01:27:54 PM »

You are on my ignore list, so stop posting to me. It's annoying.
If I am on your ignore list, you could be a reasonable person, and you know, ignore me.

Somebody better 5150 you if your this sensitive.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2014, 01:38:05 PM »

5150? What the hell does that mean?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2014, 01:40:22 PM »

Involuntary psychiatric hold. It's only a joke, not meant to be taken seriously.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2014, 02:30:18 PM »

Mellman is getting it right by choosing to poll hispanics. Quinnipaic, rassmussen, etc are NOT choosing to poll hispanic voters. It drives me insane.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2014, 02:56:34 PM »

Involuntary psychiatric hold. It's only a joke, not meant to be taken seriously.

I just know it as Baker Acting.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2014, 04:18:15 PM »

Mellman is getting it right by choosing to poll hispanics. Quinnipaic, rassmussen, etc are NOT choosing to poll hispanic voters. It drives me insane.
Oh, please. Do you really think quinnipiac, susa, ppp are all choosing to poll no hispanics at all?

Every single internal poll on both sides is skewed, at least a little, to favor the candidate it's conducted for, and shouldn't be trusted. Simple fact.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2014, 04:51:58 PM »

Mellman was the only one to get Reid's victory right in 2010.

This isn't Nevada though. Nor is it 2010. Citing one right answer doesn't make them automatically more reliable than all of the other reliable pollsters that put Gardner ahead.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2014, 04:53:09 PM »

This isn't Nevada though. Nor is it 2010. Citing one right answer doesn't make them automatically more reliable than all of the other reliable pollsters that put Gardner ahead.

FWIW, Mellman got Heitkamp's win right as well.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2014, 04:54:56 PM »

This is an internal.

I indeed believe Udall will win, but not by 3, and polls should give gardner the edge right now: Udall should be saved by a higher expected turnout.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2014, 05:07:27 PM »

I actually can't find Mellman's North Dakota. But either way, Nevada and this Colorado race are entirely different situations. If there is a couple more head-on situations, I guess this could go along with legitimate polls, but that doesn't mean we should dismiss all the other legitimate polls.

On the subject of North Dakota, Pharos Research got it right in an earlier poll (49-48 Heitkamp), but it was also within margin-of-error for Mason-Dixon, even if their poll was 47-45 Berg.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2014, 05:47:01 PM »

Mellman was also the only pollster to call Shelley Berkeley's win.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2014, 05:53:55 PM »

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/elections/political-eye-pollster-tracked-berkleys-ups-downs

You must be logged in to read this quote.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2014, 05:59:31 PM »

Interesting that she did not choose to publicly release those internal polls showing her behind, instead publicly releasing polls showing her with a three-point lead. Will we hear after the election that Udall's internals privately showed him trailing as well?
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2014, 06:12:49 PM »

Interesting that she did not choose to publicly release those internal polls showing her behind, instead publicly releasing polls showing her with a three-point lead. Will we hear after the election that Udall's internals privately showed him trailing as well?

Link.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2014, 06:54:24 PM »

What were Mellman's results for NV? Even if they had Berkley winning by 1 point, they were closer to the end result than the other pollsters which had Heller up 3-5 points.

As the link showed, the poll that Berkeley chose to release had her up by 3 points, which was further from the actual result than PPP or Marist were (albeit barely closer than SurveyUSA)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2014, 06:59:55 PM »

What were Mellman's results for NV? Even if they had Berkley winning by 1 point, they were closer to the end result than the other pollsters which had Heller up 3-5 points.

As the link showed, the poll that Berkeley chose to release had her up by 3 points, which was further from the actual result than PPP or Marist were (albeit barely closer than SurveyUSA)

Yeah, I deleted it once I saw the link. Tongue
chrisras
Rookie
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2014, 08:29:23 PM »

It's never a good sign when campaigns start releasing internal polls.  It's a sign that the candidate is going to lose.  That's what always happens.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2014, 09:09:56 PM »

Mellman was the third most accurate pollster in 2012...

D internal tho toss it!
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2014, 09:17:50 PM »

It's never a good sign when campaigns start releasing internal polls.  It's a sign that the candidate is going to lose.  That's what always happens.

Mellman had an R+0.0 bias in 2012.
fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/10/which-polls-fared-best-and-worst-in-the-2012-presidential-race (can't post links, sorry)
If you have the impression that partisan pollsters are trash, that impression comes from all the trashy R pollsters.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2014, 09:33:33 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2014, 09:35:50 PM by Invisible Obama »

Read it again, they never publicly released any internals in the last couple of weeks, when Berkley was down 1-2 points consistently, as it wouldn't make sense to release polls with your candidate trailing. If the internals showed Berkley down 1-2 points in the last couple of weeks, that was very accurate to the actual result. The polls showing Berkley up were released earlier in the month, not right before the election.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2014, 09:41:04 PM »

Read it again, they never publicly released any internals in the last couple of weeks, when Berkley was down 1-2 points consistently, as it wouldn't make sense to release polls with your candidate trailing.
And that's a big part of why you can't trust internals. Candidates have their pollsters take tons of different polls at varying times with varying sample sizes and 'push' questions, and then release the one they like the best regardless of its validity.

Public Pollsters, on the other hand, release every poll they take, not just the ones they personally like the results of.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies