RIP MattVT, FF
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:38:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  RIP MattVT, FF
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RIP MattVT, FF  (Read 1152 times)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 19, 2014, 03:46:33 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=199885.0
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=200218.0
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=200301.0

You must be logged in to read this quote.

RIP
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 03:50:22 PM »

RIP the trot

joke
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 04:15:29 PM »

Im pretty sure those arent consecutive votes if the legislation is being considered simultaneously.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 05:35:57 PM »

If you can't trust Matt to be active in a regional legislature, how can you trust Matt to help in actively leading this whole nation as a Senator? That's something Northeast voters should keep in mind when they go to the polls this week.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 05:45:22 PM »

Matt is a friend, but I must withdraw my endorsement.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 05:46:39 PM »

If you can't trust Matt to be active in a regional legislature, how can you trust Matt to help in actively leading this whole nation as a Senator? That's something Northeast voters should keep in mind when they go to the polls this week.

Alright, I've got to say something. It's not like this isn't a perfectly valid criticism in isolation, but you realise literally no one is fooled or convinced by your new "I'm a loyal Laborite" act, right? Trying to avoid a primary is completely understandable but you're going about it with the subtlety of a jackhammer. It stands out a bit when you pledge to "support any candidate who runs against the awful TNF" or whatever and then turn around and say you won't make an endorsement once you hear that the party wants to get rid of you. I can't imagine Adam Griffin et al have magically forgotten your past votes. Just a tip.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 06:37:57 PM »

Alright, I've got to say something. It's not like this isn't a perfectly valid criticism in isolation, but you realise literally no one is fooled or convinced by your new "I'm a loyal Laborite" act, right? Trying to avoid a primary is completely understandable but you're going about it with the subtlety of a jackhammer. It stands out a bit when you pledge to "support any candidate who runs against the awful TNF" or whatever and then turn around and say you won't make an endorsement once you hear that the party wants to get rid of you. I can't imagine Adam Griffin et al have magically forgotten your past votes. Just a tip.

It's true that I remember everyone's transgressions, and can report that he's still disappointed the Labor Party (or any party, for that matter) less than the guy who founded a left-wing party before going independent before joining a non-ideological party before joining a far-left wing party before running for a right-wing party's nomination before rejoining a far-left wing party before going independent after securing a court nomination before joining a non-ideological party before practically endorsing a right-winger for President
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 06:40:31 PM »

I mean the difference is I'm not in a position where I'm painfully obviously trying to avoid being primaried in a gubernatorial election by my own party but if you guys are seriously pinning your flag to this particular mast now more power to you.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 06:42:05 PM »

It's true that I remember everyone's transgressions, and can report that he's still disappointed the Labor Party (or any party, for that matter) less than the guy who founded a left-wing party before going independent before joining a non-ideological party before joining a far-left wing party before running for a right-wing party's nomination before rejoining a far-left wing party before going independent after securing a court nomination before joining a non-ideological party before practically endorsing a right-winger for President

the tired divide and conquer tactics going back years now are probably not going anywhere despite the transparent nature its assumed.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 06:42:51 PM »

Irrespective of your grandstanding or mine, oakvale, the people of the Midwest will decide the outcome of any election. I'm not sure why you feel the name to namedrop, seeing as how I'll be done with party politics by the time that election occurs.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 11:04:38 PM »

The Northeast is teaching religious doctrine on marriage in the public schools?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 12:47:33 AM »

I deeply apologize for all of this. There really has been a lot of real life sh**t going on over literally the past year with the family back in Vermont, and I've tried to stay active and productive in a game I, and everyone else here enjoys. I understand what people are saying: "Well if you can't serve actively in the assembly, then how are you going to serve in the senate?" I'm running for senator to give the voters a choice, and to give them an alternative voice. I greatly respect Senator Bore, but I wanted this election to actually be an election. When I decided to run, it appeared as though the race may be uncontested, (Mr. Lief joined very recently). All I know, is that if Labor goes on the offensive about my track record, or anybody else's, they aren't in any position to defend theirs.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 12:48:38 AM »

At least I'm not an obese black guy who can't get laid.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 05:17:52 AM »

Matt for President.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 06:20:04 AM »

The late Brother MattVT shall be, from now on, known as Venerable MattVT, with canonization process being opened.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 06:38:45 AM »

I deeply apologize for all of this. There really has been a lot of real life sh**t going on over literally the past year with the family back in Vermont, and I've tried to stay active and productive in a game I, and everyone else here enjoys. I understand what people are saying: "Well if you can't serve actively in the assembly, then how are you going to serve in the senate?" I'm running for senator to give the voters a choice, and to give them an alternative voice. I greatly respect Senator Bore, but I wanted this election to actually be an election. When I decided to run, it appeared as though the race may be uncontested, (Mr. Lief joined very recently). All I know, is that if Labor goes on the offensive about my track record, or anybody else's, they aren't in any position to defend theirs.

Again, I hope everything clears up RL. That is obviously your first priority.

However, your last sentence doesn't make any sense. You are running against Senator Bore, not the Labor Party, and his track record is quite easily defensible, especially since your campaign or anyone supporting your campaign has failed to give a reason why you'd be superior to him in the Senate besides that "you'd work across party-lines" or canned nonsense like that. Although you can dispute allegations of inactivity on your part, you definitely cannot try to defend that with a strawman attack on an entire party.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 07:32:28 AM »

Hmmm, I miss the reference, Fitz isn't a fat black guy!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2014, 07:32:57 AM »

No, that was LeBron's ill burn on poor Simfan.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2014, 07:33:57 AM »

Ohhhhhhhh, that's really not nice. Sad
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2014, 08:16:27 AM »

Ohhhhhhhh, that's really not nice. Sad

And at the same time, Adam can't take even the mildest joke about him without acting like an oversensitive 10-years old.

Typical.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2014, 11:55:28 AM »

First I'd like to echo Governor Talleyrand in saying that real life is always the priority, I think everyone here accepts that.

Having said that, I also think it's pretty clear that my record is very easy to defend, both here and more generally. I have never ever been inactive in office and during my time in the senate, which seems to make even some of the most active atlasians sluggish I have always been one of the most active senators.

More generally I'm unclear where my record is indefensible.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2014, 12:14:36 PM »

First I'd like to echo Governor Talleyrand in saying that real life is always the priority, I think everyone here accepts that.

Having said that, I also think it's pretty clear that my record is very easy to defend, both here and more generally. I have never ever been inactive in office and during my time in the senate, which seems to make even some of the most active atlasians sluggish I have always been one of the most active senators.

More generally I'm unclear where my record is indefensible.

I think he's criticizing Labor, not as much you, bore.

In any event, I think this whole thing is rather silly. Matt is running for a competitive election, and is a great choice for Senate. Bore has been a great Senator, and is a true moderate. I think anyone's default position should be "conflicted" or "unsure" -- or at least borderline one of those two. I am supporting Bore, because I don't think we need a change right now, he's been doing a good job. I'm sure that Matt would do as great of a job...or an even better job as Governor Wink
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2014, 09:46:06 PM »

Yes, I always find it amusing when people (and this isn't the first time) try to paint John Bore'a of all people as some sort of extremist or party-line hack with a terrible record. The facts are out there, and it's simply never been true. With the exception of Yankee (who for all we know is a robot), there's no one in the Senate who has a better record when it comes to activity and voting how he believes is best for the region and the country. For some reason, it seems like John Bore'a gets subjected to this line of attack more than any other Labor Senator, and because it's hogwash, it always backfires.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies