I'm freakin pissed right now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:08:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm freakin pissed right now
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm freakin pissed right now  (Read 658 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2014, 11:11:44 AM »

I know I know, another attention whoring thread.

Basically, my boss just chewed me out for a mistake that was mostly the fault of another person in another department.  I had to go home and take an early lunch so I wouldn't go into his office and cuss him out at high volume and then end up back home with my folks by the end of next week.  I'm just so mad right now because it seems like at my job I get blamed for everything under the sun and no one holds the people in our other departments responsible for our "loss of credibility" when it's pretty clear that I can only do my job whenever everyone else finally decides to read their emails about five weeks after the fact.

I'm trying not to take this sh*t personally, but it just really pissed me off more than anything I can think of in the past year.  I thought about just typing out a hypothetical email to my boss and the department in question in Microsoft Word and then saving it but not sending it like business school recommended, but this seemed to be a better outlet for some reason.

Just had to get this off my chest.

-Mecha
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 11:33:34 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that Mecha Sad.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 11:36:28 AM »

Sorry to hear this, mech.

Take two of these:

TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 11:36:49 AM »

That sucks.  I wish you the best and hope your job works out for you.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 11:40:35 AM »

I'd start looking for a new job. I had something similar happen to me a few years back and just quit that day. I wouldn't recommend being that haste since it was a rough go trying to land on my feet again, but still, I managed.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 11:46:54 AM »

Working is stupid.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 09:38:52 PM »

I'm pissed in a different way, comrade.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 12:10:02 AM »

This very much depends on the type of boss you have, but would it help you out to have a one-on-one wherein you own the issue (whether it was your fault or not), point out the need for teamwork to ensure it doesn't happen again and recommend some accountability solutions that can promote better communication with those who haven't been holding up their end?

Again, it all depends on whether you boss is just a "boss" or is actually some semblance of a leader, but some managers would admire that sort of solution-oriented thinking.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 12:26:31 AM »

you still holding off on the booze?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 04:57:02 AM »

This very much depends on the type of boss you have, but would it help you out to have a one-on-one wherein you own the issue (whether it was your fault or not), point out the need for teamwork to ensure it doesn't happen again and recommend some accountability solutions that can promote better communication with those who haven't been holding up their end?

Again, it all depends on whether you boss is just a "boss" or is actually some semblance of a leader, but some managers would admire that sort of solution-oriented thinking.

I'd second this.  Speaking from personal experience, what J-Man is describing can work really well with the right type of boss.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 07:08:26 AM »

Back.

I think I overreacted lol.  Rereading my boss's email I think it was a very general comment on what happens when we pay the wrong vendor, regardless of whose fault it is.

God, I feel like an idiot.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 10:50:57 AM »

Back.

I think I overreacted lol.  Rereading my boss's email I think it was a very general comment on what happens when we pay the wrong vendor, regardless of whose fault it is.

This happened over email!?

Good call on taking some time to cool off. Emails are notorious for being misunderstood because of the lack of tone and emotion. You read them as you want to read them. Given the description, I was picturing that your boss actually walked up to you and yelled at you and refused to hear your side of the issue!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 11:01:01 AM »

Damn, it was almost RIP MECHAMAN.......easy big boy.  Whew.  Smiley
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2014, 11:21:44 AM »

Back.

This happened over email!?

Good call on taking some time to cool off. Emails are notorious for being misunderstood because of the lack of tone and emotion. You read them as you want to read them. Given the description, I was picturing that your boss actually walked up to you and yelled at you and refused to hear your side of the issue!

My bad, lol.

Sorry everybody.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2014, 12:10:49 PM »

While Sassy Mechaman is definitely as good as Sassy Bushie, his ability to make sensible decisions on his own does not make for the same compelling Oklahoman drama.

D+ on the pilot episode.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies