CO-Latino Decisions/NCLRAF: Udall wallops Gardner among Latinos (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:46:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  CO-Latino Decisions/NCLRAF: Udall wallops Gardner among Latinos (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO-Latino Decisions/NCLRAF: Udall wallops Gardner among Latinos  (Read 2829 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 20, 2014, 11:56:20 AM »

This is interesting. I remember in 2012, the polls that showed Romney-Obama tightening all had sub samples in every state of Obama only winning Latinos 55-40 or the like but Latino Decisions came with 73-21 Obama and that was right.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 01:40:56 PM »

This will be an interesting test of political power. Udalls have a serious machine here in Northern NM pulling Hispanics out, not to mention environmentalists. I imagine that carries into Southern CO. Hickenlooper's brewing ties also make him a huge establishment favorite in CO.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 04:51:44 PM »

I think we can trust Latino Decisions to capture the mood of Latino voters accurately.
The question now arising: Why is Udall so heavily favored compared to Gardner?

74% support raising the minimum wage, 75% are against loosening EPA restrictions, 84% support Medicaid expansion.

The issues Gardner has moderated himself on aren't issues the Hispanics of Colorado care about.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 07:29:01 PM »

inoritelmao
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 08:14:36 PM »

But let's come back to the point of discussion.

I fully understand the support that the Latinos have for raising the minimum wage. After all, the majority of Latinos have minimum wage jobs. I further understand their support for expanding Medicaid. However, I don't understand their support for the EPA. In fact, their support for the EPA, if real, is a sign that they are misinformed. Because, if the EPA were restrained a bit, there would be more jobs and better paying jobs for Latinos and others.

They live in the west. They like the trees. They don't want to sacrifice so it can be profitable for dairy farmers and coal mines to dump waste in the river.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 07:37:55 AM »

Yes, by supporting Medicaid, the EPA, and the minimum wage.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies