Opinion of FreedomHawk
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:30:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of FreedomHawk
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Opinion of FreedomHawk
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 87

Author Topic: Opinion of FreedomHawk  (Read 3554 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 08:10:27 AM »

Awful mysoginistic trash.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2014, 09:14:20 AM »

More like FreedomCawk
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2014, 04:10:04 PM »

An MRA is polling net FF. wow
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2014, 09:11:32 AM »

Likes to call out Democrats for polling interpretation while never doing so. Turn that avatar blue.

He's not a troll or anything, though. Just biased, as myself often can be. FF
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2014, 12:19:54 PM »

Ehh, after recent statements I feel obligated to vote HP.

I will not pretend that cheerleaders are feminist icons but FreedomHawk's statements were clearly too far into Angry Frustrated Straight White Male territory for any reasonable doubt.  As well, I find his resentment and disdain for the attitudes of cheerleaders he knew as a reason he didn't find it to be a sport extremely illogical, irrational, and strange.  There were much better ways to voice the opinion that many cheerleaders are self-entitled egoists than the way he did it (like starting a thread with a question like "why is there a culture of ingrained entitlement among high school football players and cheerleaders?" and start out with a post to the effect of "In my experience I've found that quite a few of the popular athletes at my school feel like they are entitled or are just better than everyone else.  Why is that?").  Namely, the laser focus on cheerleaders with no focus at all on male athletics (which in my opinion are just as prone if not more so than cheerleading squads to that kind of mentality) is what kind of seals the deal on Hawk.

My first piece of sage advice would be for him to avoid things (and people) that frustrate him so much.  It seems counterproductive, frankly.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2014, 01:02:05 PM »

Warning: Incoming Sanchez Sage.

Ehh, after recent statements I feel obligated to vote HP.

I will not pretend that cheerleaders are feminist icons but FreedomHawk's statements were clearly too far into Angry Frustrated Straight White Male territory for any reasonable doubt.  As well, I find his resentment and disdain for the attitudes of cheerleaders he knew as a reason he didn't find it to be a sport extremely illogical, irrational, and strange.  There were much better ways to voice the opinion that many cheerleaders are self-entitled egoists than the way he did it (like starting a thread with a question like "why is there a culture of ingrained entitlement among high school football players and cheerleaders?" and start out with a post to the effect of "In my experience I've found that quite a few of the popular athletes at my school feel like they are entitled or are just better than everyone else.  Why is that?").  Namely, the laser focus on cheerleaders with no focus at all on male athletics (which in my opinion are just as prone if not more so than cheerleading squads to that kind of mentality) is what kind of seals the deal on Hawk.

My first piece of sage advice would be for him to avoid things (and people) that frustrate him so much.  It seems counterproductive, frankly.
^^
FreedomHawk is not an HP. He, being 16, is naturally going to be inclined to making some less than informed opinions. I know I made my fair share of bad posts back in 2011. Hell, I'm only two years older and still make bad posts all the time.

Part of the reason I love this forum so much is that posters like Mechaman, Nathan, etc, aren't interested in throwing you into the flames but rather "rehabilitating" (poor wording, I guess) you and refining you as both a poster and a person. I know that three years later I cringe at some of the rhetoric I threw around, and I know that in time FreedomHawk will chose his wording more carefully.

Now, on the subject of the thread itself: I have found, at my school at least, that this stereotypical “jock culture” extends beyond athletics. There is a very vocal and active group of students, male and female, who are hated by the entire school yet also worshipped. They are friends and have been for years, are all extroverted to the maximum extent, and are all consumed with holding parties. This group of about twenty or so students even lobbied the school unsuccessfully to give them a luxurious cruise for our senior trip, just so they can get “f[Inks]ed up.” I myself had a friend-a friend who I quickly fell for-who has totally abandoned me to befriend these people. What she has done has been just another kick in the gut in a series of kicks. Frankly, it is unfair to blame anyone to harbor resentment towards this group of people, but I have found a happy middle. On one hand, who am I to hate a group of people for enjoying their life while I wallow in misery. The solution isn’t some disturbed, consuming, Elliot Rogersish hatred of them or to call for the liquidation of the kulaks. And the solution certainly isn’t to form some type of Ayn Rand fetish where I berate myself and beat myself into being more like them. Just ignore them, realize that their “aurora” is solely based around their own internal ass-kissing, and move on. I don’t need constant reminders about some suburban pseudo redneck guy’s truck, because I have a car. He can get it stuck in the mud all he want, and his girlfriend can take all the repetitive, grainy instagram pictures of her on the beach all she wants, because at the end of the day, I simply have better things to do and look forward too.

Also, why the hell do they all wear hoodies in 85 degree weather? That really grinds my gears.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2014, 05:05:41 PM »

I do agree with Sanchez in that we shouldn't blanket condemn people who make some boobs in their early posting period. In the case of the Cheerleader thread; it's quite funny to us, but for Hawk it's simply something he'll look back at and cringe (hopefully).

From my experience of school, a person's "social position" had really no effect on their enjoyability. Some nerds were resentful stuck-up pricks, some were awesome people who everyone liked. Some "popular" people were inane and dreadful, but most were really good friends and great, intelligent people.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2014, 05:09:46 PM »

FF for being present target of BRTD's obsession.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2014, 06:11:19 PM »

Anyone who has 'Freedom' in the user name generally ruffles my feathers.

Plus, he's 16 - with all of what being a 16 year old political junkie entails. FYI - most of it is bad. I don't think he's a bad kid, just very blinkered with no life experience yet.

Hopefully, he'll look back on many of his posts and cringe. I know if this place were active when I was his age, I'm pretty sure my postings would have been max cringe.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2014, 04:28:57 PM »

Thank God he cut the crap and changed av colours.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2014, 06:15:31 PM »

Anyone who has 'Freedom' in the user name generally ruffles my feathers.

Plus, he's 16 - with all of what being a 16 year old political junkie entails. FYI - most of it is bad. I don't think he's a bad kid, just very blinkered with no life experience yet.

Hopefully, he'll look back on many of his posts and cringe. I know if this place were active when I was his age, I'm pretty sure my postings would have been max cringe.

About this.

He's a good reason why these polls need an "undecided/mixed" option, but then too many of us would cop out with that. Grin
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2014, 02:00:22 AM »

FreedomHawk is a fitting username because he has the cognitive capabilities of a bird.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2014, 02:44:49 AM »

FreedomHawk is a fitting username because he has the cognitive capabilities of a bird.

And is a straight A student that has already earned the respect of his state representative and senator and was the highest GPA in his grade for two years now...
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2014, 04:25:53 AM »

And is a straight A student that has already earned the respect of his state representative and senator and was the highest GPA in his grade for two years now...

The fact that you think it's noteworthy that you've earned the respect of your state representative and your state senator confirms my suspicion that you have a bird brain.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2014, 05:17:10 AM »

Thank God he cut the crap and changed av colours.

Yeah, that's a plus.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2014, 05:23:15 AM »

But are you studying at Oxford?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2014, 09:44:26 AM »

Freedomhawk, is that you posting, or is that your grandmother bragging about you to her knitting club again?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2014, 11:40:34 AM »

'Was abstaining on this and giving him the benefit of the doubt but calling for the 17th Amendment to be repealed is pretty HP-ish.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2014, 01:19:01 PM »

The fact that you think it's noteworthy that you've earned the respect of your state representative and your state senator confirms my suspicion that you have a bird brain.
Allen West knows me on a first name basis, and I worked for my former State Representatives campaign. And I am pretty sure both have forgotten who I am.

What really matter is if the people who manage or work on their campaigns know of you.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2014, 02:44:00 PM »

Get back to us when you're dating a cheerleader.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2014, 02:54:52 PM »

Get back to us when you're dating a cheerleader.

I actually am. Different school. Actually a good person
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2014, 03:31:56 PM »

FreedomHawk is the Alpha Male of this forum.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2014, 06:14:29 PM »

I'm guessing you have 300 confirmed kills and you're the top sniper in the US armed forces too?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2014, 06:17:51 PM »

I'm guessing you have 300 confirmed kills and you're the top sniper in the US armed forces too?
An does he watch Disney or DisneyXD?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2014, 08:23:42 PM »

I like the song better.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies