John Hickenlooper: I don't like Obamacare (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:25:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  John Hickenlooper: I don't like Obamacare (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John Hickenlooper: I don't like Obamacare  (Read 1852 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: October 23, 2014, 06:11:35 AM »
« edited: October 23, 2014, 06:14:29 AM by Sbane »

He's not as hated as someone like Tennant because he's actually going to win his election for his party, and spine or not, he did end up signing the gun bills.

And say what he wants, his state did expand Medicaid and did their own exchange, so I assume that's why everyone blows off his stance on the ACA. Just like everyone blows off his position on recreational marijuana legalization.

So people didn't actually care about what Tennant said, they just cared that she was losing while saying it? That doesn't really make sense to me. I didn't particularly care about her comments since she's in West Virginia and Manchin basically did the same thing in 2010 (and nobody seemed to care then), but Atlas's thread on the subject would make you think she was Satan incarnate. I didn't particularly care about Hickenlooper's gun comments either, but combined with this one it seems as if it's becoming a trend.

Hickenlooper has always been a moderate (remember, he is pro-fracking). He's only been perceived as liberal because the legislature was very liberal and passing liberal laws, basically forcing him to sign them. He was never out in front advocating for any of those bills though.

It's not really about whether or not he's a moderate though. It's about his ridiculously transparent backpedalling after the fact. He had a choice to veto the gun bill, not to set up Obamacare exchanges, etc. and he didn't. That was his position, so stick with it. The whole "I didn't really want to do those things, but the legislature/Obama/my staffer MADE me!" is pretty weak and makes him look incredibly spineless.

Just based on the video, you seem to be misinterpreting his comments. He said it should have been rolled out state by state and he did set up his own exchange in Colorado. So essentially he did what he thinks should have been done in every other state. He also seems to want the states to have more control in establishing the rules, which is a more controversial position.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies