Taft-Hartley Reinstatement Act (Tabled)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:45:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Taft-Hartley Reinstatement Act (Tabled)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Taft-Hartley Reinstatement Act (Tabled)  (Read 1243 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2014, 05:14:29 AM »

Aye

I have no confidence in JCL's ability to do anything to alter this bill.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2014, 03:50:44 PM »

Abstain.

The motion has enough votes to pass, this bill is tabled.

Aye (5)Sad Senator TNF, Senator Bore, Senator Polnut, Senator Nix and Senator Cynic.
Nay (2)Sad Senator JCL and Senator Yankee.
Abstained (2)Sad Senator Deus and PPT Lumine.

Not Voting (1)Sad Senator Cassius.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2014, 04:35:39 PM »

Bore, you're lack of confidence is disappointing. I was actually considering changes. I'm just gonna have to reintroduce this bill with said changes in the new session.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2014, 05:50:02 PM »

Bore, you're lack of confidence is disappointing. I was actually considering changes. I'm just gonna have to reintroduce this bill with said changes in the new session.

This thing is never going away is it...
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2014, 09:38:15 PM »

This thing is never going away is it...

Not until we have a fair debate and our governments overly pro-labor union policies are critically examined and possibly changed to a more neutral position. For this bill to be tabled without a fair, honest, passionate, and civil debate is disappointing.

I was hoping you, Lumine, Deus, and I work together on such a project but Lumine will likely be President elect so that kinda makes my idea moot. 😔

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2014, 09:55:20 PM »

Passion is not what was necessary, it was reason and logic.

It would be different if you could give some recent examples where this problem is being experienced. As it just seems a lot of anti-union right-wing talking points.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2014, 10:34:31 PM »

It would be different if you could give some recent examples where this problem is being experienced. As it just seems a lot of anti-union right-wing talking points.

Fair and honest is reason and logic. Show me where letting unions running roughshod over management and denying secret ballot has been beneficial to the individual worker more than the union lobbies that fill the coffers of many powerful Atlasians?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2014, 10:44:14 PM »

Fair and honest is reason and logic. Show me where letting unions running roughshod over management and denying secret ballot has been beneficial to the individual worker more than the union lobbies that fill the coffers of many powerful Atlasians?

Again... no examples. As this was your Bill and this wouldn't be a tiny reform, the onus is on you to show why this needs to be addressed.

There's a lot of flowery and passionate language, but no indications of a specific problem that requires remedy, and this specific remedy.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2014, 10:46:53 PM »

Again... no examples. As this was your Bill and this wouldn't be a tiny reform, the onus is on you to show why this needs to be addressed.

There's a lot of flowery and passionate language, but no indications of a specific problem that requires remedy, and this specific remedy.

The onus is on the left who repealed the law without consideration it's consequences.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2014, 10:56:41 PM »

The onus is on the left who repealed the law without consideration it's consequences.

No. That's not how advocacy works.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2014, 12:26:15 AM »

You introduced the bill. If you can't advocate for it, then why bother? It's clear most of us don't agree with you. YOU have to convince US. Not the other way around. Until you do, I'm sure we'll be happy to keep beating it. I'll be glad to as long as I'm here.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies