Biggest Hacks on Atlas?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:35:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Biggest Hacks on Atlas?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Biggest Hacks on Atlas?  (Read 1941 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2014, 10:39:55 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2014, 01:17:12 AM »

Seems as good candidate:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=12007
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2014, 02:50:21 AM »

You know, an "independent" who cries over Bob McDonnell's conviction probably shouldn't accuse others of being hacks.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2014, 01:19:11 AM »

I'm surprised BTRD hasn't been mentioned yet.

I don't make outlandish predictions. You never saw me predicting Obama was going to win Georgia or that Alison Grimes or Amanda Curtis is going to win or anything like that.

That may be true (IDK, honestly), but your worldview seems incredibly hackish.  You seem to see almost everything with an element that is even tangentially connected to politics through the prism of hackish absolutism (pro-Democrat = good, any other point of view = horrible).  One of the most obvious examples of this is your argument that Family Guy is a great show (regardless of its merits) because it makes fun of tea-partiers while South Park is a horrible show (regardless of its merits) because it can be critical of unions (most of whom are generally reliabely Democratic interest groups).  In other words, you consciously seek to indulge your massive confirmation bias.

Another example is how you hate all Green Party candidates, regardless of their individual merits, simply because Ralph Nader ran as a Green Party candidate in 2000 and some have claimed he cost Gore Florida (never mind that the party refused to nominate Nader in 2004, encouraged Greens in competitive states to vote for Kerry, that Nader only mattered in 2000 because Gore ran a pretty crappy campaign, and that he was hardly the main reason Bush was declared the winner in Florida). This sort of proudly ultra-partisan worldview is a type of hackery IMO; a different type of hackery than the type we'd see from an InvisibleObama or a JJ, but definitely hackery.

I'm also not sure that Krazen and KCDem should be considered hacks since in both cases, there is good reason to think they are trolls who don't really believe a lot of what they say here.  Krazen is pretty right-wing on RedRacingHorses, but the difference between Krazen here and Krazen there is the difference between Glenn Beck on CNN and on Fox.  From the posts I've seen, he appears far more restrained there (though I admittedly haven't seen a huge number of his posts there) which suggests he is merely performing for attention here.  Krazen may really be a racist and a hack, but there's little reason to assume the tone of his posts is anything but a performance.  

As for KCDem, he may or may not be a sock, but at best he's a lurker who saw how much attention Krazen was getting and wanted to get in on the action, so to speak.  At worst, he's the sock of someone who decided to be a pseudo-Krazen; although I initially thought this was the case, I'm increasingly of the opinion that he's just an attention seeking ex-lurker.  In any event, I would differentiate between genuine hacks and trolls who adopt an OTT hackish persona in their quest for attention.

But I think Family Guy is funny. Now compare to Lil' Bush, that awful anti-Bush show near the end of his Presidency. I thought it was unfunny crap. Conversely even if apolitical South Park would still be completely unfunny garbage.

And there's plenty of reasons to hate Nader besides the 2000 election. His personality is pretty terrifying.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2014, 06:02:58 AM »

I got to admit, that BRTD hates "Lil Bush" is a pretty good sign.  Maybe not all hope is lost here folks.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2014, 06:58:45 AM »

I'm surprised BTRD hasn't been mentioned yet.

I don't make outlandish predictions. You never saw me predicting Obama was going to win Georgia or that Alison Grimes or Amanda Curtis is going to win or anything like that.

That may be true (IDK, honestly), but your worldview seems incredibly hackish.  You seem to see almost everything with an element that is even tangentially connected to politics through the prism of hackish absolutism (pro-Democrat = good, any other point of view = horrible).  One of the most obvious examples of this is your argument that Family Guy is a great show (regardless of its merits) because it makes fun of tea-partiers while South Park is a horrible show (regardless of its merits) because it can be critical of unions (most of whom are generally reliabely Democratic interest groups).  In other words, you consciously seek to indulge your massive confirmation bias.

Another example is how you hate all Green Party candidates, regardless of their individual merits, simply because Ralph Nader ran as a Green Party candidate in 2000 and some have claimed he cost Gore Florida (never mind that the party refused to nominate Nader in 2004, encouraged Greens in competitive states to vote for Kerry, that Nader only mattered in 2000 because Gore ran a pretty crappy campaign, and that he was hardly the main reason Bush was declared the winner in Florida). This sort of proudly ultra-partisan worldview is a type of hackery IMO; a different type of hackery than the type we'd see from an InvisibleObama or a JJ, but definitely hackery.

I'm also not sure that Krazen and KCDem should be considered hacks since in both cases, there is good reason to think they are trolls who don't really believe a lot of what they say here.  Krazen is pretty right-wing on RedRacingHorses, but the difference between Krazen here and Krazen there is the difference between Glenn Beck on CNN and on Fox.  From the posts I've seen, he appears far more restrained there (though I admittedly haven't seen a huge number of his posts there) which suggests he is merely performing for attention here.  Krazen may really be a racist and a hack, but there's little reason to assume the tone of his posts is anything but a performance.  

As for KCDem, he may or may not be a sock, but at best he's a lurker who saw how much attention Krazen was getting and wanted to get in on the action, so to speak.  At worst, he's the sock of someone who decided to be a pseudo-Krazen; although I initially thought this was the case, I'm increasingly of the opinion that he's just an attention seeking ex-lurker.  In any event, I would differentiate between genuine hacks and trolls who adopt an OTT hackish persona in their quest for attention.

But I think Family Guy is funny. Now compare to Lil' Bush, that awful anti-Bush show near the end of his Presidency. I thought it was unfunny crap. Conversely even if apolitical South Park would still be completely unfunny garbage.

And there's plenty of reasons to hate Nader besides the 2000 election. His personality is pretty terrifying.

I'm not saying you shouldn't hate Nader; he's a disgusting human being.  I'm saying don't hold all Greens responsible for Nader being an egomaniacal [inks]hole.  As Mecha said though, the fact that you recognize how awful 'lil bush was is a good sign.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2014, 07:55:54 AM »
« Edited: October 25, 2014, 08:00:06 AM by Mechaman »

Yeah, Nader does not equal all Greens.  
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2014, 11:01:08 AM »

Snowstalker
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2014, 11:03:56 AM »

What party or whom is Snowstalker a hack for?  He doesn't like anybody in politics these days.  The term hack insinuates an abandonment of principle and unwavering loyalty to a party or person. 
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2014, 08:49:08 PM »

Normally I'd say there are worse, but now he's trying to defend Coakley's keeping innocent people in prison.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies