How partisan are you in your voting?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:49:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  How partisan are you in your voting?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: How partisan are you in your voting?
Almost always straight ticket

Mostly one party but with a handful of other candidates

Almost always split ticket

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 70

Author Topic: How partisan are you in your voting?  (Read 2670 times)
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2014, 04:53:31 PM »

I try not to vote straight ticket, but sometimes it's hard not to. I am starting to become tempted to vote for Libertarian Amanda Swafford for Senate, but we know the success of third party candidates.
NerdyBohemian
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2014, 07:21:48 PM »

Federal elections I have never (and likely will never) vote for Republicans. The only exception might have been the 2006 Senate election in RI where I may have voted for Chafee over Whitehouse had Senate control not been at stake. I was not old enough to vote in that election though.

For local elections I split my ticket. For governor I voted for Chafee (as an indie) and this year may end up voting for Fung if he's close in the polls. For statewide offices my ticket is usually split and for state rep and senate I almost always vote for Republicans.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2014, 07:50:57 PM »

In the past I've voted around 80% R / 20% D back in Ohio, but I can't possibly imagine voting for a Democrat for anything in Madison.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2014, 08:16:38 PM »

I've voted straight ticket since 2008.  This year, I'll vote for the independent Senate candidate (Pressler) and for the Democrats in the rest of the races.  I believe in theory that it's best to vote for the individual, not the party, but the parties are so ideologically polarized today it's hard to find a race where the Republican isn't worse than the Democrat.  I won't say that I would never vote Republican, and it's possible that I might like a future GOP candidate enough that I would vote for him/her.

DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2014, 09:40:23 PM »

I vote for the Tories mostly, although I would vote Christian Heritage or spoil my ballot if I don't like the candidate. I cross party lines more for municipal elections since I'm a bit more left wing on municipal issues. Voted for a Liberal for mayor last time.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2014, 09:43:54 PM »

This year It'll be (for offices with multiple humans running) 60/40 Democrat in Oklahoma.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2014, 09:50:57 PM »

This year It'll be (for offices with multiple humans running) 60/40 Democrat in Oklahoma.

You got something against non-human animals? Angry
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2014, 09:57:12 PM »

You got something against non-human animals? Angry

No, but there are no Squirrels running for State Auditor Sad
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2014, 10:51:39 PM »

With the exception of local races, I have been voting straight Dem since 2004.   
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2014, 12:25:42 AM »

I vote straight Democratic almost all the time, even for the Ohio offices that are non-partisan.

There are a few exceptions to that though if the Democrat is too conservative for me personally or is flat-out terrible in some other way in which case I would vote third party. I've been voting since 2012 and I have yet to worry about any of that.

Other times, but also very rare, I might vote for an Ohio Republican for office. He/she has to be relatively moderate, is likable/has a good record to run on, and/or I somehow know them on a closer level.

For examples, had Todd Portune ran in the Democratic primary and beaten FitzGerald, I would have voted Green since Portune's a DINO. In the other case, Dave Yost, our Republican Auditor, would be the first Republican I would have ever voted for. He's stood up against the Ohio GOP on a variety of occasions such as on JobsOhio/charter schools, has an awesome personality etc., but I have yet to make a decision on whether I'll vote for him or Carney (D) or not.

Other than that, I'm voting completely Democratic this election. For races with unopposed Republicans and no write-in options (ex. Robert McClelland), I'm leaving it blank.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2014, 09:08:43 AM »

Mostly split ticket.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2014, 07:06:55 PM »

Federal elections I have never (and likely will never) vote for Republicans. The only exception might have been the 2006 Senate election in RI where I may have voted for Chafee over Whitehouse had Senate control not been at stake. I was not old enough to vote in that election though.

For local elections I split my ticket. For governor I voted for Chafee (as an indie) and this year may end up voting for Fung if he's close in the polls. For statewide offices my ticket is usually split and for state rep and senate I almost always vote for Republicans.

You'd vote for Fung with that matrix score?!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies