GRIFFGRAPH ELECTION CENTER (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:51:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  GRIFFGRAPH ELECTION CENTER (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GRIFFGRAPH ELECTION CENTER  (Read 4631 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: October 24, 2014, 04:43:28 AM »
« edited: October 24, 2014, 08:30:58 AM by NE Caretaker Griffin »

LAST UPDATE: 9:30 AM ET (29 FEDERAL BALLOTS CAST)
ESTIMATED TURNOUT: 23% (128 VOTERS)

Presidential Election:

FIRST ROUND

Lumine - 14
Marokai - 7
Al - 4
Poirot - 3

FINAL ROUND

Lumine - 16
Marokai - 10
Exhausted/NOTA - 3

Verdict: TOO EARLY TO CALL

IDS Senate:

Verdict: NCY WINS (Federalist Hold)

Mideast Senate:

FIRST ROUND

Windjammer - 4
Cassius - 2
MadmanMotley - 1

FINAL ROUND

Windjammer - 4
Cassius - 2

VERDICT: TOO EARLY/CLOSE TO CALL

Midwest Senate:

FINAL ROUND

TNF - 2
Cris - 1

VERDICT: TOO EARLY TO CALL

Northeast Senate:

FIRST ROUND

Matt - 5
Bore - 4
Lief - 2

FINAL ROUND

Bore - 6
Matt - 5

VERDICT: TOO EARLY/CLOSE TO CALL

Pacific Senate:

FINAL ROUND

Cranberry - 3

VERDICT: LIKELY CRANBERRY (TPP Hold)

Northeast Governor:

FIRST ROUND

Sawx - 7
Winfield - 2
Barnes - 1

FINAL ROUND

Sawx - 9
Barnes - 1

VERDICT: LIKELY SAWX (TPP Pickup)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 05:46:57 PM »

I've updated my counts, but I'm not going to post them until I can see a second set of results to compare against. I noticed a couple of things that seem off, so until I can confirm the results as they stand, I'll be abstaining from an update.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 08:06:01 PM »

I'll re-neg on my previous statement, and post an update. These may be inaccurate because I haven't redone the count, so feel free to chime in with anything you notice.

PRESIDENT:

Lumine - 22
Marokai - 15
Poirot - 10
Al - 9

Lumine - 34
Marokai - 23

MIDEAST:

Windjammer - 11
Cassius - 5
MadmanMotley - 4

Windjammer - 11
Cassius - 7

(Bmotley is eliminated)

MIDWEST:
TNF - 3
Cris - 3

NORTHEAST:

Matt - 7
Bore - 6
Lief - 6
Bore - 9
Matt - 9

(Lief and bore are tied at the moment; assuming bore amassed more [1]s at the moment)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 12:29:09 PM »

Windjammer is this game's most brilliant chessmaster

Yes, but so appears to be Sawx. Just as Windjammer did in the Mideast with the prevalent anti-Federalist sentiment, Sawx rode the anti-Labor wave in the Northeast to perfection. His final margin may be inflated somewhat by people who vote late and, after having been undecided throughout the entire campaign, now prefer to side with the winner and vote for him as well. But that doesn't take away from the fact that Sawx's campaign was by and large tailor-made for the Northeast electorate, regardless of whether you like its contents or not.

I'd have to disagree. I definitely capitalized on the wave in the Northeast, but Windjammer completely changed the face of the Mideast in the span of a few weeks. He essentially did what Griffin failed to do in the IDS a year ago.

Windjammer certainly has managed to pull a great upset and is a very skillful politician, but I don't think you can compare the two instances. Unfortunately, I started OpCot as a n00b; to give you an idea, Nathan was still Party Chair at that time. I joined in May 2012, got elected in June and began OpCot in August. Sadly, I didn't have the connections at the time to move a mass number of folk at once, so it started out with just three or four of us. I was literally the only Laborite in the IDS when it began. I remember the Imperial Bloc caught on pretty quickly, and we never managed to obtain a clear registration advantage because it became a tit-for-tat affair in moving people to the region. At one point, the IDS was the 2nd largest region and both Feds and Labor had more members in the IDS than in any other region. If I could do it over, I would have waited a bit longer, planned it out more and would have waited until 10 or so people were willing to move, but hindsight and all that.

Windjammer also has TPP to thank. Party discussions with the Pacific delegation about the hostility that has been occurring as of late produced a consensus that there was no point in continuing to compete in vain for a region that's frankly not worth all that much (RIP Tyrion Cry). As such, the party and many of the members made a joint conscious decision to leave en masse, and most went to the Mideast. After seeing the good work windjammer was doing, it just made sense for many to go there. You'll see though that a couple went elsewhere for other reasons (like DemPGH). There was also a significant registration push in the final days, which a few people noticed. All of this combined to make quite a perfect storm.

I'm honestly surprised that no one noticed. People are saying that it's all about the Federalists not running good campaigns or being active, but in reality, I don't think that played much at all into it. The sheer lack of either recognizing what was happening with movement and new registrations (somewhat slowly, I might add) and/or their lack of response to the situation was what they should be embarrassed about, if anything. I fully expected retaliation all along, but it never came, because everyone always noticed and loudly complained when we were all dueling for the IDS. Sad on their part. But hey, if I were them, I'd be eyeing the Pacific as a new pick-up opportunity, because the nominal registration figures by ideology out there aren't all too shabby with a vacuum created by Labor's departure; maybe ZuWo can lead the charge. Rather than getting into an inflation war over the Mideast (I can't remember the last time when two regions combined had a majority of the game's population in them - maybe in 2012?), they might want to seek out a completely new pick-up, as consolidating more population into one of the two larger regions will only weaken the regional system even more.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 10:49:39 AM »

LAST UPDATE: 9:30 AM ET (29 FEDERAL BALLOTS CAST)
ESTIMATED TURNOUT: 23% (128 VOTERS)

Excluding one non-citizen's attempt at voting, there were 128 ballots cast in the election. Dang, I'm good. Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 01:52:30 PM »

Interesting results by region for the Presidential. I'm counting solarstorm2012's vote as valid for the time being (until we get certified results), which actually made the ME a tie, 17-17. If you include this, then Marokai/Antonio actually won or tied in the three largest regions in the game. Lumine/SJoyce racked up huge margins in the two least populous regions, though, and that was enough. It's amazing how the dynamic in the game by region are in flux. Strat reg is a beautiful thing:

Code:
	       IDS	ME	MW	NE	PA

lumine 13 17 7 15 10
marokai      2 17 10 18 3

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 02:42:15 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to: