Steve King: "I don’t expect to meet [gays] should I make it to heaven." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:15:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Steve King: "I don’t expect to meet [gays] should I make it to heaven." (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Steve King: "I don’t expect to meet [gays] should I make it to heaven."  (Read 5654 times)
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« on: October 24, 2014, 09:09:04 PM »

Homosexuals, like all people, are certainly capable of going to Heaven if they repent and accept Jesus Christ as their Savior.

Unrepentant sinners don't go to Heaven; and thus, an unrepentant homosexual will indeed go to Hell, just like how an unrepentant adulterer or unrepentant fornicator (to name two examples) will go to Hell.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 02:41:22 PM »

Homosexuals, like all people, are certainly capable of going to Heaven if they repent and accept Jesus Christ as their Savior.

Unrepentant sinners don't go to Heaven; and thus, an unrepentant homosexual will indeed go to Hell, just like how an unrepentant adulterer or unrepentant fornicator (to name two examples) will go to Hell.

Ban him, please.

For what, exactly? Expressing a viewpoint you don't agree with? I'm pretty sure that's not against the rules.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 01:18:34 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2014, 01:27:12 PM by Thomas from NJ »

What gets me is that aren't Protestants supposed to believe in "faith, not works?"

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The primary difference between Protestant and Catholic (at least as of the time of the Reformation) theology concerning works is the Catholicism views works as a means by which one earns salvation while Protestantism views works as evidence of the faith one has in salvation.  So it's perfectly consistent for a Protestant who thinks that homosexuality is a sin would expect that a faithful homosexual Christian would abstain from such activity to the best of eir ability.

Ernest is correct here.

http://carm.org/questions/other-questions/how-can-i-tell-if-someone-saved-or-not

http://www.gotquestions.org/forgiven-why-not-sin.html

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/license_to_sin.htm
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies