Hillary Clinton strikes populist tone, bashes Scott Walker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:20:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton strikes populist tone, bashes Scott Walker
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton strikes populist tone, bashes Scott Walker  (Read 1613 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 24, 2014, 05:01:27 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/hillary-clinton-banks-scott-walker-2016-elections-112159.html?hp=l6

What a disgusting, worthless DINO!
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 05:16:51 PM »

yaas hunty, slay and snatch their relevance, Walker who? Cruz who? y'all better enjoy ur problematic faves' relevance for now before Clinton slays them all. read ha to FILTH Clinton
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 01:03:02 AM »

you FOOLS

hillary voted for the iraq war in 2002 which was a plot of the CORPORATE HALLIBURTON ILLUMINATI and their ZIONIST AGENTS to rob iraq of its OIL

therefore hillary is obviously corporate stooge #1 and will declare literal corporate warmonger fascism on DAY ONE of her presidency

only RON PAUL can save us

WAKE UP SHEEPLE
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 01:22:59 AM »

I WAS THERE cheering her on!  Cheesy
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 01:45:59 AM »

That's awesome! I wish I could've gone to Philly to hear her speech for Wolf, but I didn't hear about it until after the fact. I kind of tuned out of that race a bit since we're winning it so handily. But luckily, there will be two more years to get another chance. Smiley
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 11:08:40 AM »

you FOOLS

hillary voted for the iraq war in 2002 which was a plot of the CORPORATE HALLIBURTON ILLUMINATI and their ZIONIST AGENTS to rob iraq of its OIL

therefore hillary is obviously corporate stooge #1 and will declare literal corporate warmonger fascism on DAY ONE of her presidency

only RON PAUL can save us

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Next parody, please don't casually conflate nonsensical illuminati, anti-Semitic conspiracy paranoia with rational suspicion that Cheney and Halliburton are incredibly corrupt and the case for the Iraq War was dishonest. (And yes, Hillary voted for that disaster.)

Sincerely,
Someone who agrees Paulbots are ridiculous
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 03:13:12 PM »

She's gonna be a great candidate and a great president. Let's just hope she manages to bring a Democratic House majority along with her!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 04:05:27 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2014, 04:09:57 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Ahh, yes, the great Clinton record of being foes of big banks by deregulating them with Glass-Steagall, which caused the Great Recession.

Also:

"For goodness' sake, you can't be a lawyer if you don't represent banks." - Hillary Clinton

I hope no one is dumb enough to believe she'll actually go after the banks.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 04:12:21 PM »

Ahh, yes, the great Clinton record of being foes of big banks by deregulating them with Glass-Steagall, which caused the Great Recession.

Also:

"For goodness' sake, you can't be a lawyer if you don't represent banks." - Hillary Clinton

Silly me, I must have forgotten when Hillary Clinton voted to repeal Glass-Steagall.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 04:19:05 PM »

Also:

Silly me, I must have forgotten when Hillary Clinton voted to repeal Glass-Steagall.

Her husband signed it into law. Now, she's welcome to break with her husband's right-wing record and support reinstating it, but I don't see that happening.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 04:49:08 PM »

Also:

Her husband signed it into law. Now, she's welcome to break with her husband's right-wing record and support reinstating it, but I don't see that happening.

So what? Hillary is her own person. It's getting kind of old hearing the Hillary haters talk about Hillary as an extension of Bill, it reeks of sexism.

By the way, Gramm–Leach–Bliley passed the Senate 90-8 and the House 362-57. It's also incredibly simplistic to say that it was the only thing that caused the financial meltdown.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 05:37:41 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2014, 05:41:27 PM by IceSpear »

Hillary continues the theme in Massachusetts

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Wonderful news! You can tell Politico is worried from their desperate concern trolling.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 07:04:37 PM »

Also:

So what? Hillary is her own person. It's getting kind of old hearing the Hillary haters talk about Hillary as an extension of Bill, it reeks of sexism.

By the way, Gramm–Leach–Bliley passed the Senate 90-8 and the House 362-57. It's also incredibly simplistic to say that it was the only thing that caused the financial meltdown.

She's never called for re-instating Glass-Stegall, so I fail to see how her policies are different than that of her husband. If it wasn't for her husband, we would have never heard of Hillary Rodham. Senator Dorgan warned of the disaster of passing that, and boy was he proven right.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 07:11:40 PM »

Also:

She's never called for re-instating Glass-Stegall, so I fail to see how her policies are different than that of her husband. If it wasn't for her husband, we would have never heard of Hillary Rodham. Senator Dorgan warned of the disaster of passing that, and boy was he proven right.

Well for one thing, Glass-Steagall isn't the only issue. Her voting record in the Senate places her clearly to the left of Bill. And again, what would be the point of vetoing a bill that passed with 80-90% majorities in Congress? It would be a waste of time and a token gesture. Dorgan was certainly right, but the overwhelming majority of the government did not have his foresight.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 07:19:38 PM »

The repeal of Glas-Steagall didn't cause the financial meltdown; it just made it threatened a vast swath of Americans' financial well-being just like what happened after the Great Depression when everyone lost their savings, and necessitated a larger bailout.

Gee, repeal regulations put in place to help prevent another economic depression, and what did we get? Another economic depression.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending it. It was quite clearly a disaster. I'm just saying that blaming the entire collapse on one piece of legislation is overly simplistic, and that expecting a symbolic but ultimately pointless veto from Bill isn't really logical. Nor is it logical to assume that Hillary's opinions are identical to those of Bill's circa 15 years ago.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2014, 07:20:53 PM »

The repeal of Glas-Steagall didn't cause the financial meltdown; it just made it threatened a vast swath of Americans' financial well-being just like what happened after the Great Depression when everyone lost their savings, and necessitated a larger bailout.

Gee, repeal regulations put in place to help prevent another economic depression, and what did we get? Another economic depression.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending it. It was quite clearly a disaster. I'm just saying that blaming the entire collapse on one piece of legislation is overly simplistic, and that expecting a symbolic but ultimately pointless veto from Bill isn't really logical. Nor is it logical to assume that Hillary's opinions are identical to those of Bill's circa 15 years ago.

Well, she's welcome to come out in favor of reinstating Glass Steagall, but I doubt she will. Truman vetoed Taft-Hartley despite veto proof majorities. If a bill is absolutely terrible, it should be vetoed regardless of how many people voted for it. I mean, the Patriot Act was 99-1, and it was an awful bill.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2014, 07:25:07 PM »

Well, she's welcome to come out in favor of reinstating Glass Steagall, but I doubt she will. Truman vetoed Taft-Hartley despite veto proof majorities. If a bill is absolutely terrible, it should be vetoed regardless of how many people voted for it. I mean, the Patriot Act was 99-1, and it was an awful bill.

I hope she does. I'm sure it'll be discussed during the campaign.

And damn, you just reminded me of that. I knew the Patriot Act was a landslide, but I didn't remember it was 99-1. This just makes me hope Feingold runs for his old seat even more...
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2014, 08:48:06 PM »

I hope she does. I'm sure it'll be discussed during the campaign.

And damn, you just reminded me of that. I knew the Patriot Act was a landslide, but I didn't remember it was 99-1. This just makes me hope Feingold runs for his old seat even more...

Well, I doubt she'll come out in favor of that. Obama is opposed, and yet Cory Booker thinks he's too hard on Wall Street. If you ignore her husband, maybe she doesn't seem quite as bad, but she has defended outsourcing, promoted fracking, and lied about Iraq.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2014, 11:09:32 PM »

I find it interesting that Hillary is just considered an extension of her husband .... not especially enlightened, people. Tongue
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2014, 01:41:21 AM »

I find it interesting that Hillary is just considered an extension of her husband .... not especially enlightened, people. Tongue

Nepotism is enlightened?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2014, 09:00:14 AM »

Also:

Indeed it was the shyster financing -- liar loans, fraudulent rating of mortgage-backed 'securities', reckless lending on unearned equity in the wake of a speculative boom -- and gross underinvestment in productive industry because the crooked lending drove out other finance. The real estate boom of the Double-Zero decade devoured capital, and when the enthusiasm waned there was no basis for prosperity.

Nations become poor -- not rich -- by importing their luxuries.   
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies