Hillary Clinton strikes populist tone, bashes Scott Walker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:55:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton strikes populist tone, bashes Scott Walker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton strikes populist tone, bashes Scott Walker  (Read 1640 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 26, 2014, 09:00:14 AM »

Ahh, yes, the great Clinton record of being foes of big banks by deregulating them with Glass-Steagall, which caused the Great Recession.

Also:

"For goodness' sake, you can't be a lawyer if you don't represent banks." - Hillary Clinton

I hope no one is dumb enough to believe she'll actually go after the banks.

Silly me, I must have forgotten when Hillary Clinton voted to repeal Glass-Steagall.

Her husband signed it into law. Now, she's welcome to break with her husband's right-wing record and support reinstating it, but I don't see that happening.

So what? Hillary is her own person. It's getting kind of old hearing the Hillary haters talk about Hillary as an extension of Bill, it reeks of sexism.

By the way, Gramm–Leach–Bliley passed the Senate 90-8 and the House 362-57. It's also incredibly simplistic to say that it was the only thing that caused the financial meltdown.

Indeed it was the shyster financing -- liar loans, fraudulent rating of mortgage-backed 'securities', reckless lending on unearned equity in the wake of a speculative boom -- and gross underinvestment in productive industry because the crooked lending drove out other finance. The real estate boom of the Double-Zero decade devoured capital, and when the enthusiasm waned there was no basis for prosperity.

Nations become poor -- not rich -- by importing their luxuries.   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies