Attention Regional Executives: An Amendment has passed the Senate!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:05:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Attention Regional Executives: An Amendment has passed the Senate!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Attention Regional Executives: An Amendment has passed the Senate!  (Read 230 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 24, 2014, 10:43:34 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen, the GM Independence Amendment has passed the Senate and is now sent to the regions for the public to decide.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 10:58:54 PM »

A bit of bad timing to ask questions because of the presidential election but I wanted to know some things.

There was a question about the GM term, if it ends with a new President or not. Is there a clear answer to that, when a new President arrives does he name his GM pick or the current GM stays in place.

The two thirds vote needed to remove the GM, the two thirs is equal to what exactly. Always two thirds of 10, or sitting Senators, or voting Senators? Do absentions count or not for the two thirds total.

I'm trying to evaluate how many votes it takes to remove in different scenarios (like if there are 9 sitting senators and 2 are not voting)

Maybe it is the same vote count rules as regular senate rules so maybe I could be linked to that.   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 05:04:11 PM »

I was not sold on that amendment from the start, I have asked questions to better understand the implications of this proposal. I'm cautious of rubber stamping decisions if there is no effort to explain exactly what they are. If I have question marks when I need to vote, as an uninformed citizen I will vote no.   
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 08:44:12 PM »

A GM doesn't need to be reconfirmed with a new administration. I'm not sure about the answer to the other questions, but I imagine it's a two-thirds vote of the full Senate (7 unless there are vacancies).
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 09:43:35 AM »

Yeah, shua's right.

I think it's fairly safe to assume that 2/3rd is 7 unless there are vacancies, in which case it's lower. Even if that's not the case though, the proposed amendment does not change that part of the text, so the ambiguity is a problem even if the amendment doesn't pass.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies