How did you/will you actually vote this year? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:15:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How did you/will you actually vote this year? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How did you/will you actually vote this year?  (Read 2817 times)
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« on: October 26, 2014, 03:20:23 PM »

We haven't actually gotten a sample ballot yet in the mail.  I don't think Simcha Felder is up this year, so it'll be straight Dem except for Howie Hawkins for governor.

NY Gov: Howie Hawkins
NY AG: Eric Schneiderman
NY Comptroller: Robert Antonacci

NY-21 Rep: Paul Tonko

Proposal 1 - i.e. "bipartisan" redistricting: No
Proposal 3 - i.e. stop wasting paper: Yes
Proposal 3 - i.e. $2b for politically savvy tech firms: No

NY Senate - WI: abolish the State Senate
NY Assembly - WI: me

Why Antonacci?

Antonacci is running on a surprisingly bold anti-corruption platform, and he's not especially close with the state's Republican establishment. I might reconsider my vote if Antonacci had any chance of winning, because DiNapoli is relatively clean. But given the chance to vote for an honest outsider running a reformist platform, I'll take it.

I could have sworn you had a longer post earlier where you explained why you were writing yourself in for Assembly, using some logic that, well, surprised me.  Am I imagining things?

Did I mention the incumbent's support for traffic light cameras in Albany?

Yes, that was it.  Traffic light cameras are fantastic and I was surprised that you considered them to be mutually exclusive with other streets cape improvements.

I did until a few months ago, actually, but the debate that took place here changed my mind. The public safety benefits just aren't clear. I'm interested in hearing what you have to say on the subject, but the evidence that opponents of the proposal brought forward impressed me a lot more than the case that its supporters made.

This would probably be a good subject for a Political Debate thread. I've had about 8 years experience with the pros and cons.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 06:54:10 PM »

I voted straight Democratic, with the exception of my local U.S. representative, state senator, and state assembly member. I voted against them as revenge for their offices not hiring me when i applied/interviewed.

Democracy is a dish best served cold.

If any of those offices hired you in IL to forestall your political revenge they would be guilty of a federal offense.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 07:11:28 PM »

I voted straight Democratic, with the exception of my local U.S. representative, state senator, and state assembly member. I voted against them as revenge for their offices not hiring me when i applied/interviewed.

Democracy is a dish best served cold.

If any of those offices hired you in IL to forestall your political revenge they would be guilty of a federal offense.

Well in addition to not hiring me, my state assembly member I've met in person multiple times when I did campaign work, and I've had a few conversations with him. He's... not that bright. He's only a 29 year old surfer and he's the son of the previous officeholder. His uncle (a State Senator) got arrested a few months ago.

With all the family connections among officeholders in your district you could be living in IL. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies