How did you/will you actually vote this year? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:29:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How did you/will you actually vote this year? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How did you/will you actually vote this year?  (Read 2794 times)
retromike22
United States

« on: October 26, 2014, 03:11:42 AM »

I voted straight Democratic, with the exception of my local U.S. representative, state senator, and state assembly member. I voted against them as revenge for their offices not hiring me when i applied/interviewed.

Democracy is a dish best served cold.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 06:43:05 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2014, 06:48:46 PM by retromike22 »

Hahahaha! Well done, very well done Smiley

I need to rescue Adam from Atlasia.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 07:08:05 PM »

I voted straight Democratic, with the exception of my local U.S. representative, state senator, and state assembly member. I voted against them as revenge for their offices not hiring me when i applied/interviewed.

If any of those offices hired you in IL to forestall your political revenge they would be guilty of a federal offense.

Well in addition to not hiring me, my state assembly member I've met in person multiple times when I did campaign work, and I've had a few conversations with him. He's... not that bright. He's only a 29 year old surfer and he's the son of the previous officeholder. His uncle (a State Senator) got arrested a few months ago.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 07:17:32 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2015, 01:37:41 AM by retromike22 »

If any of those offices hired you in IL to forestall your political revenge they would be guilty of a federal offense.

Well in addition to not hiring me, my state assembly member I've met in person multiple times when I did campaign work, and I've had a few conversations with him. He's... not that bright. He's only a 29 year old surfer and he's the son of the previous officeholder. His uncle (a State Senator) got arrested a few months ago.

With all the family connections among officeholders in your district you could be living in IL. Tongue

I think it's because we have term limits for local members, so political offices get passed around like inheritance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies