BK4Senate Campaign Thread [VICTORY]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:47:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  BK4Senate Campaign Thread [VICTORY]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: BK4Senate Campaign Thread [VICTORY]  (Read 3532 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 26, 2014, 04:09:22 AM »
« edited: November 17, 2014, 12:09:38 AM by Bacon King »

In the very likely event that Senator Lumine wins the current Presidential election and resigns his seat in the Senate, I wish to be a candidate in the special election to replace him. I would greatly appreciate hearing any questions, comments, or concerns you may have.

If elected my main priority in the Senate will be common-sense reform that focuses on making Atlasia's laws more accessible to our community at large. One possible proposal is the implementation of a dedicated Wiki Secretary serving in the Cabinet, who would be responsible for writing a small summary on new bills that are passed, and organizing laws based on broad categories. I want to see old and redundant laws repealed, and I want every law that's still relevant to be available to any Atlasian with a single click. If you're writing a bill on some healthcare initiative in your regional legislature, for example, you would need to know what kind of health care system Atlasia even has (do you?) and to find that out you would have to look through a huge list every law, just to find something relevant. It's the 21st century, things can totally be simpler and more accessible than this.

Besides that specific thrust, I also offer myself as a legal expert and a seasoned voice of reason because my years of experience have given me many lessons, and I wish to impart those on Atlasia's newer generation of legislators. I love Atlasia and yeah it's kind of in a rut right now but it's been through far worse than this before. I hope to do what I can to make it prosper once more.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 04:11:56 AM »

Naturally, endorsed.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 05:08:29 AM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 08:06:41 AM »

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 10:57:07 AM »

Would vote 4
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 06:49:38 PM »

BK4Senate Exploratory Committee announces that it has officially contracted with Atawater & Cohn to assist in conducting and organizing the BK4Senate campaign. Atawater & Cohn President A.C. Sibboleth and his organization are a valuable addition to the BK4Senate campaign team - I'm thankful for the support.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 01:25:45 AM »

I'll now take questions if anybody has some.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 04:14:14 PM »

Do you support abolishing the GM position?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 04:22:06 PM »

Can you promise the voters that we won't have a repeat of this?

THE ATLASIAN LABORINTH

We Decide, We Report

Volume A, Issue C                                              Price: Your Fair Share

SENATE CUSTERFLUCK AS LIBS DROP FLIKE LIES

In the same 24 hour period, the imminent expulsion of Senator Bacon King from the Senate was handed down, resulting in a net loss of 2 seats for the Liberals in one day alone. Nearly immediately, a special election was called by DoFE homelycooking to remedy the problem. One at-large election for both seats will be held next week, November 2nd through November 4th.

I support this motion and I ask that the Presiding Officer request unanimous consent to bring this to a final vote immediately.

Marokai's entirely right; I'm already way too flaky with my real-life commitments, and that horrible habit is intensified when it's just internet message board commitments. Kinda like that RISK game that's been on hiatus for a year now. I mean, I still plan on restarting that, but I've really been a dick in offering to run the game but then not doing anything about it for so long.

For what it's worth, I definitely wanted to run and really have fun in the Senate, be active, like in the good old days. Honestly, though, I guess real life gets into the way, and I suppose my heart's just not in this anymore. I've wanted to be posting in the Senate over the last couple of weeks, honestly; maybe this is hard to explain, but it's like, posting on the Atlas is something I do to procrastinate to take a break from work; I haven't had any genuine free time in months. I thought I could have some great procrastination from real life with the Senate here, as well, which is why I ran, but I guess I just view this as a different sort of "work" that I can't do until I'm actually free. Sorry I let everyone down who voted for me.

I guess I'll still vote in elections and such but for the forseeable future I'll be retiring from participation in Atlasia. It's been fun, and I hope y'all remember me for the good and productive Bacon King times, not the lazy and absent Bacon King times. I hope you guys don't mind that I'd like to have the symbolism of voting for my own removal rather than just resigning. I know it'll slow things down by a day or so but I really feel it's more fitting.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 06:18:14 PM »

Do you support abolishing the GM position?

I do not, but I'm not leaving anything off the table in terms of potential reform measures. Atlasia can certainly function without a GM but I think a strong GM definitely helps the game.

Can you promise the voters that we won't have a repeat of this?

Yeah that was two years ago and since then I've hit rock bottom then made a major improvement. I'll be active. I've been active consistently on this forum for months and that's not going to change.

Admittedly after Tuesday night I spent a couple days away to gather my thoughts about IRL politics and whatnot, and this weekend I'm vacationing in FL, but I'll be back to normal activity levels on like Tuesday
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 01:48:06 PM »
« Edited: November 12, 2014, 01:56:03 PM by Bacon King »

I am back home and this campaign is now underway!

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 02:23:07 PM »

You have my enthusiastic endorsement, old friend!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 02:26:49 PM »

Endorsed.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 03:46:53 PM »

bacon: on the issues!

• Bacon King supports a greater devolution of powers to regional governments, to ensure Atlasia's regions remain strong and active
  • Bacon King supports the return of Senate Districting to revitalize Atlasia's midterm elections by making them more competitive and exciting
  • Bacon King supports a simple, no-nonsense approach to government that places practicality above ideology, so Atlasia's laws can be as effective as possible
  • Bacon King supports increasing the accessibility of the wiki, so that all Atlasians can easily understand the nation's government and system of laws
  • Bacon King supports an expanded discussion about the future of the GM role as well as Game Reform in general
  • Bacon King supports expanding Atlasia's military strength, reversing its decade-long decline to ensure we are capable of defending against threats in the 21st century
  • Bacon King is tough on crime, enforcing more laws than any other Attorney General in recent memory
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 04:22:19 PM »

please save the atlas
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 04:54:51 PM »

"expanding Atlasia's military strength"

boo
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2014, 05:02:37 PM »

I want to clarify that I oppose any form of a military-industrial complex like the United States has, but Atlasia's military has been gutted over and over to such an extent that if a wacky GM decides Mexico should launch an invasion against us then we would lose that war in a curbstomp

In an effort to prevent the excessive centralization of powers I'm definitely open to expanding the size of the National Guard units controlled by regional governments, so that we can more effectively delegate the chain of command.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 11:45:13 PM »

• Bacon King supports a greater devolution of powers to regional governments, to ensure Atlasia's regions remain strong and active
  • Bacon King supports the return of Senate Districting to revitalize Atlasia's midterm elections by making them more competitive and exciting
  • Bacon King supports a simple, no-nonsense approach to government that places practicality above ideology, so Atlasia's laws can be as effective as possible
  • Bacon King supports increasing the accessibility of the wiki, so that all Atlasians can easily understand the nation's government and system of laws
  • Bacon King supports an expanded discussion about the future of the GM role as well as Game Reform in general
  • Bacon King supports expanding Atlasia's military strength, reversing its decade-long decline to ensure we are capable of defending against threats in the 21st century
  • Bacon King is tough on crime, enforcing more laws than any other Attorney General in recent memory
Not thrilled with this platform, especially points 1,2, and 5.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 01:22:59 AM »

I must say I'm conflicted. I do like a lot of your platform, and you explain yourself pretty well.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 02:41:02 AM »

• Bacon King supports a greater devolution of [...] regional governments
  • Bacon King supports a [...] nonsense [...] government
  • Bacon King supports expanding Atlasia's military [...] threats in the 21st century
Very troublesome and deeply disturbing!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2014, 03:40:28 AM »

• Bacon King supports a greater devolution of [...] regional governments
  • Bacon King supports a [...] nonsense [...] government
  • Bacon King supports expanding Atlasia's military [...] threats in the 21st century
Very troublesome and deeply disturbing!

You missed this one:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2014, 01:55:24 PM »

Bacon king is supported by me, so vote for him.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2014, 04:15:48 PM »

You have my endorsement, friend. Now go and serve The People!
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2014, 10:21:22 PM »

Good luck!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States