Office of Governor Sawx - Come One, Come All (SPECIAL ELECTION AHOY)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:29:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Governor Sawx - Come One, Come All (SPECIAL ELECTION AHOY)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13
Author Topic: Office of Governor Sawx - Come One, Come All (SPECIAL ELECTION AHOY)  (Read 22667 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: May 12, 2015, 01:33:48 PM »

Kyle Mercado has been charged with one count of terrorism and one count of crimes against the Northeast.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2015, 01:28:19 AM »

I'm about to sound off on an issue very near and dear to my heart in the next few days. Get ready.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #202 on: May 18, 2015, 02:08:05 PM »

This has passed the Assembly and awaits your signature or veto.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #203 on: May 18, 2015, 08:07:13 PM »

This has passed the Assembly and awaits your signature or veto.

~Sawx

F**k that hoe.

~Sawx

I think we all know why this bill was passed.

~Sawx

While I usually frown upon the gas tax increasing because of inflation, it's better than a flat hike.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #204 on: May 24, 2015, 01:47:43 PM »

The following have passed the Assembly and await your decision.

Event Referendum Act
1. When a Northeastern city/town is bidding to host a major international or domestic event (Olympics, FIFA World Cup, World Fair, etc.), and is asking for regional funding, the event bid will be subject to a local and state referendum prior to the submitting of the bid to the relevant organization.

Late-Term Abortion Restriction Act

Section 1: Restriction and Exception
1. Abortion in the third trimester of a pregnancy, hereby defined as the 28th estimated week of gestation, shall not be performed in the Republic of Atlasia.
2. Restrictions on abortion shall not apply in the following circumstances: a. The pregnancy threatening the life of the mother. b. The pregnancy showing signs of severe birth defect. (For the purposes of this text, a severe birth defect is defined as being an abnormality, which produces a likely chance that the child will be afflicted with immense pain, have a severely limited functioning capacity, or be at significant risk of an early death). c. The health of the mother, as determined by a primary care physician independent of the medical professional performing the abortion.

Section 2: Criminal Penalty
1. Any individual who performs an abortion in the third trimester outside of the previously mentioned exceptions receives a two year ban from work as a medical professional.

Amendment to the Northeast Constitution

Article II, Section 8 shall be amended to read the following:

8. Vacancies in the Legislative Assembly shall be filled in a manner specified by Law, and until such determination is made, by Gubernatorial appointment. Vacancies occur upon resignation, recall, impeachment, failure to swear in within one week of the legislative session’s opening, failure to vote on three four consecutive pieces of legislation without publicly declaring absence, or failure to participate in Assembly debate for one month.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #205 on: May 26, 2015, 01:00:36 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2015, 01:20:22 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

~Sawx

This bill is a good start. We can always work with cinyc's concerns later.

~Sawx

A quick modernization of this provision to fit the three-bill debate structure.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #206 on: May 27, 2015, 10:26:12 PM »

Uh, governor? You missed one bill. Smiley
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #207 on: May 29, 2015, 03:25:42 PM »

The following have passed the Assembly and await your decision.

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #208 on: May 29, 2015, 03:49:33 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2015, 04:47:47 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

Vetoed.

As I have said before, illegalizing drugs only emboldens cartels and gangs and increases crime in our cities. My friend and colleague, Dr. Cynic, put it best: it is better that the drug trade be legal and controlled than illegal and rampant. I'm vetoing this bill to keep the supply of drugs in the hands of the free market and out of the gangs.

~Sawx

Even the most hardened criminals should be able to die in the presence of their loved ones.

[/quote]

~Sawx

This bill gives a way for mothers who aren't ready to raise a child to ensure that late-term children are have a good life.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #209 on: May 29, 2015, 03:52:52 PM »

Late-Term Abortion Restriction Act

Section 1: Restriction and Exception
1. Abortion in the third trimester of a pregnancy, hereby defined as the 28th estimated week of gestation, shall not be performed in the Republic of Atlasia.
2. Restrictions on abortion shall not apply in the following circumstances: a. The pregnancy threatening the life of the mother. b. The pregnancy showing signs of severe birth defect. (For the purposes of this text, a severe birth defect is defined as being an abnormality, which produces a likely chance that the child will be afflicted with immense pain, have a severely limited functioning capacity, or be at significant risk of an early death). c. The health of the mother, as determined by a primary care physician independent of the medical professional performing the abortion.

Section 2: Criminal Penalty
1. Any individual who performs an abortion in the third trimester outside of the previously mentioned exceptions receives a two year ban from work as a medical professional.

~Sawx

Now that we have an incentive for people to adopt instead of look for black market abortions, I feel less reluctant on signing this bill.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #210 on: June 03, 2015, 06:06:03 PM »

The following has passed the Assembly and awaits your decision.

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #211 on: June 03, 2015, 06:20:50 PM »

~Sawx

This fixes the legalese of the previous bill.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #212 on: June 09, 2015, 04:06:56 PM »

This has passed the Assembly.

Assisted Suicide Act
1. Terminally ill, competent, adult residents of the Republic of Atlasia medically predicted to die within six months shall have the right to request and self-administer lethal medication prescribed by a licensed physician.
2. Those requesting lethal medication shall be required to present one written and two oral requests for said medication. The patient in question shall be required to have a diagnosis of terminal illness and be judged competent by no less than two licensed physicians, as well as required to observe a waiting period, and a physician verification of an informed patient decision.
3. Physicians and patients acting in good faith, that is, acting within the parameters of this legislation, shall have criminal and civil immunity for actions undertaken.
4. There shall be a 15 day waiting period between the first oral request and a written request; there shall be a 48 hour waiting period between the written request and the writing of the prescription.
5. Written requests for lethal medication must be signed by two independent witnesses, at least one of whom is not related to the patient or employed by the health care facility in question.
6. Patients may change their mind at any time and rescind the request.
7. The attending physician may sign the patient's death certificate which must list the underlying terminal disease as the cause of death.
8. The cost of all lethal medications shall be covered under the provisions of the Atlasian National Health Program.
9. No Physician shall be forced to administer lethal medication or sign off on it against his or her consent.[/quote]

This has passed the Electoral Clarity Commission and is our official report:

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #213 on: June 09, 2015, 04:56:26 PM »

~Sawx

Always nice to have this as a safeguard if the federal government bans this.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #214 on: June 18, 2015, 03:14:28 PM »

This has passed the Assembly.

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #215 on: June 18, 2015, 03:36:31 PM »

~Sawx

I originally threw out the four-week proposal as kind of an arbitrary proposal. Two weeks would be fine as well.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #216 on: June 22, 2015, 04:24:36 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2015, 04:26:21 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

Altsomn Stmarken has been deregistered and banned for the creation/flooding of the Northeast with socks.

Therefore, there is a new vacancy, and I have decided to appoint RGN to the Assembly to take his place for the three or so days he's there.

I'd also like to offer my congratulations to all of the Representatives that won election, and I'd also like to offer my best wishes to cinyc, who ran against me. Let's work to build a great Northeast together.
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #217 on: June 23, 2015, 05:09:36 AM »

Altsomn Stmarken has been deregistered and banned for the creation/flooding of the Northeast with socks.

Therefore, there is a new vacancy, and I have decided to appoint RGN to the Assembly to take his place for the three or so days he's there.

I'd also like to offer my congratulations to all of the Representatives that won election, and I'd also like to offer my best wishes to cinyc, who ran against me. Let's work to build a great Northeast together.
I'm confused about this. Is this final or there's a change regarding the shakeup?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #218 on: June 23, 2015, 09:34:35 AM »

A lot of crap happened way to fast in the course of an hour yesterday afternoon.

But considering how much effort Sawx went into finding out the truth, he should be commended for that.

His more recent post was I think in the NE Assembly thread results page.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #219 on: June 23, 2015, 11:55:47 AM »

Since rpryor is currently away right now, he's asked me to tabulate the results. Obviously, there's a bit of controversy going on, considering the mods hastily acted on JoMCaR/twistory's ban. My legal counsel currently says that since the bans were under false pretense, the de-registration does not count, and all votes are valid and twistory123's candidacy is also valid. It's also worth noting that the Northeast Electoral Commission's recommendations were not passed in time, so we will be going by the old way of doing things.

VOTE LIST:

1: RGN, twistory, Castro, pika, PGH
2: pika, Castro, RGN, twistory, PGH, Person
3: Person, pgh, Castro, pika, twistory, RGN
4: RGN, twistory, Castro, pika, DemPGH, Person
5: PGH, person, Castro, pika, twistory, RGN
6: twistory, RGN, pikachu, Castro
7: RGN, pika, twistory, Castro, PGH, person
8: Castro, pika, RGN, twistory, rpryor
9: PGH, a person, Castro, pikachu, RGN, twistory
10: Castro, pika, PGH, RGN, twistory, person
11: pika, Castro, RGN, person, PGH, twistory
12: person, PGH, Castro, pika
13: pika, person, PGH, RGN, Castro, twistory
14: Castro, pika, PGH, RGN
15: RGN, twistory, Castro, pika, PGH
16: twistory, RGN, pikachu, Castro, person
17: twistory, RGN, pikachu, Castro, person
18: Castro, person
19: RGN, twistory, Castro, pikachu
20: PGH, person
21: Castro, PGH, pikachu, RGN, person
22: Castro, pikachu, RGN, twistory, pgh, person
23: PGH, a person, Castro, pikachu, twistory, RGN
24: a person, PGH, Castro, pikachu, RGN, twistory
25: twistory, RGN, pikachu, Castro, a Person
26: a Person, PGH
27: pika, Castro, rgn, twistory, demPGH, a Person
28: twistory, a Person

28 valid ballots/(5 seats up+1) + 1 = 5.667. The fraction is dropped, making the quota 5.

ROUND 1:
Castro: 6
RGN: 5
Twistory: 5

pikachu: 4
PGH: 4
evergreen: 4

Castro2020 is elected to the Assembly with surplus. His surplus vote will be 0.167 for each vote, transferring 4 votes to Pikachu, one vote to DemPGH, and one vote to a Person. RGN and twistory123 are elected without surpluses.

ROUND 2:
Castro: 5
twistory: 5

pikachu: 4.667
PGH: 4.167
evergreen: 4.167

Since no candidates met the quota, the lowest amount of votes must be eliminated. Since there is a tie between DemPGH and evergreen for the lowest amount of votes, and it must be broken by a preference count.

DemPGH and evergreen both have four 1st preferences. Therefore, we must proceed to second preferences.

evergreen has 7 second preferences. DemPGH has five. Therefore, the tie is broken in favor of evergreen, and DemPGH is eliminated for having the lowest amount of votes.

ROUND 3:
Castro: 5
twistory: 5
pikachu: 4.667
evergreen: 4.167
DemPGH: 4.167 (tie)

There are five candidates left for five seats.

Therefore, I hereby certify that Castro2020, RGN, twistory, pikachu, and a Person have been elected to the Northeast Assembly.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #220 on: June 23, 2015, 11:59:06 AM »

Surely Twistory is still counted as a sock?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #221 on: June 23, 2015, 12:15:34 PM »

Surely Twistory is still counted as a sock?

He's been disproven, I have enough evidence to believe that he isn't a sock, and according to BK, his unban is just waiting on Nym.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #222 on: June 23, 2015, 12:46:59 PM »

The account AutumnLeaf seems to exist for the sole purpose of voting Twistory in. That seems to be basically the equivalent of a sock if an account exists as a zombie of another account for all intents and purposes. That would invalidate AutumnLeaf, and therefore Twistory from the voting booth.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #223 on: June 23, 2015, 01:43:43 PM »

The account AutumnLeaf seems to exist for the sole purpose of voting Twistory in. That seems to be basically the equivalent of a sock if an account exists as a zombie of another account for all intents and purposes. That would invalidate AutumnLeaf, and therefore Twistory from the voting booth.

AutumnLeaf and twistory both have 10 posts in the last 56 days, and the CCJA specifically states that the crime of voter fraud only applies to "the creation of identities other than one's primary identity". I have information (that I won't release because it could compromise his privacy) proving that they're both two separate people, and Bacon King, JoMCaR, and twistory all back this information up.

Meatpuppetry is definitely sketchy, but this seems to be done through legal means. It is what it is.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #224 on: June 23, 2015, 02:27:25 PM »

I was never quite fond of meatpuppets.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies