Office of Governor Sawx - Come One, Come All (SPECIAL ELECTION AHOY)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:24:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Governor Sawx - Come One, Come All (SPECIAL ELECTION AHOY)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Author Topic: Office of Governor Sawx - Come One, Come All (SPECIAL ELECTION AHOY)  (Read 22676 times)
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2015, 10:20:57 PM »

This is the thread for Poirot's camaign, right? Endorsed if so Tongue
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2015, 07:53:28 AM »

Naturally, endorsed
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2015, 09:38:50 AM »

Sawx is my man.

Endorsed.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2015, 04:41:27 PM »

Beaver Stadium - State College, PA

First of all, I'd like to welcome Poirot to the race for governor and wish him luck.

Second of all, I'd like to address his points. Firstly, I'd like to address his point about harmonious relationships with the Assembly - which ties into his point about compromise. For a while, we've debated on whether "ayy lmao" is mocking and jeering or not, and those comments were made in jest, of course. I've made that clear to Winfield, and I'm confident that we do not have any ill will towards each other. SirNick, though, was obviously a different case - a case of personal attacks towards anyone who disagreed with him, blatant abuse of power, and shady actions towards those who stood against his rise. In contrast, I've given former opponents political positions in my term - my first lieutenant governor was my opponent in September, and my current lieutenant governor was Barnes' biggest supporter against me.

It's also worth noting that my opponent defended SirNick's actions last week. Behind these platitudes of friendship being magic is a man who essentially believes that attacking people is justified if people aren't taking a game seriously. I've passed legislation with certain members of the Assembly of the far-right variety. Specifically, NJ Christian was the deciding vote for establishing 30-minute recesses in our schools, and I would have signed Winfield's Childhood Protection Act into law had it passed the Assembly.

I have also stood up for our regional rights and defended our Northeastern culture of liberty against certain forces looking to dismantle it - all while moving this region forward. Poirot says he'll move this region forward, but believed that SirNick was in his rights to dedicate a quarter of his Assembly term entirely to repealing a year's worth of past bills, even when the SOAP gave him the power to debate two slots of whatever he wanted. When people decided to introduce bad bills, I've worked with them to squeeze something productive out of them instead of simply encouraging that they be tabled.

Also, Poirot pledges to support high-speed rail in his campaign. I applaud his support for rail from New York to Montreal, and I believe that it's very important. However, I'd like to directly adopt Assemblyman shua's idea of a high-speed rail line from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh. Also, I'd like to float my own idea of a rail system - the Nittany Rail. This railroad would add the cities of Williamsport, Lewisburg, and you all in State College to the rail system of Pennsylvania and allow for easier access to each city from Altoona, Harrisburg, and Lewistown. Penn State football is the most popular team in the Northeast, and has a huge following in the Mid-Atlantic region. I believe that expanding our rail system to your city would be a cash cow for our region that would benefit central Pennsylvania greatly, and I'll make it a priority in this upcoming term if I'm elected.

Thank you all for listening, and good night.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2015, 11:35:57 PM »

I'm glad you are interested in my idea, and whether you or Poirot win, I would look forward to our regions working towards developing connections in transit. Another possibility to consider is making a less costly Pittsburgh to Baltimore line, as currently there is already a line connecting Baltimore and Philadelphia.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2015, 11:44:03 PM »

I'm glad you are interested in my idea, and whether you or Poirot win, I would look forward to our regions working towards developing connections in transit. Another possibility to consider is making a less costly Pittsburgh to Baltimore line, as currently there is already a line connecting Baltimore and Philadelphia.

I'd certainly be willing to work with you and Governor TDAS to make that possible as well.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2015, 11:48:22 PM »

I'd certainly be willing to work with you and Governor TDAS to make that possible as well.

You shouldn't count out the South on a project like this, I'd love to discuss with both of you, as well as Governor Simfan, and whoever turns out to be the Governor in the Midwest election about this.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2015, 11:53:56 PM »

You shouldn't count out the South on a project like this, I'd love to discuss with both of you, as well as Governor Simfan, and whoever turns out to be the Governor in the Midwest election about this.

Naturally - I'd love for all of us to have a chat about the future of rail in our great nation.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2015, 05:38:22 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

~Sawx

I don't see the big stink about this.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2015, 05:44:11 PM »

Endorsed!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2015, 06:03:17 PM »

~Sawx

You want me to rescind my endorsement don't you?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2015, 06:12:05 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2015, 06:27:19 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

~Sawx

I honestly don't have any opinion on this bill. Contrary to popular belief, I just focus on laying out guidelines for policy, and don't actually use most of the power I have unless the circumstances call for it. If I don't have an opinion on a bill, whether I'm simply undecided or simply don't believe it's an important enough issue to debate, I simply defer to the will of the Assembly or the people - which is what I did with this bill.

If you have a problem with it, you're welcome to take a trip up to Montreal and visit Poirot, or run for Vice Chair in April.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2015, 09:45:32 PM »

~Sawx

I honestly don't have any opinion on this bill. Contrary to popular belief, I just focus on laying out guidelines for policy, and don't actually use most of the power I have unless the circumstances call for it. If I don't have an opinion on a bill, whether I'm simply undecided or simply don't believe it's an important enough issue to debate, I simply defer to the will of the Assembly or the people - which is what I did with this bill.

If you have a problem with it, you're welcome to take a trip up to Montreal and visit Poirot, or run for Vice Chair in April.

Well, that was unnecessarily snippy.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2015, 11:06:10 PM »

~Sawx

Well, that was unnecessarily snippy.

Very well then. Take two: If you've got a problem with how I govern things, you're welcome to PM me or whoever is the sponsor of the bill, or even throw your two cents in in the debate thread. Despite the fact that I took your blunt comment as needlessly snippy, and some previous comments we've made to each other on other venues, I actually have respect for you (as I do with Simfan, who stopped by our debate threads to express his discontent at one point) and your opinions. I'm sure if you came to my office with these opinions instead of unnecessary threats, I'd take your disagreements in stride or even consider them.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2015, 11:16:13 PM »

I think if you knew my sense of humour after this long, you'd realise that that was not a threat of any kind. Also know that if I had a REAL issue with this, that I'd just tell you via PM.

Do I really need to do Tongue at the end of everything to have people know I'm not being serious? Good lord, after all of the D-R-A-M-A in the Assembly.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2015, 11:30:16 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2015, 11:33:19 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

...well, this is embarrassing, to say the least. My sincerest apologies to all of you - especially my Senator.

In the great words of our Mideastern Senator, I'm basically a retard.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2015, 11:50:04 PM »

Members of The Party do not, under any circumstances, go after each other in public. Even if a cat fight is real, we do it behind our bedroom door.

Rule #2 in The Party's handbook.

But I still like you sawx, so I'll let this one slide Wink
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2015, 12:13:33 AM »
« Edited: February 17, 2015, 02:24:22 AM by Sawx, King in the North »

You're acting like I don't go over the top with everything I do. Tongue

But in all seriousness, I should probably distance myself from this since I'm getting sucked in.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2015, 02:29:36 PM »

Governor, there had been a development in New York re: SirNick case
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2015, 03:20:05 PM »

Statement Regarding SirNick's Capture

Today, we've made great strides against SirNick, Terrorist of the North. We will immediately request the extradition of SirNick to Riker's Island, where he will be subjected to hourly "behavioral classes" from my friends awaiting a trial. Also, we will be charging him with the following:

• One (1) count of terrorism
  • Thirty-one (31) counts of arson
  • Thirty-one (31) counts of vandalism
  • Thirty (30) counts of reckless endangerment
  • Fifty (50) counts of destruction of property damage

While it is impossible to charge him with another count of terrorism under the Anti-Terrorism Act, I believe that arson against the government, for malicious means, fits the classical definition of terrorism. I also strongly encourage Attorney General ZuWo, and Governor TDAS to prosecute SirNick for destroying all of his records in Nyman as Game Moderator, and to bring up similar charges there as well.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2015, 03:25:57 PM »

The sure the Spanish will process necessary papers quickly, Governor.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2015, 03:57:37 PM »

The Sawx administration offers his condolences to the family and friends of Aaron Green, who died protecting one of our most precious treasures of Atlasia. We must come together in these trying times to heal and protect our nation and its rights. To help thwart the terrorists, I urge you: this weekend, go get out and vote. No matter if you support me or Poirot, Matt or Talley or cinyc, your opinion counts. Let's defeat the terrorists together.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2015, 12:51:51 AM »

Mac's Tavern - Philadelphia, PA

"Well, dawgs, looks like I've won. Congrats, everyone. Poirot, you're still my dawg. Rest of the drinks are on me."
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2015, 05:26:28 PM »

Congratulations, comrade.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2015, 05:42:53 PM »

~Sawx

Common sense legislation.

Vetoed.

I'm still concerned that schools will decide to cut into actual lunch periods, and I'm still committed to my 30-minute minimum. I'd be very open to the funding provision in a separate bill, however.

[/quote]

~Sawx

While I do understand that there are constitutional concerns, my charges of terrorism are under the classical definition. SirNick maliciously committed arson against the government to protest the people's recall, and if he ever dares to step foot inside Atlasian territory again, he will be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I'm signing this bill, of course, to make sure that this will never happen again under anyone's watch.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies