Office of Governor Sawx - Come One, Come All (SPECIAL ELECTION AHOY)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:44:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Governor Sawx - Come One, Come All (SPECIAL ELECTION AHOY)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13
Author Topic: Office of Governor Sawx - Come One, Come All (SPECIAL ELECTION AHOY)  (Read 22660 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2015, 07:28:36 PM »

BK is not crazy. Senator I know crazy, I was good friends with crazy, I served crazy, you don't know crazy. Tongue

Some reason I felt motivated to post that, but that's Crazy.

As for activity, BK has struggled as far back as late 2010 on that front. After Tmth cost me the PPTship by voting for BK in March 2010, I figured I would never get it back. I challenged him every time to "provide competition", but it was a lost clause.

Then in September 2010, he "forgot" to declare and I won it back. I then got serve as PPT during Halloween and we had so much fun, didn't we, Duke, bgwah, BK, Libertas, Andrew, Dallasfan, Franzl, Barnes, Hans and Bullmoose? Evil Good Times, Good Times.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2015, 07:30:45 PM »

BK is not crazy. Senator I know crazy, I was good friends with crazy, I served crazy, you don't know crazy. Tongue

Some reason I felt motivated to post that, but that's Crazy.

As for activity, BK has struggled as far back as late 2010 on that front. After Tmth cost me the PPTship by voting for BK in March 2010, I figured I would never get it back. I challenged him every time to "provide competition", but it was a lost clause.

Then in September 2010, he "forgot" to declare and I won it back. I then got serve as PPT during Halloween and we had so much fun, didn't we, Duke, bgwah, BK, Libertas, Andrew, Dallasfan, Franzl, Barnes, Hans and Bullmoose? Evil Good Times, Good Times.
Of course he's not crazy, he's a super guy that I like and respect a lot Smiley.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #152 on: March 31, 2015, 07:34:57 PM »

Well, are you talking about yourself? I was asking you why you didn't appoint a NE Labor member and the only thing you did was attacking me about a thing made last month.

Wrong again!

I just said that I appointed DKrol because I am a man of integrity, and I had already lined him up for an appointment when he lost the election in February. You didn't like this, so you decided to question my commitment to working with you for trying to keep a promise I made to someone, and I just decided to question yours in return.

You don't want people to question your commitment? Put your problems aside and work with everyone in it. It's why the Northeast is the best region in the world.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #153 on: March 31, 2015, 07:39:27 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2015, 07:51:04 PM by Mideast Senator and Senate speaker windjammer »

Well, are you talking about yourself? I was asking you why you didn't appoint a NE Labor member and the only thing you did was attacking me about a thing made last month.

Wrong again!

I just said that I appointed DKrol because I am a man of integrity, and I had already lined him up for an appointment when he lost the election in February. You didn't like this, so you decided to question my commitment to working with you for trying to keep a promise I made to someone, and I just decided to question yours in return.

You don't want people to question your commitment? Put your problems aside and work with everyone in it. It's why the Northeast is the best region in the world.
I criticized your decision of appointing Dkrolga because it did cost a seat for my party for 3 weeks.
And you tried to defend yourself by attacking my record. So this is basically what you're reproaching me, you know, when criticized, overreacting and answering by critics.

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2015, 07:42:59 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2015, 07:45:05 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

Wrong again!

I criticized your decision of appointing Dkrolga because it did cost a seat for my party for 3 WEEKS.
And you tried to defend yourself by attacking my record. So this is basically what you're reproaching me, you know, when criticized, overreacting and answering by critics.

A seat that you are not entitled to. The people elected Blair, not Labor.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2015, 07:44:00 PM »

Wrong again!

I criticized your decision of appointing Dkrolga because it did cost a seat for my party for 3 WEEKS.

The people elected Blair, a member of the Labor Party.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #156 on: March 31, 2015, 07:57:51 PM »

So by your logic, since Duke and I voted for Griffin in the special election, we would vote for any Laborite over our any TPPer to succeed BK, and since Talleyrand gave Pikachu a 1st preference, he believes TPP is the best party to govern the Assembly.

See how fycking ridiculous that sounds?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #157 on: March 31, 2015, 08:05:36 PM »

So by your logic, since Duke and I voted for Griffin in the special election, we would vote for any Laborite over our any TPPer to succeed BK, and since Talleyrand gave Pikachu a 1st preference, he believes TPP is the best party to govern the Assembly.

See how fycking ridiculous that sounds?
Sawx,
This wasn't a non partisan election. It would be ridiculous if indeed I would have known for example that Blair was a catholic and I would have reproached for having appointed a protestant.
But this is a party. The party who is listed on the ballot. So please, don't be hypocrit. You party GOVT a lot, like I do. You know how important the party is for the voters before casting their votes. Especially when all of the candidates except Matt never ran for an office before, right? So yes, people vote as well for the party, and often most for the party than for the candidate when this is a really local race with many newbies.
That doesn't mean every labor voter will vote for a laborite, or that every TPP voter will vote for a TPP. But most of them do.
Northeasters indeed voted to elect two 2 laborites as their representative. And this is sad to see you're not respecting their will. I would have said the same thing if it had happened in the ME. If for instance, Truman resigned, I would strongly urge TDAS04 to appoint a member of TPP because they voted to elect a TPPer.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #158 on: March 31, 2015, 08:14:28 PM »

Well I just hate to wade into this little debate of sorts, but I would like to point out for purely vote-counting/partisan/mechanical reasons that, in a vacuum where votes were subtracted from candidates that weren't from their own parties, Blair and Clyde would have won based on the Labor votes cast for them alone, while one of the TPP candidates wouldn't have won without a Labor vote. Now carry on.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #159 on: March 31, 2015, 08:21:17 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2015, 08:25:49 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

Either way, I am a man of my word, and my word after the April elections was that DKrol was first in line. With all due respect to the Labor Party, my word is more important than any marching orders, especially when those orders and condemnations come from outside my region.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #160 on: March 31, 2015, 08:26:57 PM »

Either way, I am a man of my word, and my word after the April elections was that DKrol was first in line. With all due respect, my word is more important than any marching orders, especially those from outside my region.
Could you stop overreacting? I never ordered you anything. I m just pissed off that my party lost half of his NE seats and that you find that totally normal.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #161 on: March 31, 2015, 08:40:14 PM »

Are we really getting worked up at a Governor exercising a prerogative backed up by a decade of precedent? We don't have party list voting in Atlasia. If, say, TPP had a Senator in the Mideast and they resigned I wouldn't expect TDAS to not appoint a Laborite. It's part of the job of being Governor.

(and DK isn't even of our party!)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #162 on: March 31, 2015, 09:38:35 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2015, 11:35:56 PM by Governor Flo »

all of y'all need to calm down.

sawx: in all reality, you should've appointed a laborite, since the good people of the northeast did vote for two liebors, and promising someone an appointment usually isn't a good idea

windjammer: there really was no need to start this, as i said, sawx should've appointed a laborite, but he's not even a member of the party, and it really does appear that every active northeastern laborite holds some sort of office

so both of you calm down, don't break any treaties that y'all have put into place (and that i'm barely aware of (and I'd like to know about)), and man up and tell each other you're sorry. we don't need any of this personal bickering.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #163 on: March 31, 2015, 10:10:18 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2015, 10:56:14 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

sawx: in all reality, you should've appointed a laborite, since the good people of the northeast did vote for two liebors

I would have if there were Laborites to appoint.

It's a tough situation, and I shouldn't have promised someone an Assembly seat, but it is what it is.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #164 on: March 31, 2015, 10:42:06 PM »

*Sigh*

I just came here to wish DKrol the best. Smiley
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #165 on: March 31, 2015, 10:43:41 PM »

Indeed, Congrats on the appointment dkrolga. Smiley
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2015, 02:53:54 AM »
« Edited: April 01, 2015, 03:45:14 AM by Sawx, King in the North »

As for an apology, when Windjammer accepts mine for accusing him of exploiting BK's mental health troubles, and when he apologizes for attacking our party, taking remarks my allies have made out of context to try and make me look bad, and cuts the Mideast-style politics of brinksmanship out, I'll be glad to apologize for attacking him.

But as of now? The only thing I did wrong was make a promise I shouldn't have.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #167 on: April 04, 2015, 07:42:07 PM »

The following bills have been passed by the Assembly and have been sent to you for your signature or veto:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #168 on: April 04, 2015, 10:05:45 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2015, 11:08:35 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

~Sawx

Our seniors need to get around somehow.

~Sawx

This gives us the funding needed for our rail expansion, which will expand our tourism, our business, and our connections to our neighbors in the Mideast.

Vetoed.

While preventing distracted driving is a noble cause, I still have trouble seeing how this law will be enforced. People, quite frankly, in this day and age, will still text and drive, and tough laws against it will not stop it. In fact, I believe that people will put more effort into concealing their phones, which will detract from their attention to the road. Accidents have not decreased, and neither has the practice itself.

If the Assembly is willing to discuss a way that it can be put into action efficiently, I'd be willing to sign it. However, I will not sign a law without a plan of endorsement.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #169 on: April 04, 2015, 11:07:39 PM »

Thank you Governor.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #170 on: April 09, 2015, 05:26:34 PM »

The following bill has been tied in the Assembly and have been sent to you for your decision:

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #171 on: April 09, 2015, 05:45:35 PM »

I'll ignore it. I believe that this isn't a big enough deal to set up a referendum anyway.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #172 on: April 13, 2015, 01:56:34 PM »

This has passed the Assembly and awaits your signature or veto.

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #173 on: April 13, 2015, 04:47:24 PM »

~Sawx

I honestly couldn't care any less about this bill. Since the ROTA was never a big deal for me anyway, I'll defer to the Assembly.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2015, 06:58:34 PM »

This has passed the Assembly and awaits your signature or veto.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies