Massachusetts Question 1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:43:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Massachusetts Question 1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you vote yes or no on this ballot measure?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Massachusetts Question 1  (Read 1250 times)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« on: October 28, 2014, 11:20:22 AM »

Yes, given that the gas tax is regressive and hits strained working class budgets harder than it does anyone else.

These. I certainly plan on voting yes.

Hard no. The gas tax is one of the most effective measures of reducing gasoline consumption. I'd vote for an increase even, but hooking it to inflation is just common sense.

Yes, because God forbid any of us need to drive to work to earn piss poor wages, and wish to have some money left over after fueling the car. Roll Eyes
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 10:15:00 PM »

No. Faux concern for the poor (strange how all of a sudden, when the precious automobile is at stake; conservatives are OK with regressive taxation) is a ruse.

Especially in a densely populated state like Massachusetts, the aim should be to render the private automobile as a luxurious non-necessity; not continue to prop up the practice with underhand subsidisation.

Just FYI automobiles are a necessity for many of us Massachusetts folk, as we don't all live in Boston.

Hard no. The gas tax is one of the most effective measures of reducing gasoline consumption. I'd vote for an increase even, but hooking it to inflation is just common sense.

Yes, because God forbid any of us need to drive to work to earn piss poor wages, and wish to have some money left over after fueling the car. Roll Eyes

So do you just not support reducing gasoline consumption or do you have another proposition?

Uhhhh, of course I support moving to renewable energy. But the truth of the matter is while I really can't afford gax tax hikes, I am still going to fill up my car whether they are imposed or not, so I can get to work, and school, thus keeping myself alive and hopefully bettering myself in the future. Your argument that the gas tax will result in lower gas consumption doesn't really make sense given that the vast majority of people are still going to fill their tanks so they can get to where they need to be to earn a living. All gas tax hikes do is punish people for using gas, which for many of us non-enlightened folks unlike yourself, is still a necessity.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies