If you were going to a Halloween costume party..........
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:05:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  If you were going to a Halloween costume party..........
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If you were going to a Halloween costume party..........  (Read 396 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2014, 05:05:07 PM »

..........who or what would you go as?

Myself, I would go as Luke Skywalker.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 05:27:56 PM »

Last time I dressed up for a party I went as Silent Bob (a buddy was Jay).  We nailed it.

edit
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 05:51:31 PM »

I'm going to one this friday, and I'm probably just gonna wear this old as hell mask I've worn for the last 3 Halloweens. It's spooky. I say I'm a different person each year (3 years ago I was Jimmy Carter, 2 years ago I was Richard Nixon, last year I was Bob Barker, I think this year I'm gonna say Reagan.)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 05:55:10 PM »

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 08:04:16 PM »

Software pirate one year.  

Regular pirate one year.

Bill Clinton one year.  (he was the President of the US, long before you were born, in case you were wondering)

Vampire one year.

This year I think I'm going to try to do Pancho Villa.  I have a sombrero, and I can do a brunette mustache if I snip a bit of my wife's hair.  (I cut my hair recently enough so that the blonde is short and can be covered by the hat.)  And I'll wear sunglasses.  I also have a big ole burlap pancho that I bought in Guatemala.  It's very colorful.  I don't have any cowboy boots but I have some Doc Marten's that will pass, and a white Mandarin-style collar dress shirt some old faded blue jeans.  I'll get a six of Dos Equis or Tecate and come in drinking one, so I think I can pull it off.  
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 08:12:11 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2014, 08:47:32 PM by DemPGH »

The last time I actually went to a Halloween party I over-dressed along with the lady I went with. "What the hell are we gonna wear?" "Well, let's just really overdress." It worked. We fit in because at least a third of the other were in the same boat. We could have been a tycoon / gangster and his lady or a lady and her tycoon / gangster. Tongue I guess we weren't prepared for any of the gimmicky stuff, so it was a cop-out of sorts.  But hey, there was a lot of wine and so on, so it was good.

What was really fun, though, was that when you showed up you got a riddle and had to find an item in the house the answered the riddle. Ours was a mirror, as I recall. It was cool.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 09:42:11 PM »

I've been noticing lately how many people around here decorate their houses for Halloween. Not just the fake cobwebs, but also all sorts of plastic headstones and talking monsters and whatever other Party City crap shipped in from China that will soon get either thrown away or shoved up into attic. It all seems so wasteful.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 11:19:53 PM »

For this year?

Probably This;

they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 11:22:21 PM »

I'm going to be an Ingress team captain.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 11:48:11 PM »

I've been noticing lately how many people around here decorate their houses for Halloween. Not just the fake cobwebs, but also all sorts of plastic headstones and talking monsters and whatever other Party City crap shipped in from China that will soon get either thrown away or shoved up into attic. It all seems so wasteful.
It's bad in Omaha.  It's like people are competing against each other.  It's not to Christmas levels, but it's getting close.   And I think it's wasteful too.  I don't understand how people can spend (what I'm assuming is) thousands of dollars on this crap.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 12:41:59 AM »

My first option for a costume choice would be to dress up as the Bradley Effect:

http://bloggingheads.tv/videos/2317?in=00:24&out=03:00

Though I'd also consider going as a death panel, or an electoral college tie.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies