oh boy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:37:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  oh boy
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: oh boy  (Read 737 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2014, 06:01:29 PM »

Post missing from voting thread

answers wanted

thx
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 06:05:13 PM »

It's why I think the SoFE should print the voting booth to PDF immediately following the close of every election.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 06:07:01 PM »

Maybe you should actually elaborate on what the missing post is
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 06:15:05 PM »

It's why I think the SoFE should print the voting booth to PDF immediately following the close of every election.

this was in the northeast election. Im 100% sure Deus' vote was on page 2 yesterday.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 06:21:46 PM »

Are you talking about the regional election?  If so, you must be confused.  Deus's vote is here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=201030.msg4351023#msg4351023
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 06:29:16 PM »

answers wanted

thx

A bit of advice, Napoleon: if you're going to make a big claim or accusation, you'll save quite a lot of everyone's time if you make it specific, clear and direct. We all have better things to do with our lives than trying to divine what the hell it is that internet Napoleon is talking about.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 06:35:21 PM »

Are you talking about the regional election?  If so, you must be confused.  Deus's vote is here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=201030.msg4351023#msg4351023

im well aware that deus vote is there. Im also aware that yesterday it was at the top of page 2. Therefore someone deleted a post. Who and why?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 06:48:39 PM »

answers wanted

thx

I deleted my own post in the MW governor's thread.

It was pretty weird and fucked up.  Of course, FitzGerald is a schmuck, but I think that those going after him are bigger schmucks, so by comparison FitzGerald doesn't look so bad.  It's sort of like Clinton versus the GOP congress in '98.  You were probably in diapers at the time, but let me tell you that they were all assholes.  Clinton was a major asshole, but the guys going after him were even bigger assholes, so in the end Clinton came off smelling like a rose.  (or perhaps like a cigar, which in those days was about as near to a rose as we could get.)  
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 06:50:01 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2014, 06:52:06 PM by Barnes »

im well aware that deus vote is there. Im also aware that yesterday it was at the top of page 2. Therefore someone deleted a post. Who and why?

Please stop throwing out questions like you're running the Star Chamber in here - that's totally unnecessary. 

There is nothing stopping anyone from deleting their ballot and then reposting it. Doing so would have changed the order of posts - there is no impropriety in that in any way.  There were 33 votes when the results were calculated, there are 33 votes now.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm speaking on regional law - which is much more flexible than federal law in this area.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 07:49:44 PM »

answers wanted

thx

A bit of advice, Napoleon: if you're going to make a big claim or accusation, you'll save quite a lot of everyone's time if you make it specific, clear and direct. We all have better things to do with our lives than trying to divine what the hell it is that internet Napoleon is talking about.

heh, yeah right. Had I listened to you I wouldnt have seen angus' beautiful prose in my thread.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 08:09:37 PM »

Please stop throwing out questions like you're running the Star Chamber in here - that's totally unnecessary. 

There is nothing stopping anyone from deleting their ballot and then reposting it. Doing so would have changed the order of posts - there is no impropriety in that in any way.  There were 33 votes when the results were calculated, there are 33 votes now.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm speaking on regional law - which is much more flexible than federal law in this area.

Prohibitions against editing one's ballot after a certain time naturally also apply to ballots that are deleted and reposted. Otherwise, the time limit for editing a vote would be meaningless since everyone could just avoid it by deleting their old ballot if they want to edit it after the time limit (and deletion is arguably an edit anyway).

I do believe Federal laws regarding vote edits/deletions apply for regional elections as well though admittedly I'm unfamiliar with the details of the case law.

Also I'm curious about the flexibility you're referring to because as far as I can tell, Northeastern law specifically and explicitly prohibits ballot deletion
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 08:16:12 PM »

To be honest, I haven't seen that page before with regard to NE elections.  It was passed a decade ago and was in effect for a constitution that is no longer in place (the one in '04).  The Northeast has had at least two since then. 

To my knowledge, those regulations have not been applied to elections for the Assembly since it was first established.

In my opinion, those regulations are basically defunct.  In conducting elections, I've referenced the most up-to-date version of the NE Constitution and any statute passed by the Assembly since it's establishment in 2009.

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 08:30:34 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2014, 08:52:10 PM by Bacon King »

To be honest, I haven't seen that page before with regard to NE elections.  It was passed a decade ago and was in effect for a constitution that is no longer in place (the one in '04).  The Northeast has had at least two since then. 

To my knowledge, those regulations have not been applied to elections for the Assembly since it was first established.

In my opinion, those regulations are basically defunct.  In conducting elections, I've referenced the most up-to-date version of the NE Constitution and any statute passed by the Assembly since it's establishment in 2009.

I skimmed through the Northeast statute and I haven't seen any more recent law that repealed or overwrote the clause I linked to. Although there's also this 2011 law that specifically prohibits any ballot alteration whatsoever - it was passed only a couple of months before the most recent constitution, nothing in the current constitution counteracts it, and I don't see any law contradicting it that's been passed more recently
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 08:49:07 PM »

OK, that certainly looks like it's still on the books.  You see the problem with statute up here?! Wink  We need to put together an election administrator handbook.

One ballot was edited in the booth, I will recalculate the results with that vote excluded.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 09:20:10 PM »

OK, the re-calculation would have been easy enough to do by hand, but just to be sure, I inputted every vote (minus the one that was edited) again manually.  The overall numbers yield the same result as previously.  Of course, if anyone would like to double check, please feel free to do so.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 10:12:23 PM »

Most recently passed was the supremacy act so federal regulations apply. Votes can be edited up to twenty minutes. I was under the impression Barnes was referencing a new law that I just couldnt find.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 10:16:39 PM »

Most recently passed was the supremacy act so federal regulations apply. Votes can be edited up to twenty minutes. I was under the impression Barnes was referencing a new law that I just couldnt find.

Again, sorry about missing the regional statute on this - it is over three years old.  Regardless of whether or not the edited vote is counted the results remain the same.

It would be a good idea for us to clarify all of this with a bill in the Assembly, however.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 10:46:04 PM »

Are we sure someone deleted a ballot? Barnes listed 33 votes when the booth was closed and there are 33 votes still in the booth. Just in case:

People who have no votes in the NE regional voting booth:

Maez (hasn't logged in in months)
Rejectamenta (didn't vote)

Nathan (wouldn't do it; pretty sure he didn't vote)
Cincinnatus (wouldn't do it; pretty sure he didn't vote)
homelycooking (wouldn't do it)
afleitch
Dallasfan65

I for one think it's hilarious that none of us paid enough attention to the race to be able to remember who potentially deleted a ballot. This is what we get when an election quickly becomes non-competitive.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 03:38:45 AM »
« Edited: October 28, 2014, 04:07:06 AM by Bacon King »

Are we sure someone deleted a ballot? Barnes listed 33 votes when the booth was closed and there are 33 votes still in the booth. Just in case:

I think apparently someone deleted their first page vote to revote on the second page- hence Deus's vote jumping from page 2 to page 1 but the total vote count staying the same?

Also it sure is D-GA in here
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies