RNC Chair: Hillary Clinton not really good at politics
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:45:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  RNC Chair: Hillary Clinton not really good at politics
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: RNC Chair: Hillary Clinton not really good at politics  (Read 1508 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2014, 07:28:43 PM »

Aha...

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/reince-priebus-hillary-clinton-not-really-good-at-politics-112235.html

“There’d be no one you would want more to run against than Hillary Clinton, and on top of it, she’s not really good at politics,” Priebus said, pointing to her recent book tour, which he called a “disaster.”

“She talks off the cuff; it doesn’t work,” he said. “She makes one mistake after the next.”
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 07:31:46 PM »

Who does he think he's fooling?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 10:14:29 PM »

Let's not kid ourselves--would Hillary Rodham even have gotten into the Senate, much less SoS? The idea that she's a brilliant politician or that her election would be any sort of victory for women or feminism is a total joke.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 10:23:12 PM »

Let's not kid ourselves--would Hillary Rodham even have gotten into the Senate, much less SoS? The idea that she's a brilliant politician or that her election would be any sort of victory for women or feminism is a total joke.

No matter what you think the first female HoS is obviously an important symbolic miliestone.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 10:44:19 PM »

The only reason people even think about the name 'Clinton' is because of Hillary. Bill is nothing without Hillary.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 10:51:42 PM »

No matter what you think the first female HoS is obviously an important symbolic miliestone.

I don't care about symbolism. I care about achievements in office--and I doubt that Hillary will accomplish anything meaningful for women (or anyone other than the ruling elite which will gain from her wars and her dismantling of what remains of the New Deal/Great Society).

Medicare and Medicaid will not last the decade. Long live Obamacare.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 10:52:47 PM »

Hillary was greatly influential in her husband's election as Governor and in 1992. She was more of a running mate to Bill than Gore was.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 11:07:50 PM »

I don't care about symbolism. I care about achievements in office--and I doubt that Hillary will accomplish anything meaningful for women (or anyone other than the ruling elite which will gain from her wars and her dismantling of what remains of the New Deal/Great Society).

Nah, I think you're too pessimistic. She'll be at least an okay president.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 12:23:57 AM »

And she will be more successful in her life than Reince Priebus ever will.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 12:55:43 PM »

She's never been good at retail campaigning, in fact she's quite awful at it.  However, that's only one aspect of politics.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 01:04:51 PM »

And she will be more successful in her life than Reince Priebus ever will.
We can agree on that: Preibus is an idiot, and Hillary is a formidable opponent.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 05:01:37 PM »

Are there any Democrats who are good at politics? I haven't seen them. They all bumble around presuming that because the overwhelming majority of people would benefit from their policies that there is no reason to make the sale. Republicans, on the other hand, work miracles, getting people to vote for them time and time again even as they contemptuously filibuster non-controversial things like background checks for gun purchases and health care benefits for 9/11 first responders.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 06:03:03 PM »

If Hillary really is so bad at campaigning, Preibus should stop advertising it.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 12:13:06 AM »

Would any high-level Republican say anything good about a living Democratic politician?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 12:15:35 AM »

Would any high-level Republican say anything good about a living Democratic politician?

The Republicans sure seemed to love Hillary when they were constantly talking her up as so much better than Obama. Look for this dynamic to begin to reverse once Hillary declares.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 10:55:46 AM »

Hillary isn't a particularly deft political operator, but Priebus is just a troll trying to earn a paycheck.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 10:42:14 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Pretty sure the liberal base would hate her more as they should, and the conservative base might admire her in Fox News Liberal sort of way...then again...considering even Colmes was too much.

Well I guess Reagan was a stopped clock too.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 11:39:30 PM »

Pretty sure they opened up "Joe Biden.docx" and copy/pasted into "Hillary Clinton.docx"
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 11:48:01 PM »

She actually isn't. If she was a man, she would be eaten alive much more by both bases.

Yeah, that reverse sexism is tough, huh?

I don't understand this narrative that Hillary is a bad politician.  She lacks the retail politics skills of Bill, sure.  But, every politician lacks the retail politics skills of Bill.  However, Hillary is actually a really lovely person, kind, intelligent, personable.  When she's allowed to be herself, she really shines.  She's doesn't give the soaring Obama type speeches, but I would actually say that she's a far more effective communicator at the every day level than Obama.

So yeah, that's just Republican wishful thinking.  Here's a reality check, compare Hillary Clinton's general political talent to Romney, Marco Rubio or Scott Walker, that's the real question here.  Hillary Clinton would curb-stomp almost every plausible GOP candidate.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 12:10:12 AM »

When she starts ranting, the sound of her voice is capable of reducing the mighty Redwood forests to piles of sawdust. Unfortunately for Democrats, Hillary's old-nag-meets-saw-mill tonal signature does not detract from her hollow rhetoric and faulty policy proposals.

People like her because she has an alpha personality, and we live in a culture where celebrity-worship is a form of self-actualization.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 12:35:32 AM »

Hillary Clinton is a solid debater, but a meh-to-poor campaigner. I mean, we'll see, but against most of the GOP, I think she's a good bet. 2016 won't be the year for them to beat her.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 12:40:21 AM »

When she starts ranting, the sound of her voice is capable of reducing the mighty Redwood forests to piles of sawdust. Unfortunately for Democrats, Hillary's old-nag-meets-saw-mill tonal signature does not detract from her hollow rhetoric and faulty policy proposals.

Are you sure you're not describing your own posts here?
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 12:50:47 AM »

A great example of how sexist electoral politics is right here in this thread. 

On one hand, women deal with baseless charges of benefiting from a double standard and people get furious whenever they bring up sexism or women's issues.
She actually isn't. If she was a man, she would be eaten alive much more by both bases.

Nobody ever says, if Scott Walker were a woman...  And, that it right there, women in politics have to answer these questions that almost they have to justify being a woman in politics.  And on the other hand,

People like her because she has an alpha personality, and we live in a culture where celebrity-worship is a form of self-actualization.

People still say disgustingly sexist things like this.  So, women get criticized for benefiting from being a woman, criticized for bringing up sexism and they experience overt sexism.  It's like a quadruple standard.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 09:30:28 AM »

Well then, you should agree with the content in all of them, and send me campaign donations.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2014, 07:40:39 PM »

Well then, you should agree with the content in all of them, and send me campaign donations.

Dude, you know it's against the rules to post while drunk?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies