The Office of President-Elect Lumine (Cabinet Choices - Minus SoIA/Interior)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:52:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of President-Elect Lumine (Cabinet Choices - Minus SoIA/Interior)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Office of President-Elect Lumine (Cabinet Choices - Minus SoIA/Interior)  (Read 1123 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2014, 08:21:59 PM »
« edited: November 06, 2014, 07:01:03 PM by President-Elect Lumine »

Office of the President-Elect:

Good day,

This will serve as my official office during the two-week transition period, at which point I will either open a new public office or transform this one to reflect the new situation. With two weeks to go there's a lot to be done and said, so while I understand this is a premature move I also wish to start working as soon as possible, just so the next Administration is as prepared as possible.

It will also be necessary to pick a new cabinet, and the application process will be formally opened in a few minutes, I will recieve applications all the way to Sunday so there's enough time to interview the candidates and discuss the potential appointments with Vice-President Elect SJoyce. Of course, I'll be glad to take and answer any questions as well!

LumineVonReuental, President-Elect.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 08:43:47 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2014, 07:09:11 PM by President-Elect Lumine »

Cabinet Time!

President: LumineVonReuental (Federalist)
Vice President: SJoyce (TPP)

Secretary of Internal Affairs:
Secretary of External Affairs:
Attorney General:

Deputy Sec. for Defense and Intelligence:
Deputy Sec. for Technology, Energy and the Environment:
Deputy Sec. for Treasury and Economic Policy:
Deputy Attorney General / Wiki Secretary: Rpryor03 (National)
At-Large Ambassador for International Reform:

Secretary of Federal Elections: Homelycooking (Independent)
Registar General: Fritz (Labor)
Game Moderator: Currently not up for applications.

White House Chief of Staff: Cris (Federalist)
Commission on Electoral Reform:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

The time has come for the new Cabinet to be selected, and as I promised during the campaign I have a lot of plans and ideas that I want to see enacted. I plan to follow on my proposal of a larger Cabinet so the tasks can be split and the jobs are easier, and since some have already expressed their interest in serving I do feel confident that we will not have any problems to find people interested in working in the White House.

Applications will be accepted from today until Sunday, at which point I will announce whether we need further candidates for any office. Inauguration Day comes on November 7th, so the announcement of the full Cabinet will come one or two days before that. I want to personally invite all those who are interested to send me a PM, after which every candidate will be interviewed and I will ask for the advice of the Vice-President Elect. To those who are unsure about the constitutionality of the Deputies, I should point out that all of them will receive their powers from the main Cabinet members themselves, so the chain of command will be orderly, clear and unambiguous, and these positions do not involve resiging from other offices as long as you think you can deal with both.

Finally, I will confirm that SoFE Homelycooking and RG Fritz will continue to serve in their positions, and I am currently talking to the Game Moderator as well, so for the time being the GM office is not available.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Extra Info:

Official Cabinet:
(Three main offices, priority)

Secretary of External Affairs: The top diplomat of the administration, his military powers and his control over a couple of issues will be delegated so he can focus on strengthening our relationship with the rest of the world, leading initiatives, negotiations and meetings among other duties. The position will be also informally renamed as Secretary of State.

Secretary of Internal Affairs: I have the idea  of having the SoIA delegate control over the most specific domestic issues (which are too many for a single person to handle) so he can focus on working with the Regional Executives and creating regional stories and coordinating the administration’s actions regarding domestic policy. The position will be also informally renamed as Secretary of the Interior, and depending on the Deputies it might also involve handling the economy.

Attorney General: The main authority in law enforcement, the idea is to have an AG focused on fighting terrorist organizations in Atlasia, leading efforts against cyberterrorism, reforming our system so we can prevent another Snowstalker situation, and other similar issues. Thus, he delegates the wiki duties to focus on law enforcement and overall security.

Deputy Cabinet:
(Open number of offices, will gain their authority from the main officers)

Deputy Secretary for Defense and Intelligence: He will handle the entire Defense Department and potentially CIA and the NSA as well, being in charge of the reform of the Defense sector and the army, giving intelligence reports, and leading our efforts in zones like Iraq (with the drone strikes).

Deputy Secretary for Technology, Energy and the Environment: Pretty self-explanatory, he is in charge of those three areas of government, taking the lead in initiatives, proposals and actions regarding these issues. Bonus points if the candidate has a good deal of knowledge reading NASA and the space program.  

Deputy Secretary for the Treasury and Economic Policy: The past events have left our economy weakened and with an uncertain future, and I feel having an officeholder dedicated to economic management could do wonders here. It’s just an idea, so we’ll see if anybody is interested in this position.

Deputy Attorney General: An already official position, he will focus on the update of the wiki as our unofficial “Wiki Secretary”.

At-Large Ambassador for International Reform: He will focus on three specific proposals that need to be enacted; the dissolution of the GTO, the potential creation of the Asian NATO and hopefully the efforts that will lead to reform of the UN.

Other:
(Open number, optional)

Commission on Electoral Reform: Interested on reforming the voting system? This is the job for you! This commission shall be formed by three people and will craft concrete proposals to be discussed before the Senate regarding a secret ballot and the reform of the electoral system for At-Large races.

Of course, if anybody else has any ideas for a different position I’ll be happy to hear them, we need to innovate if we want the Cabinet to be more interesting and active!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 12:44:18 PM »

Announcement: White House Chief of Staff

Back in the October 2013 election I spoke about the potential of the Chief of Staff as an office, and all the way until now I have continued to hold that view. Of course, it's impossible to replicate the exact duties of a Chief of Staff in Atlasia since the context is very different, but that doesn't mean the office should not exist. No, I have decided to appoint a Chief of Staff in order to provide political advice, help from time to time regarding one or two key offices and also to handle polling and the public perception of the administration, something that I would like to see as a key trait of the Lumine/SJoyce administration (a "listening government", if you will).

Because of that and also because of this countless efforts and his invaluable support, I will appoint Midwest Archduke Cris as White House Chief of Staff once Inauguration Day has passed. We will be able to help the White House with his talents while he continues to serve the Midwest as a fantastic officeholder, and I feel we also can prove that we can still rethink new and old positions and make them efficient once again.

Also, I am glad to announce that I have recieved quite a good amount of applications so far, and I hope we will get even more during the next few days!

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 06:12:09 PM »

Just to clarify, I'll answer questions in this thread from now on!

Question for President Elect Lumine

When you take office, do you plan to have Mr. Alfred F. Jones  prosecuted for his participation in the rebellion?

Winfield, I would be lying if I told you I have made a final decision regarding that. Tyrion/Persepolis/Otis/Whatever did gave a pardon to most people involved in the worst days of the crisis, and while some of Alfred's activities continue for a week or so late I'm not sure if acts of violence were really committed (we have no GM or SoIA info on that), hence my reason to hesitate. Needless to say, I am currently thinking about it.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 06:40:14 PM »

It should be. The current GM hasn't made a post in the GM thread in 36 days, and just took a 5-day LOA.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 07:01:29 PM »

It should be. The current GM hasn't made a post in the GM thread in 36 days, and just took a 5-day LOA.

I am aware of that, and needless to say I am talking with the Game Moderator.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 08:16:12 PM »

I agree with Griffin. As long we have a GM, he or she ought to be active. Maybe no one else is willing to serve, but the position has been functionally vacant for over a month. I hope that this will be resolved soon.

Yeah, we essentially have been without a GM for a while now.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 01:56:54 PM »

I've PM'd him and gotten results (estimates for bills), so maybe he just needs to be more out in the open.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 07:08:34 PM »

Announcement: Deputy Attorney General/Wiki Secretary:

It has become rather evident that the wiki is one of the parts of Atlasia that needs help and constant assistance, and while many individuals have done great contributions to the wiki over the past weeks we need a Deputy Attorney General to officially take on that job. While the intention was to announce most of the cabinet the day before, it was really easy to make up my mind here after interviewing the candidate and discussing matters with Vice-President Elect SJoyce. He has never been in the cabinet before, but he has already shown his skill and his activity levels, and I believe he will do a fantastic job.

Because of that, I will appoint Rpryor03 as Deputy Attorney General, and he will be unofficially known as the "Wiki Secretary". He has already worked very hard on the wiki, and to be fair I couldn't ask for a better man for the position.

So far I have received a lot of applications and it is kind of hard to to choose, but to all people who are interested in a position you still have until Sunday to apply. Attorney General and Deputy Secretary of the Treasury are currently the positions with the less demand, so I would encourage people who are interested to send a message. And, of course, a Happy Halloween for all the citizens of Atlasia!

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 07:42:56 PM »

On behalf of the Northeastern Catholic Church, I wish to offer my congratulations and best wishes to the President-elect, whose office got so many books.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 08:15:04 PM »

Good choice!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 08:46:17 PM »

On behalf of the Northeastern Catholic Church, I wish to offer my congratulations and best wishes to the President-elect, whose office got so many books.

Thank you very much, Pope Kalwejt, if there's anything that the White House will have in abundance is books from now on, xD
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 07:00:33 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2014, 07:10:13 PM by President-Elect Lumine »

Well, it is often said that one of the hardest parts of the President's job is to assemble a cabinet, and indeed it is a complicated task. This was a lengthy process, I received many applications and overall I was quite satisfied with the result and the first part of the exercise of expanding the cabinet, although there are still one or two positions still unoccupied. While it was sad to turn down some people since others were chosen to the cabinet, I believe it is a great cabinet and one that will be able to get a lot of things done in Nyman.

Without further delay, here is the (almost) full list of the Lumine/SJoyce Cabinet!

Cabinet Choices!

President: LumineVonReuental (Federalist)
Vice President: SJoyce (TPP)

Secretary of the Interior: Currently open.
Attorney General: Zuwo (Independent)
Secretary of State: Riley/Potus 2036 (Federalist)

Game Moderator: Dr. Cynic (TPP)
Registrar General: Fritz (Labor)
Secretary of Federal Elections: Homelycooking (Independent)

Wiki Secretary: Rpryor03 (National)
Deputy Sec. for Defense and Intelligence: SJoyce (TPP)
At-Large Ambassador for International Reform: Cassius (Federalist)
Deputy Sec. for Technology, Energy and the Environment: Jack Enderman (Federalist)

White House Chief of Staff: Cris (Federalist)
Commission on Electoral Reform: Bore (Labor), Bacon King (TPP) and Rpryor03 (National).

Main Cabinet:

Secretary of the Interior/SoIA: Sadly, the applicants for this position had to withdraw due to personal reasons, leaving this position open. I have currently asked one Atlasian if he's interested in the position, but if someone would like to serve in this office please send me a PM! (I would like to have a nominee as early as possible, hopefully no later than Sunday)

Vice-President SJoyceSad Along with his duties as President of the Senate, I am proud to announce that SJoyce will also serve as the Deputy Secretary for Defense and Intelligence, handling a key part of foreign affairs. Having been SoEA many times in the past and as a leading expert in the international stage, I expect that he will be able to do a great job in that area.

Secretary of State RileySad During the past months Riley has impressed me with his skill and his enthusiasm regarding foreign affairs, he was a great Middle East Envoy and he has been very active as of the past few weeks, so needless to say I expect him to be active, efficient, and overall committed to his new job as our nation's top diplomat, leading the Foreign Department and the many initiatives the administration has in mind.

Attorney General ZuwoSad I believe it's time we have an Attorney General that is truly focused on law enforcement, and while Zuwo has never been on a cabinet before he is a man of skill, experience and resourcefulness, ideal to lead our Justice Department.

Game Moderator Dr. CynicSad Dr. Cynic has a resume and a level of experience almost unmatched in the game, and during the past few months he has showed his skill in the Senate. He has been a strong advocate for the GM postion, and I believe he will be able to show that a Game Moderator can do a lot to improve the game. He is also arranging the issue of a Deputy GM, so there should be an announcement regarding that soon.

Registrar General Fritz and SoFE HomelycookingSad What can be said? They are great officeholders, they do an excellent job with a great work ethic and they are widely respected across the nation, so I was very grateful of them staying over the next four months.

Deputies, Commissions, Staff and Ambassadors:

Deputy Secretary Jack EndermanSad I feel there are many things to do on this policy front, and while being new to the cabinet, Jack gave an excellent interview and he seems very enthusiastic about the potential of his new position (and he has some very interesting ideas as well), so I have high hopes on his future work.

Wiki Secretary Rpryor03Sad Let us be honest, Rpryor has already done a marvelous job with the wiki over the past couple of weeks, updating the Statute and a lot of crucial information. He is the ideal man for his position, no doubt about it!

At-Large Ambassador CassiusSad This position has some very clear (and yet complicated) goals in mind, and Cassius's interview showed that he had the right ideas for the position. While I feel the Senate will miss him, I give him a warm welcome to the Foreign Department, and I am eager to see how Riley, SJoyce and he work together in this crucial front.

Chief of Staff CrisSad As I've already stated, I have a lot of ideas for this position, and I look forward to having Cris's assistance, advice and his skills as a pollster to improve the way the White House works.

Commission Members Bore, Bacon King and Rpryor: As I feel this Commission should be non-partisan and neutral, I am glad to announce that we have a balance in the members of this Commission, all of them with a commitment to the reform of our electoral system and with fantastic skills and records (like Bacon King as a leading legal expert, Bore as a powerful advocate for game and government reform and Rpryor's commitment and enthusiasm towards the game).

Inauguration Day comes tomorrow, and here we go!
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 01:12:35 AM »

Thank you for the opportunity, Lumine!
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2014, 03:41:20 AM »

I would like to echoe the prospective Secretary of State's words. I will be proud to serve under you as Ambassador, and thank you for giving me this opportunity.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2014, 04:47:36 AM »

I'd like to thank the President as well. I'm excited about the prospect of serving in Nyman for the first time. It's going to be a lot of work during the next four months!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies