Is the RGA (meaning Christie) shortchanging Walker?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:17:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is the RGA (meaning Christie) shortchanging Walker?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is the RGA (meaning Christie) shortchanging Walker?  (Read 391 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2014, 09:52:24 PM »

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2014-10-27/the-strategy-behind-the-chris-christiescott-walker-phony-war

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Here's Stephen Hayes on his suspicions that Walker is getting shortchanged by the RGA, as they put more $ into Michigan (granted, Wisconsin is closer, but Michigan is a more expensive state to run in):

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/two-weeks-out-rga-reduces-spending-target-wisconsin_817099.html
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 04:26:27 AM »

Walker tries to smooth things over:

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/scott-walker-chris-christie-112237.html?hp=t3_3

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 04:33:42 AM »

All I'm trying to do is take credit for calling? Is that so wrong? I never meant to revive an annoying, useless Christie vs Walker poll. I guess this good prediction is negated by my not realizing everyone would just ignore this story and keep sharing their irrelevant preference for one or the other.

Probably Walker, though I still believe (maybe foolishly) that Huntsman could make a run at it. I really doubt Bush will run.

fwiw, Huntsman is essentially saying he suspects Christie knew and is now lying.

I'd guess Bush is more likely to run than not right now. I assume Christie's strength was one of the major deterrents to Bush pre-Bridgegate.  Won't be surprised if he starts courting donors keeping a nervous eye on Christie's scandals.

Walker losing re-election would be good news for Christie, the head of the RGA. Keep an eye out for  subtle ways Christie tries to undercut Walker.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 04:42:58 AM »

Christie seems to be burning his bridges, one lane at a time.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 05:00:51 AM »

This story shows both how untrusted Christie is within the GOP and how his image has been so tarnished that it is plausible that he would actually use the power of the RGA to damage one of his fellow governors for his personal gain. Think of it this way, if Jindal were in charge and the same numbers were coming up, would this story be out there? I doubt it.

The GOP are set to make major gains in the Senate and possible take over, and yet it is quite possible they will have a net loss in governorships. That might hurt Christie with elites and the donor class.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies