Ambulance chaser goes multi-state (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:27:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Ambulance chaser goes multi-state (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ambulance chaser goes multi-state  (Read 854 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: October 28, 2014, 10:31:23 AM »

Not bad for an old fart going in 12 directions at once, who has over the decades killed off the bulk of his brain cells savoring the better things in life. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 01:52:47 PM »

It is a minor affair. I will review my BARBEI bar review materials on it on Friday, and take the test in Albany on Saturday. And then I do 50 hours of pro bono work under the supervision of a licensed NY attorney, disclose my criminal record, including traffic tickets, my DUI and pot bust, over the past 10 years, get good character letters from 3 folks that have worked with me professionally, go through a personal interview, pay bar admission fees, and then voila, I have a NY license to practice law!  I anticipate getting through all of this by next Spring.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 04:37:08 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2014, 07:29:53 AM by Torie »

disclose my criminal record, including traffic tickets, my DUI and pot bust
It's a good thing for you that you're not a poor. You'd be locked in some squalid for profit prison until the day you assume room temperature.

Putting aside the hyperbole, yes the justice systems favors those who can defend themselves with skill, to mitigate all the unpleasantness. Who knew?  Believe it or not, I will be using my new license to help balance the scales a bit. I will be mostly doing pro bono work, to help Hudson, and yes, to help the poor, with whom I now live, up close and in person, right next door and on the block and across the street, whose company I enjoy. One great thing about living in a small town, is with some effort, it is so much easier to get beyond the superficial facades, and relate to folks as individuals, one person at a time, and transcend the class and race and political barriers - all of them. I just love the challenge, and if I run for office some day, goal one will be carry the housing projects - as a Republican. I just love challenges. Wish me luck Memphis, won't you?  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies