Opinion of BRTD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:07:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of BRTD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Opinion of BRTD  (Read 1712 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2014, 09:33:27 PM »

Extremely idiosyncratic FF.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2014, 09:46:57 PM »

He has command of a lot of facts but lacks depth or even the willingness to explore things below the surface. This leads to oversimplifications or cherry picking facts to fit his predetermined position.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2014, 12:18:23 AM »

FF
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2014, 12:49:36 AM »

Really makes me wish the ignore function applied to threads/polls he creates as well.  Without that, there's little use in the ignore function in the first place.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2014, 01:01:40 AM »

he totally changed my music tastes starting in about 2007, which in turn significantly changed my life and is intertwined with some of the best moments of my life -- who'd have ever thought I'd receive oral sex (from a girl from New Jersey) while blasting Jersey's Best Dancers?  on a less hedonistic note, he also helped me get into Mineral and  mewithoutYou, which played no small part in opening up the Christian path for me.

all that said, his contributions on such a level are in the past. his latest "Upworthy vs. marxists.org?" poll and the position he took are an example of the significant gulf that separates us nowadays.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2014, 01:19:00 AM »

Always been one of my favorite posters since I've been here.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2014, 05:27:10 AM »

FF, but he was less annoying in the past. He isn't aging well.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2014, 09:14:28 AM »

I'll add that I did like him better before he became a "Christian".  Ugh.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2014, 09:17:34 AM »

An integral part of the forum
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2014, 09:21:56 AM »

I think the fact that BRTD has gotten wrapped up in a church that would appeal to hardcore punk rockers who like Dudefest has been pretty awesome/funny.  And it's very obvious that this type of church is one where the members keep their religious fantasies to themselves, nor do they let them affect their political opinions all that much.  In fact, the only thing that has seemed to be warped by it is his opinion of Family Guy Christian bashing jokes.  A BRTD religious is certainly more bearable (by a long shot) to a Bushie or jmfcst-type religious (talking IRL, not Atlas).
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2014, 09:58:02 AM »

I think the fact that BRTD has gotten wrapped up in a church that would appeal to hardcore punk rockers who like Dudefest has been pretty awesome/funny.  And it's very obvious that this type of church is one where the members keep their religious fantasies to themselves, nor do they let them affect their political opinions all that much.  In fact, the only thing that has seemed to be warped by it is his opinion of Family Guy Christian bashing jokes.  A BRTD religious is certainly more bearable (by a long shot) to a Bushie or jmfcst-type religious (talking IRL, not Atlas).
No this is actually quite incorrect. It's a big influence on our politics, just not in the right wing way, think of how I recently mentioned how popular Upworthy seems to be amongst my church based on Facebook shares, and how our sermons often resemble Upworthy videos just with some biblical references thrown in. It's a definite influence on politics, but of a progressive social justice warrior type, not the raging fundamentalist type. Think of how my scene will talk about racial, gender, sexual and environmental issues in Tumblr-esque terminology, and then add a Christian bent to it, and you have the idea.

And keeping it to ourselves? Not at all. My crowd are far more likely to go around talking about Jesus or how God has touched them and changed them than someone like say your typical over 50 Catholic who opposes gay marriage and doesn't eat meat on Friday but generally is pretty quiet about that stuff. Combine that with above, and you can get things like the person in 2012 who claimed that God obviously wants Obama to be President instead of the non-Christian herectic who supports policies completely out of touch of the teachings of Jesus like Mitt Romney (and believes Paul Ryan is a closet atheist because he chose to follow Rand instead of Christ) and you have a good idea.

But super-thanks for the kind words otherwise!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies