Palin may run in 2016
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:48:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Palin may run in 2016
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Palin may run in 2016  (Read 2376 times)
Cory
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2014, 09:40:19 AM »

Okay, so most likely Cruz isn't going to be the next President, so Palin most likely won't be nominated for Interior Secretary, so this isn't a constructive conversation, but to respond, I wholeheartedly disagree. I think that a GOP senate would confirm her, and I don't believe it would be a party line vote. John Kerry got unanimous confirmation for Secretary of State, despite his deeply polarizing political views. They're not going to put up  fight over the Interior Secretary.

Why not? They can use her polarizing nature as a wedge issue to force Cruz to waste political capital. She's an easy target and hard to defend. Why would Cruz want such a wild card in his cabinet to begin with?

And regarding McConnell quietly asking President Cruz to not nominate her. Cruz doesn't listen to McConnell when he's a first term junior senator. You think he'll start listening when he's President of the United States? There is nobody in the senate who is more willing to stick to their guns than Ted Cruz.

If McConnell get to decide who gets confirmed or not it won't matter if Cruz wants to "stick to his guns". It will be clear that nobody wants this and Cruz won't waste his political capital on something so stupid and useless to begin with. Although being a radical Cruz is much more politically savvy then a lot of people think.

Bull Moose Base

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2014, 11:25:35 AM »

It's fairly plausible she'd run as an Independent if Bush or Christie is the GOP nominee.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2014, 07:45:13 PM »

Lol Palin
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2014, 11:53:38 AM »

It's fairly plausible she'd run as an Independent if Bush or Christie is the GOP nominee.

no, the only reason she'd run is if interest in her brand is way down, nobody buying her books or Alaska wilderness reality DVDs, FOX wanting her to take a 25% cut on her next "political consultant" salary.  the hope would be that a year-long circus on the campaign trail would start the machine all over again.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2014, 12:02:16 PM »

Oh, the usual attention seeking routine. We get this every few months. Of course she won't run. She just wants people talking about her. I remember being adamant in my belief very shortly after 2008 and through 2011 that she wasn't going to run then.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies