GOP attempting to purge 1 in 7 black voters from voter rolls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:10:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  GOP attempting to purge 1 in 7 black voters from voter rolls (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP attempting to purge 1 in 7 black voters from voter rolls  (Read 1834 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 29, 2014, 08:56:45 PM »

How is there not national outrage against the Republicans?  Like... marched out of the Capitol with pitchforks and torches?  Real stuff.  They are openly reprehensible on most issues, openly trying to stop people from voting, openly waging war on anybody who is not rich, and they are literally about to win a midterm election.  This country needs to start treating them like the far-right fringe plutocrats that they are.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 10:03:56 PM »

How is there not national outrage against the Republicans?  Like... marched out of the Capitol with pitchforks and torches?  Real stuff.  They are openly reprehensible on most issues, openly trying to stop people from voting, openly waging war on anybody who is not rich, and they are literally about to win a midterm election.  This country needs to start treating them like the far-right fringe plutocrats that they are.

I think you're overestimating how much people pay attention. To most it probably just boils down to: "hmm, I'm dissatisfied with things right now, I guess I'll vote against the party in charge" and there's really only one other option to vote for.

Largely true.  Much apathy brought on by relative comfort.  As much as I would love some social upheaval against the GOP, there is something to be said for the stability of the USA.  Look how other countries devolve into chaos, even other Western European nations.  If the Democrats could just get out from under their own lobbyists and beholders, and gain the trust of the majority of American people (who don't trust ANYBODY right now), we really could throw out the friggin GOP en masse. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 03:14:32 PM »

I have no problem if the GOP wants to do a taxpayer funded mandatory free photo ID for every adult in the country and then require photo IDs at the polls.

No, no, no, King!  What government waste!  Just use your driver's license!  And if you are silly enough to leave that at your mansion, just bust out the country club membership card!  What effects on the vote could THAT possibly have? 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies